Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HEC SF: Clermont Auvergne vs Leinster; Sunday 29 April, KO 1600(CET); Live Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Take that Paddy Power;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Typical

It may be typical, but can you dispute any of it? I'm happy to see Leinster in the final but, they were very lucky boys today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

But who cares? Allez les Bleus! :D

:D:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Well done Leinster. How they kept out Clermont at the death. Brilliant. Hopefully the All-Irish final will be a cracker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

No post-match interviews/commentary?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

EmacB wrote: »
    That match was as good as it gets!

in terms of tension yes

in terms of quality Leinster played better in the quarter-final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hagz wrote: »
    Typical

In fairness, we were so so lucky. But that's rugby. Ulster were lucky, and we were lucky, and we're both in the final.

Nobody gets into a final on luck alone. For my money, Ulster were worthy winners over Munster and Edinburgh....how were they lucky???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I don't really care how lucky we were, we were unlucky to get drawn away, we were unlucky to be drawn against Clermont or not Edinburgh for example.

You need luck to win these things, and if we do win I doubt it will go down in history with an asterisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Yeah that's a bit sh1t from Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

donfers wrote: »
    in terms of tension yes

Not really, that was as high quality a game as you'll get

Clermont are a world apart from Cardiff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

What time is the final on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Wow. Just wow.

Our greatest win-and although Clermont did brilliantly in that last five minutes I thought we were the better team overall and deserved it. The belief these players have is frightening.

I said before the game I was sure Leinster were going to do it. Unless you believe it-it aint gonna happen.

Anyone know what end of Twickenham we'll be at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Great result! Leinster thoroughly deserved the win although a poor performance by their high standards - due it must be said to outstanding performances by some Clermont players. Can't wait for the Final. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

Who got man of the match lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

In fairness, we were so so lucky. But that's rugby. Ulster were lucky, and we were lucky, and we're both in the final.

How were we lucky? We scored the try. We created more try scoring opportunities. We trusted our defence and rightfully so. We also had the best spell of dominance in the entire game.

We could easily have lost, but we wouldn't have deserved it.

Just watching Drico today

I don't think there'll ever be another player who reads the game like he does

An absolute genius

No disrespect to any of the semi-finalists, but I thought both Ulster & Leinster played like they had an eye on the final (restricted by the fear of losing it) Expecting both to give it their all in the final and give a match to remember. Ulster will give a good game but can't see anything but a Leinster win.

Tox56 wrote: »
    I don't really care how lucky we were, we were unlucky to get drawn away, we were unlucky to be drawn against Clermont or not Edinburgh for example.

You need luck to win these things, and if we do win I doubt it will go down in history with an asterisk.

We just won AWAY from home in France in a semi final! Of course you need some luck to do that-but we deserved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Aw what a classic!! Unbelievable!! Amazing end to the game, I thought that peno the TMO didn't give would cost us the game (and imo was over), but thank god we held out!!!

C'MON LEINSTER!!! BEYOND ECSTATIC!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hines was brilliant for Clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Cullen will be off for the final.
    But I don't think he'll be a great loss to Leinster.

uriah wrote: »

He was crap in the first half but really upped it in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

No chance. He'll be handed a 3 weeks ban reduced to 2 or something along those lines, so he doesn't miss the final.

If Sean O'Brien wasn't banned for the final last year then I don't think Leo will be this year.

And he would be a massive loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

donfers wrote: »
    in terms of tension yes

Yeah I agree. But when two massive teams play against each other in important matches they don't tend to be try-fests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

How were we lucky? We scored the try. We created more try scoring opportunities. We trusted our defence and rightfully so. We also had the best spell of dominance in the entire game.

Question: How were we lucky?
    Answer: On a couple of occasions we could have rightfully seen yellow cards and oh yeah, Fofana was about 2cm from a try.
    What's your problem?? You have to be lucky sometimes to get to a final, especially when your away form home. I don't know if you have some sort of phobia about admitting that, but you should just chill out cause no matter what Leinster are in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

don't think so. Thought it was a hanbag.

Sean "Gandalf" O'Brien, what an effort at the end!!

I thought the (unforced through injury) subs by Clermont were poor.
    Taking Hines off was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

French TV Stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

by all means dont get too ahead of yourself

dodged 3 yellows and barnes runined clermot twice by all forward passes that wernt, plus the last 2 mins.... if thats not lucky then what is exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm still shaking after that. Sport at its finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Leinster deserved to win but they almost blew it at the end there. I thought they should have killed off Clermont because they were very much on top but they made one or two mistakes that cost them.

Clermont never really looked like scoring a try until the end so they can't have too many complaints.

Kearney was MOTM although he butchered a try when he was stopped near the line. Luke Fitz was outside him in space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Wow what a finish, squeeeeky bum time there for sure, and I'm just talking about the fans!!
    I thought the referee did us favours today, and was mightly glad he blew up that last one at the dept, phew !
    That drop goal by Kearney was simply superlative :D
    Booooo :( to Sky tho for closing up shop early, I'm guessing if it was an English team then there would have been analysis.......

Don't know who got MOTM. O'Brien stood out for me though. BOD was brilliant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

They probably deserved the win on the balance of things though. They had a poor 20minutes and lost the game.

At least there are no French posters on the board. They could shift some very valid criticism at Barnes.

Great to see an all Irish final. Leinster should walk it. Ulster have been very lucky to get so far.

For once I actually agree with you. I think Barnes won the game for us and I think clermont will feel hard done by.

Hopefully they bounce back as the competition needs French teams that are that interested in it.

That said I'm off to twickenham and for once I'm flying in and out of the country it's on in:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

twinytwo wrote: »

dodged 3 yellows and barnes runined clermot twice by all forward passes that wernt, plus the last 2 mins.... if thats not lucky then what is exactly?

Fofana dropped the ball, his fault, not luck. The last two minutes was an unbelievable defensive effort and a brilliant SOB steal.

twinytwo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Interviews with BOD and Kearney on Sky Sports News, Kearney MOTM I presume.

3 weeks to sort out the line-out. Either the calls or throws are wrong.

• Advertisement

kearney for player of the year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Interview on Sky Sports News. Kearney got MOM

Leinster were lucky to an extent but they still deserved to win it

Plus they're the best team in Europe

If that game had been on in the Aviva Clermont wouldn't have gotten a sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Quint2010 wrote: »

Attack the post not the poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

For once I actually agree with you. I think Barnes won the game for us and I think clermont will feel hard done by.

Hopefully they bounce back as the competition needs French teams that are that interested in it.

That said I'm off to twickenham and for once I'm flying in and out of the country it's on in:D

Barnes didn't win the game for Leinster. A few decisions went for them and a few against them. The crowd were very vocal and sky then showed replays of what they were shouting about.

At one stage BOD should have had a clear penalty but the ref let Clermont continue.

Ah....Tar...Brush....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Hi guys, could anyone tell me what heppened with cullen towards the end of the match, my stream was cutting in and out. Cheers

lol... so you going to say that none of that happend. Open your eyes ;)

Question: How were we lucky?
    Answer: On a couple of occasions we could have rightfully seen yellow cards and oh yeah, Fofana was about 2cm from a try.
    What's your problem?? You have to be lucky sometimes to get to a final, especially when your away form home. I don't know if you have some sort of phobia about admitting that, but you should just chill out cause no matter what Leinster are in the final.

And Clermont should have been penalised far more for holding players at fringes. Also a Clermont player hit Boss in the first couple of minutes so could easily have been off as well.

We did not rely on luck to win that game. We won away against one of the best teams in France with a brilliant performance. To call that lucky discredits perhaps our best performance of all time. We weren't lucky, we were good.

You could say every team is lucky in some every single week I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Cut rugby short for indycar, FU sky.

Advertisement