Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend good hostel in perth

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

heading perth in june looking for a good hostel to stay for a while till i get up on me feet any advice cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ocean Beach Backpackers.

Avoid: Underground, Billabong.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nedbroy

Beatty Lodge, very clean, nice international crowd & a pool.
    One of the few hostels with parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I've heard bad things about the Swan Barracks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neil turbo

Nedbroy wrote: »
    Beatty Lodge, very clean, nice international crowd & a pool.
    One of the few hostels with parking too.
    cheers for the advice beatty lodge seems like the best of the bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

The witchs hat in Northbridge, its pricey but worth it! Compared to all the hostels I've stayed in in Australia, its the best one so far, has a homely feel especially when you've only just arrived into Australia. Everyone there is very friendly and I've made a few good friends who I've kept in touch with after I moved on.

Its only a 10minute walk to city aswell but away from the noise of Aberdeen street where the clubs are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Ive heard YHA Perth City hostel on wellington street is good, it is in a good location to be close to all the city action, also v close to the underground if you want to head out of the city to the suburbs for a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dizzy232

Haaving the same trouble meself, im heading ovr at the end of may and still havn''t buked a hostel!!

Do ya reckon i should book 1 b4 i go r jus wing it wen i get ther??

All d hostels seem t have mixed reviews and its difcult tryna gt d rite 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dizzy232 wrote: »
    Haaving the same trouble meself, im heading ovr at the end of may and still havn''t buked a hostel!!

Mod Firstly welcome to boards. From now on can you please refrain from using TXT speak. It's very difficult to read

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smile it confuses people

dizzy232 wrote: »

Not sure the hostel my mate stayed in but he said it was just ok but it gets booked out very quickly so defineatly book for around 2-3 weeks before you go at least you can leave early if you like but your covered if you need to stay on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The Emperors Crown in Perth seemed like a nice place when I tried to book in there in Perth in 2010 but it was full. I unfortunately then booked into the Underground Backpackers and when we viewed the Billabong first it was so bad that my friend who is the type who'd sleep in wheelbarrow even declined it. It seems from reading up on trip advisor that things are still as bad/worse in the Underground Backpackers so avoiding that place would not be a bad idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement