Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Au Pair

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

How do I go about looking for/vetting an au pair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

We've used www.aupair.com twice with great success.
    We take only girls from Slovakia because we want them to speak only Slovak with our child.
    We give them some other light chores to do, cleaning, ironing but not much really. They must get their own room and all expenses paid. We only pay for the flight if they stay for more than 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nini1990

Ok so I am a student with no summer job. I have decided to become an au pair for the summer. I got in contact with a nice family, three kids; they live in Madrid and want me to start straight away. But here is the catch, I have to pay for my own flights and they are going to pay me 75euro a week. Does that seem right, 75euro a week for three children and I have to work 10hours a day. That’s 50cent an hour per child.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No that is not right,the pay and payingmformyour own flightsmismfine but,you should not be working more then about 30 hours.
    Do a quick google and you will find the usual terms and conditions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 oisim

Does anyone have advice on getting an Au Pair? We are living in Athlone and don't know where to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

oisim wrote: »
    Does anyone have advice on getting an Au Pair? We are living in Athlone and don't know where to start!
    we found our au pair through this site.
    http://www.aupair-world.net/
    plenty of interviews if possible, try to work out the au-pair hours and how much your willing to pay. get references if possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement