Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

€20 E/W on Portugal outright @13/2 I just have that feeling:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Quick question guys if anybody could answer:

I did an over 1.5 goals accumulator today on various matches with BET365. I just have Czech Republic and Portugal left but when i checked my betslip i must have accidentally hit over 1.0,1.5 instead of just over 1.5. What does this mean?

Is it if there is one goal i get half the odds and if there is two goals i get the full odds or what?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Joao Pereira @ 5/2
    Czech Republic v Portugal
    Anytime Carded Player

Seems to be a nutter the times iv watched him

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ronaldo FGS @ 10/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I just went big bet straight on a Portugal win @ 1.75 on Betfair. I've ran up a few quid on there during Royal Ascot so it's all on the Portuguese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fonze07 wrote: »

I did an over 1.5 goals accumulator today on various matches with BET365. I just have Czech Republic and Portugal left but when i checked my betslip i must have accidentally hit over 1.0,1.5 instead of just over 1.5. What does this mean?

Is it if there is one goal i get half the odds and if there is two goals i get the full odds or what?

Cheers
    Over 1/1,5 and the match finishes 1-0 you lose 50% and void 50% of your stake.

2-0/1-1 and you win the bet 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    Joao Pereira @ 5/2
    Czech Republic v Portugal
    Anytime Carded Player

Seems to be a nutter the times iv watched him

Really like that bet, Pilar should cause him loads of problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Fonze07 wrote: »

Cheers
    1 goal you get half your stake back.

2 or more goals you make your fortune.

I always do a winner/top gs double in a major tournament and I think im gonna go with

spain/ronaldo @ 80s!

OH THE SWEAT IS ON!

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    Ronaldo FGS @ 10/3

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Well done to all who had Winker wincasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Double:
    Portugal 4/5:)
    Germany -1 evens

€25 pays €90

First part of my double in,now just waiting on the Germans to do a job on the Greeks.

Greece -1 card tomorrow @ 8/11 looks like a really nice bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Germany -1 @evens great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Germany -1 @evens great value.

greece are really really tough to beat. that bet hasn't come in in any of Greece's games (drew 1st, lost 2nd by a goal and won the 3rd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Shane St. wrote: »
    greece are really really tough to beat. that bet hasn't come in in any of Greece's games (drew 1st, lost 2nd by a goal and won the 3rd)

Those games were against Poland, Czech Republic, and Russia though.

Germany are on a different level to those sides.

I think the Czech Rep showed tonight just how bad Group A was. Portugal totally dominated them. Germany will crush this Greek side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

The Greeks are resiliant and will park the bus. I dont know if they will be crushed, but I would expect Germany to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I personally wouldn't go near the Germany-Greece game. Germany got 9 points out of 9 but if you watched the games...

Lucky to get the win against Portugal, Pepe hit the bar and Portugal probably created slightly more clear cut chances in the game.

Narrowly beat a very disjointed Dutch side, albeit fairly comfortably in the end.

Stuttered to a win against Denmark and could easily have fallen behind in that game. Bendtner should have had a penalty.

Greece on the other hand are almost always difficult to beat. Germany should get the job done but I wouldn't be going anywhere near -1 and I certainly won't be going near the 4/11 price on Germany, it should be closer to 1/2 imo. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Greece rode their luck a bit and took it to ET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I agree. I don't think Greece will offer much going forward.

I will be taking Germany to win to nil @1.90. It was @2.00 yesterday, could be down to 1.83 before kick-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

For tomorrow

Player to be Booked (K Katsouranis) @ 2.37

He's very passionate, perhaps a bit too much. In the last game, you could see him starting to lose his cool as it went on. I can see him voicing his opinion a bit to much, and getting a card for it, regardless of if it is a close game, or Greece get hammered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Blatter wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't go near the Germany-Greece game. Germany got 9 points out of 9 but if you watched the games...

Lucky to get the win against Portugal, Pepe hit the bar and Portugal probably created slightly more clear cut chances in the game.

Narrowly beat a very disjointed Dutch side, albeit fairly comfortably in the end.

Stuttered to a win against Denmark and could easily have fallen behind in that game. Bendtner should have had a penalty.

Greece on the other hand are almost always difficult to beat. Germany should get the job done but I wouldn't be going anywhere near -1 and I certainly won't be going near the 4/11 price on Germany, it should be closer to 1/2 imo. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Greece rode their luck a bit and took it to ET.

greece are absolute bas<>ards to play against, i can see them nipping a goal after germany have out done them for 80 minutes.

its evens for minus 1 for a reason.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Greece will be missing Karagounis and holebas through suspension while their first choice centre half and goalkeeper are both injured. Germany have a full squad to choose from and I cant see them not scoring at least 2.
    Damir Skomina in the last ten champions league/competive international games he has refereed has average 5 cards per game(48 yellow2red)so that could also be worth watching.
    Also in each of Germany's group games 1 of their payers got the official man of the match award(Ozil v Portugal,Gomez v Holand and Podolski v Denmark)

What do ye think of draw/germany at 3/1?

Germany + under 2.5 goals at 21/10?

Greece most cards 4/9?

All PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Yesterday I saw Ronaldo to score and Portugal to win 1-0 @ 16.00 and I didn't do the bet, so I don't wanna make the same mistake twice and I've gone for:
    Gomez to score and Germany to win 1-0 @ 14.00

and also Greece to win 1-0 @ 15.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Germany/Greece under 11 corners @ 5/6 looks fairly decent going by the corner count for both sides lately

Took Germany Win to Nil when it was @ Evens last night. Might add a goalscorer bet later on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Sorry for silly question but is it possible to do eg. Germany-1 on Betfair? If so waht is the market called? The only similar markets I can see are Germany+1, or Greece+1 etc...

I keep looking at the Penalty bets.

Greece are going to be defending hard, and could very well give away one.

€10 Germany to score a penalty @ 4.50
    €5 Germany to miss a penalty @ 11.00

...are two I might go with.

It's a pity the -1 Handicap is dropping, as I am not confident in what want to do just yet. I made far too many bad last minute decisions during the last few weeks, and it has not helped my June profit :/

Gomez Wincast @ 2.00 seems very worthwhile too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Germany and under 2.5 @ 2/1. Greece will be well up for this game for reasons beyond football and I expect a tight affair. Germany should have the majority of the possession however and should break the Greeks down. Greece have scored in their last 10 competitive games so they could sneak one again tonight. Hoping they don't but that's why I'll have medium stakes on Germany and under 2.5 rather than Germany -1 or Germany to win to nil.

• Advertisement

I'd suggest waiting for the official line up before putting money on Muller, Podolski and especially Gomez. Loew set to ring the changes according to BILD.
    Germany XI vs. Greece: Neuer - Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Reus, Özil, Schürrle - Klose (via BILD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I'd suggest waiting for the official line up before putting money on Muller, Podolski and especially Gomez. Loew set to ring the changes according to BILD.

With it being a quarter final, would be very surprised if Gomez doesnt start unless hes picked up a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

jArgHA wrote: »
    Sorry for silly question but is it possible to do eg. Germany-1 on Betfair? If so waht is the market called? The only similar markets I can see are Germany+1, or Greece+1 etc...

I was actually thinking the very same thing this morning. Doesn't look like this market is on betfair. I can only find the +1 and the Asian handicaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Germany half time Greece full time 100/1 with PP
    Gonna lob €2 on it

Any 100/1 in soccer is worth a look and if Greece go behind it will either be a hammering or else they will give it socks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Drogmal wrote: »
    I was actually thinking the very same thing this morning. Doesn't look like this market is on betfair. I can only find the +1 and the Asian handicaps.

http://sports.betfair.com/football/market?id=1.105953146

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Gonna take the Ronaldo wincast @ 2/1 . Not the best odds but can see it coming off.

Bingo! :D

Haven't been posting here much lately but it's been a great week so far after a not so great start to the euro's.

Gonna avoid pre-match betting on the game tonight. Doesn't seem to be any value in the game whatsoever and that's what it's all about.

Might take a punt on Gomez 1st scorer in game if he starts and Germany play at all in the first 10 minutes.

Apparently no Gomez but Klose up front for Germany tonight.

(Source: www.vi.nl reliable dutch football website)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv gone for 2nd half to have most goals @ 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

Think like last night's game that +1 margin is best bet. Gone for Germany +1 @ 3.9 Betfair. Also gone for HT/FT - Draw/Germany @ 4.9 on basis if Greeks put up as much resistance as expected that'll it in second half before the Germans's can break them down as the Greeks tire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I have a quarter final accum of Portugal to win by exactly one goal, Germany to win, Spain to win and England to qualify for semi. Got 16/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Showing Wagers 1 - 3 of 3
    Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    xxxxxxxxx-1 6/22/12 10:06am $5.00 $318.75 Pending 6/22/12 2:45pm Soccer Euro 2012 +6375 Winner - Greece*

xxxxxxxxx-2 6/22/12 10:06am $5.00 $31.75 Pending 6/22/12 2:45pm Soccer Euro 2012 +635 To Reach Semi Final - Greece*

xxxxxxxxx-3 6/22/12 10:06am $5.00 $108.75 Pending 6/22/12 2:45pm Soccer Euro 2012 +2175 To Reach the Final - Greece*

Totals: $15.00 $459.25

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

small wager o gomez first goalscorer and germany win 3-0 for interest, it will be closer than that id say though, cant see greece scoring to be fair, uder 2.5 goals at 4/5 with paddy power aint bad bet either

why would he risk not putting out his best XI in the quarters of a major tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

spuddy90 wrote: »
    small wager o gomez first goalscorer and germany win 3-0 for interest, it will be closer than that id say though, cant see greece scoring to be fair, uder 2.5 goals at 4/5 with paddy power aint bad bet either

I thought Gomez was benched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

spuddy90 wrote: »

Gomez not starting so hope you didn't take that yet.

Very pissed off that Gomez not starting tonight:mad:

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Apparently no Gomez but Klose up front for Germany tonight.

(Source: www.vi.nl reliable dutch football website)
    Formation wrote: »
    why would he risk not putting out his best XI in the quarters of a major tournament?

Low thinks Klose/Ozil is a better tandem than Gomez/Ozil against defensive opponents

Rested Gomez could be Awesome Gomez (v England)

Also, just seen that the Klose Wincast is dropping hard. 2.80 down to 2.20 on PP. I think it was substantially higher yesterday when I check - cannot remember.

I want to back the Klose Wincast if he is in the IX, but I don't really want to back him on rumors he is in there. Pity I am losing the decent odds. :/

I have a quarter final accum of Portugal to win by exactly one goal, Germany to win, Spain to win and England to qualify for semi. Got 16/1

If you have posted this before I apologise. But if you haven't, and this comes in, I suggest posting a pic of said bet.
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    With it being a quarter final, would be very surprised if Gomez doesnt start unless hes picked up a knock.

Podolski and Muller likewise have been poor is the overall feeling in Germany.

Against Greece, they need someone who can lead the line and do more than just score goals. I know, I know, Gomez has scored 3. But Klose is the man for this and can still do a grand job, again referencing public opinion, the majority wanted Klose to be the no.1 striker in the Euros.

Schürrle has pace in abundance and is a creative link, likewise with Reus. Both are intelligence players who are also capable of scoring. They'll link well with Ozil and Klose.

The ref tonight Damir Skomina has averaged 5 cards per game in his 10 champions league/ international games.
    Over 50pts @6/5 looks a solid bet.
    Also small bet on a red card @13/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Also small bet on a red card @13/5.
    Like the look of that. Will follow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement