Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyu external filters anyone got any advice?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

I'm re-comissioning a Juwel 180 as a Cichlid tank and will be fitting the STR600 rock as a background, I've taken the built-in filter out and will be using an external filter instead.
    I have seen a local shop selling new Boyu external filters for 1/4 the price of an Eheim, but I'm not sure of what they are like performance wise.
    I know you get what you pay for but I don't think the Eheim are worth all that money either.
    Anyone with any experience to relate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Never heard that name before. I'm using a Tetra tec at the moment and it's almost silent, great filter. From what I have heard/learned is that with filters, you get what you pay for.

An Eheim will probably last you a life time where as a cheap filter might only last a few years. Another difference in the filters is the flow rate, most of the expensive filters will maintain their flow rate as the age while the others slack off a fair bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Eheim for the win here.:)

Great external filter and completely silent.

Buy an Eheim in directly from Germany and you will save alot of money.Thats what I did.

Advertisement