Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of the best games ever?

• 26-04-2012 12:42am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So is Minecraft up there with the best games ever?
    I have had the game a long time but never really got into it, i blame other games and genres for this but enough about that.
    A few weeks back i started to play again since my young lad has been at me for months to play with him,he had being making crazy things in creative mode.
    Ill be honest i never played the game in anger previously, i never got past the first few nights [survival mode] before getting bored.
    I took the plunge and bought a second account to play along with my son.
    I set up a server for us,researched some mods and modpacks, watched some live streams on twitchtv,watched countless lets play videos on youtube and couldnt believe what ive been missing.

Now we are playing away on our little Tekkit server having a blast, maybe its the extra special factor of playing with my young lad but im asking myself why oh why have i ignored the game for so long because to be totally totally honest its up there with the best fun ive ever had in gaming.
    I simply cant get over the depth involved,mods and modpacks have made the game so much better imo Technic,Tekkit and Yogbox packs are great.
    I plan eventually to get into Thaumcraft which i hear is excellent but for the moment the technic pack and tekkit server is more than enough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

its the worlds biggest lego set. im at an age now where i shouldnt be enjoying stuff like that...but i do. i giggle like im 10 years old when i make something really cool or figure out something id previously overlooked. this game just brings out the child in ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Minecraft is an odd one. I tried creative and found it ultimately boring as £$%^. Survival is the only way I play now, but with the target of getting to the end of the game and killing the dragon. I find it highly addictive, but wonder if I'll look back on it in five years and wonder what the heck I saw in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It's one of those games that in time, will fit alongside Mario, Bomberman etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I meant to add i only play survival, creative doesnt appeal to me much,having said that ive yet to try it but for me survival is where its at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'd probably agree, yeah a real classic.
    I only starting playing this game a few weeks ago and it's already consumed far too many hours, but it is great fun.

I'm playing single player survival mode atm, but i've discovered CraftBukkit with MCMMO mod for multi-player is also awesome with a few friends on Skype at the same time.

Also, I've discovered you can port your single player world over to CraftBukkit and use Dynmap mod to map out the surrounding area. :)
    Very handy for my next exploration trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement