Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Poland 2-1 @8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Garzorico wrote: »
    Kerzhakov anytime 13/8
    Russia to win both halves @4's
    Russia to win @ 8/11
    Lewandowski anytime 13/10
    Baros anytime @ 5/2

gonna be a bucket of goals in each game

I hope your right (as i'm one of the million on this thread with them to win there group) but remember the Poland game - once Poland levelled Russia passed it around for the last 15mins (till they gave it to Ardshavin, who gave it to Poland), i'm just a bit worried that if they go 1 up they will just try to shut up shop

I'm on the overs in the Poland / Czech game though @ evens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Two bets for me today:

Double of first yellow in both games to be after the 25th minute. circa 2/1.

No yellow cards in the first half of Russia-Greece. 5/1.

Reasoning: The referees have seemed very lenient in the early parts of every game, apart from the notable exception of the very first one. Has me wondering if something was said to the referees after that game. Even in the Italy-Spain game where there were 7 yellows, only one was in the first half.

Also, in the Russian game it's the same referee as in NED-GER. In that game he was extremely lenient until very late on. Hoping for a repeat of that today.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

elefant wrote: »
    Two bets for me today:

Double of first yellow in both games to be after the 25th minute. circa 2/1.

No yellow cards in the first half of Russia-Greece. 5/1.

Reasoning: The referees have seemed very lenient in the early parts of every game, apart from the notable exception of the very first one. Has me wondering if something was said to the referees after that game. Even in the Italy-Spain game where there were 7 yellows, only one was in the first half.

Also, in the Russian game it's the same referee as in NED-GER. In that game he was extremely lenient until very late on. Hoping for a repeat of that today.

Fingers crossed!

Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Barlett

I think I'll have to bow out of the Euros after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The Russians and the Polish can go and ask me hole now thats 3 bloody bets those games cost me tonight.

Had at least 100 euro ridding on one of them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am going around the room like this...

untitled-1wwx7f.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Garzorico wrote: »
    Kerzhakov anytime 13/8
    Russia to win both halves @4';s
    Russia to win @ 8/11
    Lewandowski anytime 13/10
    Baros anytime @ 5/2

gonna be a bucket of goals in each game

Lantern jaysus. Mile wide with these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I knew the Russians would be the bogey team for that accumulator PP offered.

Paddy has booked his holiday to Greece tonight.

• Advertisement

I remember posting here Pre-Euro's recommending not to bet on the Checz, as they had no chance to get out of the group. I am sorry! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

I put €20 on italy to win euro 2012 @14/1 just now.They are a massive price considering they just have to beat ireland to qualify and the way ireland have played it should be easy for italy.Ireland are out and have nothing to play for and italy are always dangerous in the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Anyone think Denmark can upset Germany tomorrow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

after tonites shambooley god help Germany, Spain and France for group toppers is all i say.

backing all the outsiders to qualify might be something as one way or another the punter will get f**ked more times than a whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

im not up to much profit wise in this tournament:D, cant get a run going

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

I am just about old enough to remember 1982 and the world cup stitch up the Germans were involved in with Austria, for me tomorrow is the same in so much as a draw will do them to top the group as well as more than likely being enough for the Danes to progress. Its also potentially knocking out Holland who woud be one of their main rivals.

Anyone think Denmark can upset Germany tomorrow?

Might as well lump on Ireland at this point :pac:

I think, I am now not touching any betting whatsoever, until the Premiership comes back. Not even Osters, not even Black Caviar, and Frankel can feck off

I am just chipping away a decent profit from May / early-June now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

I would rather back horses than the euros at this stage. and I know fcuk all about horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Was the money back on the accum good if 3 of the 4 win??? or was that only online bets? before i rip up this docket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    Have to admit I am surprised in faith some of you have in Russian forwards. They are terribly wasteful and will need plenty of chance to score goals. Just look at some of their games, for example against Ireland in Moscow, where they missed in some situations when I though it's not possible to miss.

Probably the only good prediction I had regarding Euro 2012 so far. Kerzhakov has been terrible and Pavlyuchenko and Pogrebnyak were poor as well against Greece. Hopefully my initial post stopped at least one of the posters here from wasting your money on Kerzhakov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Was the money back on the accum good if 3 of the 4 win??? or was that only online bets? before i rip up this docket

any1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Not sure if it was only online. Why dont you ask powers to be sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If Bommel gets booked tomorrow, is he out of the next match if they get thru ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

He most likely isnt in the line up.

****, i read that wrong.

So, if he plays and gets booked, he ll be out for the next match.

Possible line up:
    Same as first 2 matches but with Huntelaar instead of Affelay.
    Sneijder will play from the left.
    Van Persie "behind" Huntelaar.

Holland need a win with 2 goals to qualify.
    And here is the bad news, Holland only won 1x in 10 attempts vs Portugal: 1-0 in 1991.

inforfun wrote: »

That would be a bit a shocker if true

• Advertisement

You beat the edit... Sorry about that.
    Mixed up a newspaper report and a column by Pierre van Hooijdonk. Pie-Air would leave Van Bommel and Heitinga out. Fully agree with him, certainly about Heitinga.

im thinking of him or Pepe for the booking but I just dont know

Going for Holland over 2,5 cards @2.37.

Van Bommel/Heitinga/De Jong/Willems/Vd Wiel.

3 out of those 5.
    Maybe even RvP if things dont go as desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Personally speaking bets have being nothing short of atrocious in the tournament!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

has anyone won anything...

im outta it.

i wont even touch spain, germany or france now.

unpredictable, and russia should have put greece to the sword.

• Advertisement

Iv gone for Rui Pedro (Portugal keeper) to be booked anytime at 10/1

I took this bet because im half aslept lol but I feel that he'll be really tested tomorrow and will waste time at any minute

has anyone won anything...

im outta it.

i wont even touch spain, germany or france now.

unpredictable, and russia should have put greece to the sword.

I am down about €50 since the euros started but that is all bets i made since then, includes non-euro bets as well.

Cant filter the settled bets on Euro only. Stayed away from all those accumulators and enhanced bets. Mostly because i was too late most of the times :D
    Wouldnt even be surprised if i have a small profit on the euro-only bets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Shane St. wrote: »
    any1?

it applied to mobile bets and text bets
    didnt apply online
    reason i know is that i initially placed the bet online and then
    i rang up to cancel it so i could place the bet on my ipod in order
    to avail of the offer

i couldnt have done any worse if i tried
    worst couple of weeks of footie bet for me ever

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I started with €20.

About 7 of that went on long term bets (overall winners, top scorers).

Am currently on €8.50 at the moment. Thought the group winners bet would cover me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Russia have let us down badly. That group could be played again with totally different results. I was beginning to think the acca on group favourite winners coming through was a great bet. Spain, Germany and France all look on course.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 astapasta

Happy Days! Them lads at http://www.celticpunter.ie/ tipped the Greeks and the Czechs to win yesterday so I put my Paddy Power account back into profit again! I definitely be keeping an eye on their articles, seems like they are hitting their stride again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

astapasta wrote: »
    Happy Days! Them lads at http://www.celticpunter.ie/ tipped the Greeks and the Czechs to win yesterday so I put my Paddy Power account back into profit again! I definitely be keeping an eye on their articles, seems like they are hitting their stride again.

nice aftertiming :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

mailburner wrote: »
    it applied to mobile bets and text bets
    didnt apply online
    reason i know is that i initially placed the bet online and then
    i rang up to cancel it so i could place the bet on my ipod in order
    to avail of the offer

i couldnt have done any worse if i tried
    worst couple of weeks of footie bet for me ever

Fairly sure that it was asked on Twitter if the money back would cover online bets and PP said that it would. That's what was posted earlier in this thread anyways.

Portugal v Holland
    Over 5.5 Cards 11/10
    Bad blood between both sides look back to world cup 2006 16 yellows and 4 reds.

did you post that you were doing both teams before kick off?

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    did you post that you were doing both teams before kick off?

No i didn't post it. It was a bit of a last minute thing. But i reckon I'll be going in heavy on Germany especially as they have said they wont be resting any legs tonight.;) Might even take them on the -1 goal handicap..

its called aftertiming :p

anyway good luck punting today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

sucked in again here by pp
    ron and rvp anytime 9s
    holl and ger 5s
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-double?ev_oc_grp_ids=510245&aff_id=3409

mailburner wrote: »
    sucked in again here by pp
    ron and rvp anytime 9s
    holl and ger 5s
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-double?ev_oc_grp_ids=510245&aff_id=3409

Same. They're such manipulative bastards.

Lads.. i just dont understand why anyone would lump on Ronaldo or RVP to score. I mean they have not been firing on all cylinders so why back them at all?? There are many other better value bets out there, as one bookie said to me "goalscorer and correct score bets are our bread and butter" :rolleyes:

Lads.. i just dont understand why anyone would lump on Ronaldo or RVP to score. I mean they have not been firing on all cylinders so why back them at all?? There are many other better value bets out there, as one bookie said to me "goalscorer and correct score bets are our bread and butter" :rolleyes:

I only went for the Netherlands-Germany double.

But I'm confident RVP will bag a goal tonight. PP offering money back if he does

Ronaldo? Not so confident

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

inforfun wrote: »

****, i read that wrong.

So, if he plays and gets booked, he ll be out for the next match.

Possible line up:
    Same as first 2 matches but with Huntelaar instead of Affelay.
    Sneijder will play from the left.
    Van Persie "behind" Huntelaar.

Holland need a win with 2 goals to qualify.
    And here is the bad news, Holland only won 1x in 10 attempts vs Portugal: 1-0 in 1991.

Well remember the octapus , there is a camel in china some zoo same thing done the czech game and italy v croatia draw plus germany and some others , he picked holland

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Does anyone know who to complain to about doggy book makers?, Sky bet with their online betting took the Pi$$ by saying i bet on denmark Not portugal in the live betting and ripping me of to a tune of 100 euros.
    And not for the first time either

• Registered Users Posts: 7 markvighan

Denmark - Germany
    Germany and Denmark are against each other tonight in this Euro 2012 match. This is the third and the last match that would be played in the group B and Germany is already very close to the qualification while Denmark need a miracle to make a step forward in this competition.

Denmark is actually in the 2nd position with 3 points from 2 matches that they had done in this season. It seems like Denmark now will hope to beat Germany despite that they can reach even qualification with a draw in case that Netherlands would be able to beat Portugal in the other match of the group.

In the other side Germany stands in the 1st position of the group very calm with 6 points from 2 matches and now would be able to qualify in the next round even with a draw in this match but Germany is a team that never gets satisfied with a draw but always tries for more.

In this situation i see Germany making things right in this match and in my opinion would be able to beat Denmark quite easy and clear so ill take Germany with handicap.

• Advertisement

alfalion wrote: »
    Does anyone know who to complain to about doggy book makers?, Sky bet with their online betting took the Pi$$ by saying i bet on denmark Not portugal in the live betting and ripping me of to a tune of 100 euros.
    And not for the first time either

You will have to contact their customer care dept. Unless you can see it in your bets section then it's difficult to prove it.

Advertisement