Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to repair a leaking flat roof

• 26-04-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

hi guys at the moment the weather is bad. the flat roof is leaking.
    I have tried to fix this with little success. i am guessing that the leak is in the flashing if i have this right the metal part that is connected to the house and sits on the flat roof itself.

there is a cable going through this part i am guessing that this is causing the problem.

any suggestions would be a great help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

A picture would help. Is the flashing lead? What material covers your roof?

TT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tech 7/Roof 7 or else Rito Waterstop.

Both provide an instant watertight seal,even under water or in wet conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

Paddy

Can you get rito water stop in most suppliers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

07734 wrote: »
    Paddy

Can you get rito water stop in most suppliers?

Any decent builders providers will stock it (Chadwicks,Heiton Buckleys,Smiths, Goodwins and many more).

You can also get it in Woodies and BnQ but you will pay more for it in those places.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

Great, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

TopTec wrote: »
    A picture would help. Is the flashing lead? What material covers your roof?

TT[/QUOTEd

sorry for late reply ,

ye the flashing in lead, I have it down to a small drip. so i must be hitting the right spot. I went out and cleaned the roof of all crap dead plants etc.

Advertisement