Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I'm buying an xbox360...

Options
  • 26-04-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭

Im a PC gamer really but my PC is old and I can't afford to upgrade it properly so I'm buying a 360. Is the 4gb one enough or should I go for the bigger one? I can get the 4gb one for €162.99 online. Also, whats the online community like? I will be playing battlefield and other games online so you lot better not be a bunch of ****! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

4gb one is a bit crap. You would be better off getting one with a hard drive. There are loads on adverts.ie and gamestop sell them second hand. There is DLC for BF3 already with more on the way.

The community is a mixed bag just like the PC. You can favourite servers so its generally good. To be honest its very refreshing going from PC to console in the way that everything is standardised and most things just work. The friends, chat and party system on the xbox is better then any other system.

Don't let the controller put you off going from PC to xbox. It takes a bit of getting used to but in the end everyone is in the same boat. Its nice to be able to sit back with a controller and headset.

I much prefer console gaming now and I used to be a big fan of PC gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Whats the difference between and xbox 360 S and an xbox 360 elite?? Is 4gb really not enough? I won't be using it for movies or music just gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-360-slim-vs-elite/

Slim runs cooler, has built in WIFI and is more reliable. Its kinnect ready and draws less power. Usually can be found for same price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MadYaker wrote: »
    Whats the difference between and xbox 360 S and an xbox 360 elite?? Is 4gb really not enough? I won't be using it for movies or music just gaming.

Yes, 4gb really is not enough, trust me, you will thank me.....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I found that some games simply run better when installed onto the hard drive and the 4gb wouldn't really give you this option,
    Plus the dlc addons for games have to be stored on the hard drive so when a game like bf3 comes out with one of their 1.5gb addons, you need that extra bit of space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Nah, 4gb is simple not enough ya gotta get the 250gb in there with the s model... it's just better for everyone

much prefare it to pcs for gaming alrite

I have the 320gb S, handy if you like to install your games to the hard drive, which makes them load a tiny bit faster.

Well f*ck it anyway. Looks like this is going to be a lot more expensive than I thought. Maybe I will just upgrade my PC if I'm going to have to shell out €300 for a 250gb one plus games, xbox live subscription and another controller.

Anyone ever bought one second hand? Might be worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

There is good value in buying a 2nd hand one on Adverts.ie but you would have to make sure it is not banned from xbox live. Also you would be safe enough buying an Elite that has the Jasper chip-set (the last incarnation of the Elite) as these are the most reliable of the Elites and, arguably, even more reliable than the Slim. The only major downside for you,in this case,would be that you would have to get a separate wireless adapter.

Try pay as little as you can and try buy new as "it will" break. Also you need alot more then 4 gig.

• Advertisement

Ok, 250gb Slim with Battlefeild 3 for about €240 on amazon. Think ill go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ok, 250gb Slim with Battlefeild 3 for about €240 on amazon. Think ill go for it.

Be mad not to!

Although I'd play on pc just for this guy....his vids are hilarious.

(If you're wondering what he's up to he puts C4 on vehicles, drives them in to other vehicles, gets out and explodes them....There are better vids showing off how good he is.)

Id play on PC too but my PC just can't handle it and buying an xbox is cheaper and less hassle than improving my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Getting use to console controls after useing a mouse and keyboard will be your biggest trial, especially on a first person shooter...

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Getting use to console controls after useing a mouse and keyboard will be your biggest trial, especially on a first person shooter...

Yeah I know I'm going to suck so bad, I've been playing counter strike on the PC for years so I'm good with a mouse and keyboard but I played MW3 on my friends xbox a few days ago and I literally could not hit a thing. Even non moving enemies were a challenge.

The last console I owned was the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Harvey Norman have 250gb Xbox for 187 at moment. Or 254 with two new games nd exta controller....don't think you can beat that value

Link here

Advertisement