Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gutted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

if anyones idle heres a jobridge vacancy from fas...

Based in WATERFORD CITY Ref. INTE-674948 Description
    The intern will gain practical experience in working with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community supporting them to deliver on agreed actions. Work will involve administration skills; collation of relevant information and liaising on behalf of community with service providers and state agencies. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: group facilitation, strategic planning and event planning. On completion the intern will have attained skills in facilitating and coordinating community groups; event organising; administration and collation of information, databases etc. Liaising with local, regional and national agencies and organisations and strategic planning.

Skills Requirements
    The following skills are required: ability to understand issues relating to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community; to work in a team environment but also self motivated and able to work on own initiative. Strong interpersonal, communication, administration, organisational and IT skills are required.

Please Note:
    This is an Internship. An allowance of €50 per week will be paid in addition to your current Social Welfare payment.See eligibility criteria above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Has it really gotten bad back there? Reason I ask is I'm in Oz since last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

And then ye would be asking the question "where are businesses going to get money in the current economic climate to paint their premises?" Etc etc.

If it were my business i would see it as an investment rather than an annoyance..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

STIG83 wrote: »
    Has it really gotten bad back there? Reason I ask is I'm in Oz since last September.

It's not great in most parts of Europe, Ireland is bad, Waterford likewise. Oz depending on where you are is either suffering too or booming. At least it's not cold and wet most of the time in Oz. Simplistic as that sounds, as an Aussie living in Waterford I honestly believe that everything is better when the sun is shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True! I feel much brighter today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

STIG83 wrote: »

You make it sound like you've been gone for centuries. It's as bad now as it was when you left 200+ days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

What's really getting my goat is opening the journal nearly every day and seeing more jobs as there was again today for Dublin and Galway. Feck sake, when I was small, this city was bigger than there. The distribution of jobs which all seem to be going to dubcorgal is ridiculous and our representatives in the dail should be causing uproar about this rather than one of them for example spending their time on pointless daytime rte programmes reviewing movies and other crap. Get the finger out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Hijpo

wellboy76 wrote: »
    What's really getting my goat is opening the journal nearly every day and seeing more jobs as there was again today for Dublin and Galway. Feck sake, when I was small, this city was bigger than there. The distribution of jobs which all seem to be going to dubcorgal is ridiculous and our representatives in the dail should be causing uproar about this rather than one of them for example spending their time on pointless daytime rte programmes reviewing movies and other crap. Get the finger out

Yeah the job situation is what worries me the most, destroy the bridge and free up some jobs haha

Whats this story iv been hearin about some fellas dog getting stolen while he was walking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Hijpo wrote: »
    Yeah the job situation is what worries me the most, destroy the bridge and free up some jobs haha

Whats this story iv been hearin about some fellas dog getting stolen while he was walking it?

There's a fairly hilarious thread on here about it somewhere, just think of a real life version of the Father Ted episode where the whistle is stolen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

There's a fairly hilarious thread on here about it somewhere, just think of a real life version of the Father Ted episode where the whistle is stolen..

It's a lot more serious than you're treating it, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Only if you have a dog.
    For non-dog owners looking in, it's pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Only if you have a dog.
    For non-dog owners looking in, it's pretty funny.

The fact that someone has so much blatant disregard for another person and the law is scary and shows how bad things are and can get. Where they caught or anythin?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

The incident itself was serious maybe yeah, but the thread was hilarious.

Advertisement