Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which graphics card?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

if you willing to spend so much on 580, then go for this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-scanfx-radeon-hd-7950-5000mhz-gddr5-28nm-gpu-800mhz-1792-cores-dual-link-dvi-i-hdmi-2x-mini-dp

around 380eu with delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Could get a 7950 for €370 these days. Although the 7870 isn't far off it in terms of performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

They're mid range cards are supposedly out in a few weeks,you could hold out and see what they have to offer,should be in the same price range.

andy85wsm wrote: »

you should abandon mind set of taking a side and just go with best deal out there. i myself got 2 PCs and one of them has gtx 680 and other one has 6870. Both great cards and i would recomend both, as they do great, what they do in their price bracket.

at this stage in mid range and high end ATI is running a circles around nvidia in value after price drop. the only reason why would you want to go 680 is if you want fastest thing ( sort of ) and price is not a factor.

• Advertisement

7950 overclocks like a boss, 3gb VRAM for future higher res monitors or 3 monitor setup. Support for eyefinity. Needs less power too.

Short answer - yes. Long answer - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Advertisement