Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Also Russia to be winning at HT @ 2/1

Thank You!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

PopTarts wrote: »
    Thank You!

Yeah, good day so far! Just need a Kershakov goal to go along with a Russian win to make it perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Mon Russia get a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoifs2707

Sickened with that game. I had Russia to win 2-1 an Arshavin anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

kryogen wrote: »
    To answer the firstly, yes your correct anybody can score against anybody, thats where making a book comes into it. Also, if you don't like the bet, don't do it! Thats great, but what do you think gives you the right to criticize others for what they choose to do with their money?

To answer the secondly part, if you can't separate your emotions from your gambling don't gamble. Simple really. Again, you have no right to judge others.

Pass no attention to madma, earlier in this thread - I said Ireland would finish bottom of the group and rather than get into a discussion about the merits of value in that bet, he said I hope u do ure nuts on this bet. Very mature, this a gambling thread where people express their opinion on what's a worthwhile bet - he seems to what this thread to b replaced as a cheer leading thread. Like it or not but Ireland are the poorest team in the competition and there is a high probality that we will be the only team not to collect any points in the competition. The reason England have been traditional short prices goin into any major tournament has been becuz of our friend madma - patriotism clouding realism of a countries chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Seems the bookies are the winners so far!

Aoifs2707 wrote: »
    Sickened with that game. I had Russia to win 2-1 an Arshavin anytime.

He give the ball away that led to the goal and misjudges alot of his passes couldn't trust him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

The bet with the most wins so far is the BTS "yes" it has come up 8 out of the 10 games played so far ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've had a dire run so far. Only got one winning bet (from Germany vs Portugal) and had to top the account up again this morning :(

Could do with a good evening tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Think i'll give up betting on these tournaments
    too unpredictable
    give me a good old fashioned club league any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I've had a dire run so far. Only got one winning bet (from Germany vs Portugal) and had to top the account up again this morning :(

Wait till the knock outs, or at least until after the first round of games is over, this second round should be easier to predict but I am going to wait for the knock outs myself.

francie81 wrote: »
    He give the ball away that led to the goal and misjudges alot of his passes couldn't trust him imo.

Ya my own stupid mistake. I did back that the Czechs would win 2-1 @9/1 so it wasnt to bad. Tomorrow will be interesting, not sure how those games will go

Ya my own stupid mistake. I did back that the Czechs would win 2-1 @9/1 so it wasnt to bad. Tomorrow will be interesting, not sure how those games will go

Ahh thats not soo bad then nice one. Well am hoping for Dutch win have them and the Czech's @9/4 to qualify, Ireland (+1) @13/5 as part of a lucky 15 with the outstanding selection being a Swedish win last night:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Not been too good for me either, had money on France to Beat England, Sweden to beat Ukraine, and Russia to beat Poland. :(

I really think there is money to be made in the corner markets, I've made my money on them this tournament so far. For example tomorrow I fully expect Portugal to rack them up against Denmark. You have the likes of Nani and Ronaldo providing width, not to mention the FB's getting forward. With Portugal needing to win I expect them to go all out and Denmark should sit back and try and hit them on the break.

The only problem is if they score early then it could screw things up. Best case scenario is Denmark scoring early!

Gonna have a better look tomorrow at the handicap markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

So after the 1st round (and 2nd round for Group A) how do people predict the Groups will finish?

I put a group straight forecast bet on before the tournament, and think Holland, and Poland (who I had as 2nd in their respective groups) are the only two that look like they might not make it.

A:
    1. Russia
    2. C. Republic (still possibly Poland)

B:
    1. Germany
    2. Portugal (or Holland, for some reason I don't see Denmark doing it)

C:
    1. Spain
    2. Italy
    (obviously I hope to God there's an upset here)

D:
    1. France
    2. England

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astapasta

I agree with these lads.. http://www.celticpunter.ie/germany-v-holland-betting---both-teams-to-find-the-net-looks-like-the-best-option-in-tight-encounter
    The two sides are attack orientated and with the Dutch in a "must win" situation I can see goals here tonight. Both teams to score at 1.8 with Paddypower looks like a sound bet.

astapasta wrote: »
    I agree with these lads.. http://www.celticpunter.ie/germany-v-holland-betting---both-teams-to-find-the-net-looks-like-the-best-option-in-tight-encounter
    The two sides are attack orientated and with the Dutch in a "must win" situation I can see goals here tonight. Both teams to score at 1.8 with Paddypower looks like a sound bet.

When was the last time they got a bet right? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

0 winning bets for me so far. Last night had Russia to win, Dzagoev anytime wincast, and Russia/Czech double.

Bookies are definitely winners so far. Im not going near tonight's games.

• Advertisement

I like the overs in the game tonight, still wont be having a bet though

OK,

So Im going for a biggish double here today in the corners market

Portugal -3 corners @ 10/11 + Holland to have more corners than Germany @ EVENS

Betfred

Yeah I would expect quite a few corners in Portugal game
    Over 11 match corners is 5/4 on Betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv gone for over 2.5 goals in the Holland match @ 1/1

Fabulous odds tbh

I know both countries dislike each other so it should be a tense affair but I feel its a must win game for the Dutch. Both teams were up against negative teams in the first round so here's hoping its a open game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv gone for over 2.5 goals in the Holland match @ 1/1

Fabulous odds tbh

I know both countries dislike each other so it should be a tense affair but I feel its a must win game for the Dutch. Both teams were up against negative teams in the first round so here's hoping its a open game

I wouldn't disagree with ya there (but we do remember WC final and Dutch negativity). I think the outcome of Denmark/Portugal will dictate the likely style of play. If Denmark win then it's a must win for Holland. If Germany score first then it opens out into an attacking game.

I think Holland and Germany will be a cracking game, especially considering the fact that if Holland loose they are going home. Anything could happen. I have a feeling tempers/nerves could get the better of them, and it is possible an own goal could be score. Portugal and Denmark should be interesting game also, I think Bendtner will be crucial to their game again. I wouldn't be surprised if this game ended in a draw.

william hill special
    Ronaldo to score anytime and Portugal win
    7/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

De Dannan wrote: »
    william hill special
    Ronaldo to score anytime and Portugal win
    7/2

5/1 with Paddy at the moment

https://iphone.paddypower.mobi/#!paddypower_publication_event_iphone.t?classId=302&typeId=13172&eventId=3851180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Germany have lost thier 2nd round game in the last two tournaments, croatia in 2008 and serbia 2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Germany and Holland to score in both halfs 5/2 & 3/1 respectively with Ladbrokes. Entered that Ladbrokes Tipster comp yesterday and got off to a good start, so hoping to continue the form today. Will plump for Holland @ 3/1 given the pressure is on.

DB74 wrote: »

Is that a mobile offer, or online too ?
    I might have to refund my PP account :pac:

De Dannan wrote: »
    Is that a mobile offer, or online too ?
    I might have to refund my PP account :pac:

Don't know TBH

It was online earlier but seems to be gone now. I got the link from Twitter and posted it here about a minute after Paddy tweeted it. Maybe it's mobile only now or something.

I think Holland and Germany will be a cracking game, especially considering the fact that if Holland loose they are going home. ..........................

While I agree with your sentiment, being pedantic, no they're not necessarily going home. It goes back to my previous post regarding the outcome of Portugal/Denmark - a Portugal win and they're still alive irrespective of their result against Germany. They may fancy overturning an inferior goal difference against Portugal in their last match - but they'll also rely on Germany doing them a favour against Denmark :rolleyes:

Personally I'm waiting for the result of 1st match before deciding what's best on Germany/Holland. Ta

Denmark are too big @ 4/1 (VC & SJ) tonight IMO. They beat Portugal in qualifying (and lost to them as well) and also took 4 points from the 2 matches between the sides in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup so they certainly know how to compete against them.

Lots of pressure on Portugal tonight as well as if they lose then qualification is out of their hands and they could be going home tonight if they lose and Germany win.

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    While I agree with your sentiment, being pedantic, no they're not necessarily going home. It goes back to my previous post regarding the outcome of Portugal/Denmark - a Portugal win and they're still alive irrespective of their result against Germany. They may fancy overturning an inferior goal difference against Portugal in their last match - but they'll also rely on Germany doing them a favour against Denmark :rolleyes:

Personally I'm waiting for the result of 1st match before deciding what's best on Germany/Holland. Ta

True, but for some reason I fancy Denmark in this game. I probably should have stated that

True, but for some reason I fancy Denmark in this game. I probably should have stated that

Agree with ya there .... 7/2 on Bet365 for a bit of interest .. too good a price to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Backing the draw in both games today
    One should come in and I'll be in profit

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deand21594

Italy are 15/8 with PP to reach semi-finals, seems like a good bet to me

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah, yeah I'm back.... but it's Van Bommel!

Van Bommel To Be Booked @ 5/6

Van Bommel 1st To Be Booked @ 8/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

-Ade- wrote: »

I couldn't resist 13/8 (Betfred and Ladbrokes) and 9/1 (Betfred) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Portugal at 1.87 (currently) may be the lay of the tournament.

Under 1.5 goals is 5/2 generally too. Given the lack of scoring from Portugal, that looks ok to me

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Jacobsen 3/1 to get booked. Probably marking Ronaldo

.. and a fiver on Agger FGS @ 22/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Holland v Germany
    Over 2.5 Goals Evs
    Van Bommel To Be Booked 13/8
    Over 10 Corners Evs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

having a disaster so far
    only one winning bet and that was ibra fgs last nite

can't do any worse following you
    13/8+8s lads for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Are pp doing 1st player to be booked for german game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ecdd0ccd-d7d0-4368-8d74-dafaf4884698_veldje_opstelling_ned-DUI_EK.jpg

Posted earlier in the "normal" football tips:
    Holland -0,5 Asian cards @2.1
    Germany &over2,5 @3.75

If it means Holland win i really dont mind losing that 2nd one

• Advertisement
Advertisement