Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60,000 customers returned last year

Options
  • 26-04-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Is this figure gross or net of people who left?

Btw this is not a smart arsed question, just curious, if it's not available due to any reason then no worries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

funnyname wrote: »

Btw this is not a smart arsed question, just curious, if it's not available due to any reason then no worries.

Thanks funnyname,

I don't have exact figures on your query other than what is advertised, that 60,000 customers have returned.

If I receive further information I will update you.

Keep in touch on the Forum.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I'd love to know that as well.

If you dont have exact figures, approximate would be fine.

Just like "one lady driver" advertisements, it says nothing about the men drivers a car may have had.

Roughly how many customers have you lost last year. I think thats a fair question. I believe those ads on the radio are misleading, even if they are accurate in what they exactlysay. (not that its your fault):)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

We only went back to them a few weeks ago. Dont know why we left in the first place to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Must of Eircoms broadband customers i would hasten to guess would leave Eircom if offered a better broadband service (better speeds at the same price) I don't have any statistics in front of me to prove this, but i think its safe to assume the majority of Eircoms broadband customers live in rural locations around the country of Ireland.

The fact is though must of the DSL exchanges enabled around Ireland today are Eircom established. Other DSL providers besides Eircom rarely enable exchanges on their own and don't offer speeds anyway above and beyond what Eircom does.

Eircom standard highest speed package on offer for rural areas is 8MB (24MB only in certain rural areas) Show me were another provider is different to Eircom? The fact there isn't is why broadband in Ireland has become so stagnant.Naturally people will go from Eircom leave and return again. If there was actual competition out there, this would likely not be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

funnyname wrote: »

Gross. The net figure, which would be the honest figure to give, is negative as per the Eircom financial statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement