Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB and UPC Voice with IP Phone (SIP)

• 26-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Switched to UPC from eircom recently.

I have a Cisco EPC3925 UPC router which is also providing a POTS port (I believe the voice is VoIP from the router to UPC, the Cisco 3925 acts as an ATA).

I also have a Cisco 7940 IP Phone (SIP) with blueface.ie, and outbound calls work fine. However, I cannot get inbound calls to work. I've put in the port forwarding for 5060/5061 to the phones IP address, but still no luck. Also, disabled the firewall etc etc.

Has anyone used an IP Phone with the UPC service when there's UPC voice in place alongside?

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Patrickof wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Cisco EPC3925 UPC router which is also providing a POTS port (I believe the voice is VoIP from the router to UPC, the Cisco 3925 acts as an ATA).

I also have a Cisco 7940 IP Phone (SIP) with blueface.ie, and outbound calls work fine. However, I cannot get inbound calls to work. I've put in the port forwarding for 5060/5061 to the phones IP address, but still no luck. Also, disabled the firewall etc etc.

Has anyone used an IP Phone with the UPC service when there's UPC voice in place alongside?

Patrick

Hi

I use UPC broadband and have UPC phone line active, conected to the UPC model I have a Draytek Vigor2910VG router with voip configure and can make and receive calls ok, so I think could be a configuration problem with your router, maybe try contacting Blueface on their forum as they can check the line and connection status and might be able to let you know what the problem is.

Have you tried doing a factory reset (if possible) on the Cisco 7940 IP Phone and try to configure it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Patrickof wrote: »
    Hi,

Patrick

UPC's phone service isn't SIP-based and the phone part of it is entirely separate to your broadband, from a networking point of view. It's perfectly workable to run VoIP in tandem with upc's phone offering without interference.

Sounds like your upc modem isn't forwarding the ports correctly - did you also forward the RTP ports range? Is there a DMZ setting on the upc modem where you can place your cisco phone (temporarily!) into for testing purposes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Great, at least I know now I can concentrate on the router as its separate to the UPC voice.

Yes, I did the DMZ but no joy and I also forwarded UDP 5060/5061 and 10000-20000 Both to the IP of the phone.

I'll keep tweaking it and see what I can do.

Thanks

Advertisement