Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 6 Year Old Arrested for Death Threats to Principal

• 26-04-2012 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Police in a small Indiana town took a six-year-old from his school and charged him with battery and intimidation after he kicked and threatened a principal, police said.
    The Indiana student, who had been suspended from school recently for biting and hitting a staff member, was arrested on April 18th at Hendricks Elementary School in Shelbyville, which is about 30 miles southeast of Indianapolis.
    "This was not an isolated incident," Shelbyville police lieutenant Michael Turner said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0426/breaking16.html

Lokks like another Columbine type massacre has been nipped in the bud!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's good that he learns that his actions have serious consequences. I doubt that they actually intend to send him to Sing Sing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Strike 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kylith wrote: »
    It's good that he learns that his actions have serious consequences. I doubt that they actually intend to send him to Sing Sing.

When he says "this is not an isolatd incident", does he mean this kid's done it before (in which case, get the kid help) or loads of kids are it...?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Lokks like another Columbine type massacre has been nipped in the bud!

Quite possibly. Wasn't there a case of a kid that age bringing a gun into school and accidentally shooting another pupil not long ago?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/22/10480055-8-year-old-girl-critically-wounded-in-washington-state-school-shooting

It's also possible the social services would have difficulty getting involved without a police report, so could be killing to birds with one stone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Typical Shelbyville behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

thank heavens they caught the sick bastard before anyone was hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Unless he had a gun this is stupid

child obviously needs medical/psychological help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The whole Comubine connection is ridiculous. If you thnk there's a connection, you know nothign about the original massacre or it's causes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Shelbyville of course
    You wouldn't see that going on in Springfield

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Shelbyville of course
    You wouldn't see that going on in Springfield

Isn't that near Tallaght...?

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

When he says "this is not an isolatd incident", does he mean this kid's done it before (in which case, get the kid help) or loads of kids are it...?!
    I'd say he kid's done it before. He may not need any more help than being shown that his behavior won't be tolerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭flutered

in a nearby national school a girl in fifth class was not getting on with her teacher, so in her words here is how she dealt with the situtation, i told the bitch that i would punch her then damage her car, now things are fine, how the hell is she going to get an education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hardly think that singing lessons are going to cure the little fecker.

I'd say he kid's done it before. He may not need any more help ham being shown that his behavior won't be tolerated.

Yeah, it's possible, but impossible to say without saying more.

The thing is, and most Western societies are crap at this, they aren't going to solve problems like this until the get to and accept the root casue of the porblem, whatever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Shelbyville indeed.

You wouldn't catch Nelson or Bart at that carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

You would never know with the yanks they will probably try him as an adult and give him life .

You would never know with the yanks they will probably try him as an adult and give him life .

Nah... the "death threats" is just an over-ehusiastic OP looking for attention. There's no mention of it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

davet82 wrote: »
    Unless he had a gun this is stupid

child obviously needs medical/psychological help

i dont buy this manby pamby BS - the kids obviously another ted bundy waiting to happy. scare the f'uck out of hime, maybe even lock him up with a biker gang for the night, see if he's so quick to threaten a teach again.

worked for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

prinz wrote: »
    Quite possibly. Wasn't there a case of a kid that age bringing a gun into school and accidentally shooting another pupil not long ago?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/22/10480055-8-year-old-girl-critically-wounded-in-washington-state-school-shooting

It's also possible the social services would have difficulty getting involved without a police report, so could be killing to birds with one stone..

no, that was the then vice president out huntin' :D:D

i dont buy this manby pamby BS - the kids obviously another ted bundy waiting to happy. scare the f'uck out of hime, maybe even lock him up with a biker gang for the night, see if he's so quick to threaten a teach again.

worked for me...

Are you saying that kids never need psychological help? Or what do you know abotu this case that we don't?

The problem with "namby pamby BS" is that, no matter what you ignorantly dismiss it, is that sometimes is it's EXACLTY what's needed.

But as I said, without knowing or accepting the root cause of the problem...

• Advertisement

worked for me...

maybe the child has been fiddled with, maybe some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain or maybe he is just an evil little bástard but i think he needed to be assessed medically/psychologically first before calling the cops on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Blah blah parents blah blah welfare blah blah jail blah blah in my day blah blah all fields here once blah blah evil blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

maybe the child has been fiddled with, maybe some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain or maybe he is just an evil little bástard but i think he needed to be assessed medically/psychologically first before calling the cops on him

The thing is, perhaps the parents refused to allow the kid be assessed and the only way to ensure the kid gets the appropriate care he needs is for a judge to order it be done, hence calling the cops on him. Sometimes calling the cops comes before the real help can be provided.

The thing is, perhaps the parents refused to allow the kid be assessed and the only way to ensure the kid gets the appropriate care he needs is for a judge to order it be done, hence calling the cops on him. Sometimes calling the cops comes before the real help can be provided.

thats a very good point, if so cool, if it just a case of teaching him a lesson and not going down the correct avenues imo then its stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Typical Shelbyville behaviour

Maybe thats why we beat them at football nearly half the time.

Are you saying that kids never need psychological help? Or what do you know abotu this case that we don't?

The problem with "namby pamby BS" is that, no matter what you ignorantly dismiss it, is that sometimes is it's EXACLTY what's needed.

But as I said, without knowing or accepting the root cause of the problem...

the part that indicates i wasn't being entirely serious is where i state 'it worked for me'...or maybe you guys think all bold six year old from offaly are locked up for a night with a biker gang :confused:...

however, in saying that, theres no indication either that he's got psycological problems - why do we always look at that as the first option? it could be a simple case of him being a bold little f'ucker that needs a good sharp shock as much as 'oh he's obviously a chemical imbalance'.

shagging kids gloves...it's a knuckle duster this kids needs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

From the article:
    Lieut Turner said he hoped the filing of juvenile charges would help get the child needed help. "Putting him into the system can open up avenues perhaps the parents don't have," Turner said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Nah... the "death threats" is just an over-ehusiastic OP looking for attention. There's no mention of it anywhere else.

Attention seeking????? Moi????

The front page of the Irish Times website mentions 'death threats'. It was also on a Fox News website so it must be true.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-shelbyville-boy-kicks-principal-shelbyville-boy-6-arrested-on-battery-charge-after-kicking-principal-20120425,0,5260842.column

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MungBean wrote: »
    Maybe thats why we beat them at football nearly half the time.
    I bet the little prick stole our lemon tree too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

mmmmmm, turnip juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

stovelid wrote: »
    Blah blah parents blah blah welfare blah blah jail blah blah in my day blah blah all fields here once blah blah evil blah blah

I totally disagree with that statement . I hate people who go easy on crime:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I'd say he kid's done it before. He may not need any more help than being shown that his behavior won't be tolerated.

by his parents

the part that indicates i wasn't being entirely serious is where i state 'it worked for me'...or maybe you guys think all bold six year old from offaly are locked up for a night with a biker gang :confused:...

however, in saying that, theres no indication either that he's got psycological problems - why do we always look at that as the first option? it could be a simple case of him being a bold little f'ucker that needs a good sharp shock as much as 'oh he's obviously a chemical imbalance'.

shagging kids gloves...it's a knuckle duster this kids needs :P

Fairy nuff, sometimes tircky to tell arond here!

Attention seeking????? Moi????

The front page of the Irish Times website mentions 'death threats'. It was also on a Fox News website so it must be true.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-shelbyville-boy-kicks-principal-shelbyville-boy-6-arrested-on-battery-charge-after-kicking-principal-20120425,0,5260842.column

Neither the Irish Times nor the page linked to carries the words "death threats". Possibly they've changed it since you startde the thread (definitey with Fox anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

The assistant principal led the student to a police car where an officer placed him in the back seat, buckled him in and drove him to the police department, the report said. He was not handcuffed.

The incident followed one earlier in April where police handcuffed a six-year-old girl who was screaming and crying and had injured a principal and damaged property at an elementary school in Milledgeville, Georgia. She was not charged.

Is there such a thing as handcuffs that would fit a 6 year old?

better to be safe than sorry?

i know your responce was a bit tongue 'n cheek :)

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as handcuffs that would fit a 6 year old?

That would be an ecumenical matter

Neither the Irish Times nor the page linked to carries the words "death threats". Possibly they've changed it since you startde the thread (definitey with Fox anyway).

from the link to Fox
    According to the police report, the school’s assistant principal, Jessica Poe, told police the boy had just returned to school from suspension for allegedly biting and hitting a staff member. Poe stated the boy kicked Principal Patrick Lumbley and threatened to kill Lumbley and Poe

There ya go.

better to be safe than sorry?

i know your responce was a bit tongue 'n cheek :)

up until a few decades ago you got a right good kicking for being a little s'hit - and the crime rate was lower, even in the states.

i think we've all gone a tad soft.

School officials called police, reporting that the student, who was not identified, had kicked Principal Patrick Lumbley and told him and Assistant Principal Jessica Poe that he was going to kill them, a Shelbyville police report said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

up until a few decades ago you got a right good kicking for being a little s'hit - and the crime rate was lower, even in the states.

i think we've all gone a tad soft.

Sorry but that's pure bollocks, have you ever looked at the crime statistics for Ireland? The murder rate in the 1870's was 3 times higher than it is today for example.

Look at Victorian England, some of the most draconian punishments known to man, still had an exceptionally high crime rate compared to today.

There's nothing big about knocking the **** out of children (which is what used to happen a few decades ago).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...without knowing or accepting the root cause of the problem...
    Bad philosophical foundation? Usually the only chance society gets to fix that is once somebody fuucks up/once they're an adult.
    Terrible state of affairs, to be sure to be sure.

Sorry but that's pure bollocks, have you ever looked at the crime statistics for Ireland? The murder rate in the 1870's was 3 times higher than it is today for example.

Look at Victorian England, some of the most draconian punishments known to man, still had an exceptionally high crime rate compared to today.

There's nothing big about knocking the **** out of children (which is what used to happen a few decades ago).

in 1950's ireland there was a nationwide manhunt for any mad hoor who stole a bicycle - that's all i'm saying.

1870's? bah, shure weren't the english over here with there heathen ways...and their duels and jousts and gentlemans honour and all that malarky.

grindle wrote: »
    Bad philosophical foundation? Usually the only chance society gets to fix that is once somebody fuucks up/once they're an adult.
    Terrible state of affairs, to be sure to be sure.

I see your point, but my point is after the event.

Columbine was the result of bullying.

The assumed problem? Kids bring guns to school - wrong. The responce? Metal detectors. Okay.... Did it work? No. Since then, bullying is just an endemic in US high schools and there have been more shootings and, to add, suicides.

With this kid, yes, there is a chance he just needs a bit discipline. There's also a chance of mental problems. There's also a chance he's beign abused in some way, possibly by adults, possibly by his peers. He could also be the next Columbine, but, philosphically, speaking, wouldn't you want to know NOW, and respond accrodginly, rather than wait ten years?

Faolchu wrote: »

by his parents
    Who, barring any mental issues with the just, are the ones who've enabled this behaviour. They need parenting classes of that's the case.

from the link to Fox

There ya go.

I think there's a little difference between saying "i'll kill you" and actually mkaign a death threat. There are "death threats" issued every night in Temple Bar!

Your point is taken, though.
    bluewolf wrote: »

Yours I'm not sure about...?

Advertisement