Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm event - remote viewing

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi

I am in the process of upgrading old system with dialler to notify by txt of an alarm event. I was thinking that it would be ideal to be able to see the front of the house if notified of an activation. CCTV is not really an option due to cost. Has anyone ever used a webcam for this?I see things like "homewatcher" etc on the net , it would be only for occassional use.
    I have 24 hout wifi in house and smart phone to view. Any one who has this or is aware I would appreciate their view.

Many Thanks

Minder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

You could use an IP camera inside a window looking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Thanks for reply. Just wondered how do you remotely monitor this camera you mention? Do you have a link
    Thanks a lot
    Minder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I have used a Foscam IP camera for something like you want. Set the camera up wirelessly on your wifi. Go into your Router settings and open a port for the camera (this sounds more complicated than it actually is - its a 2 to 3-minute job when you know what you are doing!). Lots of (free and pay) apps out there that you can then use; put in your IP address, port no and look at what your camera is pointing at. PM me if you need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

thats great i will look into it ...and pm u for advice , ta again

minder

It seems to be exactly what i am looking for! Just checked on net!
    Can i ask where did you buy yours? in this country , what kind of money was it ..thks again ..much obliged

Advertisement