Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Roof Insulation

• 26-04-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi

I have a garage that I want to insulate. It is about 25' x 25 ' with slated pitched roof. The rafters are 7x2. There is no ceiling. there is the more modern membrane type felt, but I am not sure if its fully breathable.

What is the most cost effective to insulate this roof? It doesnt need to be of living standard. And I am not too concerned about the finish, ie I dont mind if the insulation is exposed.

There is so many different insulation products available, I am a bit confused as to what is suitable, and what is the cheapest way to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If your sure the Roof is Watertight and sound then it's down to personal choice as there all pretty much the same. Check the performance of each type of insulation and compare against cost. This should make the decision easy.
    You will need to provide a 2 inch air gap to prevent your roof timbers from rotting. The least work for you is to have it spray foamed by a contractor, or if you want to DIY it use Rockwool or Kingspan, etc there's plenty to choose from.

Advertisement