Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 reasons to not leave Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

Very very good list, well put together and a bit of a laugh to boot:

200 Reasons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No mention of fresh milk. First thing that hits me when I'm abroad is the taste of that UHT muck everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Isn't it great how people from justify the fact. :) very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

cursai wrote: »

Isn't it great how people from Dublin can type complete sentences!

Very capable. :pac::pac::pac:

Seriously though - nice list. Good to see a bit of positivity. Personally for all its faults I love Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

cursai wrote: »

Derp.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Seriously though - nice list. Good to see a bit of positivity. Personally for all its faults I love Dublin.

Totally agree. Only after I spent 6 months abroad did I see Dublin through fresh eyes and realised I love it. It's too easy to be prejudiced about your own city that you've been in since birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I love Dublin too. No where in the world I would rather live and I have lived in a few places throughout the world and travelled a good bit. One constant for me is Dublin is home. Dublin brings me a sense of belonging here. I love travelling but will always come back here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Only after I spent 6 months abroad did I see Dublin through fresh eyes and realised I love it. It's too easy to be prejudiced about your own city that you've been in since birth.
    This, a thousand times this. The more I travel, the more I love Dublin. Ill be home in November, stick me on a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭bb1234567

hahaha great article:) dublins sound pigeons,bully seagulls and sarcastic cheeky youths on bicycles:D ''jedward-they may be lunatics but there OUR lunatics.:PIm with the others who said this too that they only began to see how great dublin is until they travelled around abroad. It really is a great city, I lurvt it:D Anyway lets add to the list, keep it going.lets reach 500!

201-georgian architecture and merrion square
    202-shanahans
    203-arnotts
    204-dundrum shopping centre
    205-eddie rockets shake shops
    206-tart with the cart statue
    207-viking splash
    208-dublin ghostbus
    209-great theatres, gaeity/olympia/grand canal/abbey oh and christmas pantomines:D is that an irish thing or do they have pantos in other countries too?
    210-the end of the world scale chaos and complete citywide shutdown of everything when it gets cold and shnows a bit...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ahem,

Number 36 is based in Connemara. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

We're not claiming the Rubberbandits are we????.....Noooooooooo:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

The youtube video of those irritating, loud - mouthed, monkeys egging that other wan*stain into the liffey and Fair city !!, are not reasons to miss dublin at all. :mad:

Cool list though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I literally stopped reading at Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

About half of it is good, quarter of it would put me off Dublin and a quarter of it has nothing to do with Dublin (Rubberbandits? Father Ted? etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    hahaha great article:) dublins sound pigeons,bully seagulls and sarcastic cheeky youths on bicycles:D ''jedward-they may be lunatics but there OUR lunatics.:PIm with the others who said this too that they only began to see how great dublin is until they travelled around abroad. It really is a great city, I lurvt it:D Anyway lets add to the list, keep it going.lets reach 500!

201-georgian architecture and merrion square
    202-shanahans
    203-arnotts
    204-dundrum shopping centre
    205-eddie rockets shake shops
    206-tart with the cart statue
    207-viking splash
    208-dublin ghostbus
    209-great theatres, gaeity/olympia/grand canal/abbey oh and christmas pantomines:D is that an irish thing or do they have pantos in other countries too?
    210-the end of the world scale chaos and complete citywide shutdown of everything when it gets cold and shnows a bit...

208-dublin ghostbus:

which one, there are TWO companies running a ghost bus. I was on the one run by Dublin Bus - the Molly bus manufactured in 1972

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

211: Heroin.

Advertisement