Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay - Problem

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey..
    I started a meteor bill pay contract early last year. My contract was 35euro a month. For this amount i got 200 minutes to other networks, 200 texts to other networks, 1gb of internet usage and free calls and texts to other Meteor customers.
    All was going well with my biggest bill being 50euro, until my contract entered the thirteenth month and i got a bill out of nowhere for 175.00euro. Confused i checked my bill to find they had withdrew my Free Texts to other Meteor customers with no warning at all.
    On ringing customer service i got no satisfaction, they told me i should have been told they would be withdrawn after 12months. Which i think is ridiculous when im paying 35euro basic. On pay as you go, you recieve free calls and texts to Meteor Customers for 20euro a month.
    Before i recieved this bill i had been trying to cancel my bill account as im immigrating to new zealand and it took me three phone calls and being told it would be cancelled until eventually i found out off a friend you have to email the cancelations department before they will cancel it, something three representatives failed to tell me.
    Im now getting messages that they cant cancel my bill until the outstanding money is paid. I cant afford this suprise bill at the moment im only working part time. I just feel really disgusted at the way they would treat a customer that has been with them since they very first began. The reason for this thread is basically just to see if anybody else was in this possition and how the matter was resolved.

Thanks for your time and sorry for going on and on
    Hope ye can help
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Well you might not like what I've got to say but it seems to me the T&C's are clear on their website about the free meteor calls and texts being only for 12 months:
    http://meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/portingoffer/

Also it might have been a good idea to check your bill periodically during the month to check for unusual charges. But leaving all that aside I suggest you cal meteor again and explain the situation in full, that a) you didn't realise you lost the free stuff and b) you're emigrating and cant really afford the bill. Maybe they can do you a deal as a gesture of good will. I've found that contacting them on their twitter feed yields good results: @Meteor_Mobile

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I went onto a similar plan with them last year and it was said everywhere on contract and on the plan online that the free calls and texts are for 12 months only so they are entitled to charge after this. I was aware when I took out the contract this would happen.

When my contract came to an end I went to cancel my account and go on prepay and get free calls and texts there so insteady they put me a €15.25 plan for same usage you are getting with the free calls and texts and a rolling 30 day contract which suits perfect. I think this plan is now €20 online.

Maybe have a word with them and see if they will get rid of these charges somehow. Maybe you go into another contract with them or out of good will they will drop or reduce the charges. But remember they arent in the wrong here really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

chris85 wrote: »
    I went onto a similar plan with them last year and it was said everywhere on contract and on the plan online that the free calls and texts are for 12 months only so they are entitled to charge after this. I was aware when I took out the contract this would happen.

When my contract came to an end I went to cancel my account and go on prepay and get free calls and texts there so insteady they put me a €15.25 plan for same usage you are getting with the free calls and texts and a rolling 30 day contract which suits perfect. I think this plan is now €20 online.

Maybe have a word with them and see if they will get rid of these charges somehow. Maybe you go into another contract with them or out of good will they will drop or reduce the charges. But remember they arent in the wrong here really.
    OP is emmigrating to new zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

cookie1977 wrote: »
    OP is emmigrating to new zealand

missed that part. Important obviously.

Advertisement