Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny clean family home video - where to submit it for TV?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

You know those programmes on TV with funny family videos.
    Anyone know a site I can submit one of our own for consideration?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thought those shows died out with youtube etc. Your best bet is to put it on there and maybe it'll be seen I guess, lots of shows just pull clips from there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You've Been Framed. They take clips from any country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Post it to YouTube and here, there and everywhere and if it's really funny it might go viral and you will earn not inconsiderable bucks for every hit over a certain number. I know somebody who pocketed 250 sterling for 3000 hits.
    Be careful not to sign away rights when submitting to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is no money in it unless you are lucky or put in alot of work. You need subscribers and unique pager views. We are talking 1 million+ views.

I've got a video with about 40k hits on youtube and it's not worth anything. And it has to have zero copyrighted material in it to qualify for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Post it to YouTube and here, there and everywhere and if it's really funny it might go viral and you will earn not inconsiderable bucks for every hit over a certain number. I know somebody who pocketed 250 sterling for 3000 hits.
    Be careful not to sign away rights when submitting to TV.

Lol as if. I have videos with >10,000 views and don't get anything. You need to usually be made a "partner" with Youtube to actually earn anything and to do that you need to be one of their most viewed channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement