Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specify Bill payment date

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi, what criteria do ESB use to decide when DD payments are taken? They seem to be slightly different eact time. Is it possible to specify a specific date i.e. ideally I'ld like it to be taken on the 25th every 2 months. Currently it seems to be near end of month or start of new month (ranging from 28th to the 5th).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Murta,

With a standard two-month bill, a specific date cannot be set automatically, but if you phone up each time to have the direct debit deferred to a particular date, this can be done.

Alternatively, we have the Equaliser system where a set amount is taken from the customer on a set date every month (rather than every two months). During warmer months the amount may be higher than the consumption but this "banks" credit for the colder/darker months.

Let us know if you would like any further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

Murta wrote: »
    Hi, what criteria do ESB use to decide when DD payments are taken? They seem to be slightly different eact time. Is it possible to specify a specific date i.e. ideally I'ld like it to be taken on the 25th every 2 months. Currently it seems to be near end of month or start of new month (ranging from 28th to the 5th).
    I agree Murta - this is a major major issue. Its SOOOO hard to plan for this bill especially during the winter months when these bills increase rapidly. The equaliser system seems great but there is quite an initial outlay so isn't worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Karlitob,

Another factor upon which billing depends, is when meter readings are scheduled by ESB Networks.

Customers can send in readings at certain times outside of the scheduled readings though, and make pre-payments on the account.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement