Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Stuttgart?

Options
  • 26-04-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Hi am going to Stuttgart for 4-5 weeks with work in September, work is paying for the flights from Sydney to Germany but I fancy a few weekends with the family and friends.

Either Dublin or Belfast Airports suits, what is the best Airports routes and Airlines for a Friday night to Sunday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

in stuttgart you have a few options

Aer Lingus flies from Stuttgart to Dublin direct every other day, but including Friday and Sunday. You'd be needing a half day on the Friday but if you work up an hour a day over the rest of the week then you'll have no probs. Germans normally bugger off early on a friday anyhow.

From Frankfurt International you have way more flights to Dublin with Lufthansa and Aerlingus so its another option (i think 6 or so flights each way per day). Theres a train from stuttgart direct to the airport very regularily and it only takes just over an hour.

To Belfast you'd be looking at a connecting flight in Heathrow but to be honest flying to Dublin and gettin the hourly bus from Dublin airport would be as handy and probably more reliable and hassle free than dealing with the unpleasant chaos that is Heathrow

Oh, and ryanair flies from Memmingen or (frankfurt) Hahn which can be cheap but time and cost of getting the flights

So really, "the best" flights depend on when you can get off on a Friday evening because the later you work, the later you get into Ireland and the later you are with your folks - meaning Friday night could be a write off either for meeting mates or even just for chattin to the folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I'm on a 3rd party training course, not sure what time they will knocking off. I think my folks are going to travel to the fatherland on one the weekends so might make it the first and see how time goes.

Will have a look at Stuttgart and Frankfurt airport schedules, the folks live on the Cooley Peninsula so it's handy for them to nip down to Dublin and pick me up.

Cheers for your help.

Advertisement