Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egypt parliament debating law to legalise Necrophilia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

micropig wrote: »
    Is oral allowed?

Dead women can't suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dead women can't suck
    you could push on their chest to cause a vacuum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

smash wrote: »
    They should rent corpses to prisons for conjugal visits.
    I would imagine blow up dolls not to smell as much or decompose as fast .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Nodin wrote: »

Hai.

dude - that's some seriously impressive s'hit right there. you must lurk in your sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I'd ride her rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

xsiborg wrote: »
    rigor mortis sets in i'd imagine?
    Rigor mortis sets in after 3 to 4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

6 hours, enough time for a session then. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

dude - that's some seriously impressive s'hit right there. you must lurk in your sleep.

I am Nodin Bin Nodin Al Nodin, Buzzard Of The Desert. Where there is a branch to lurk on, I will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

They are prob just in denial (DeNile) about wifeys death!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Imagine the court case where the defendant rode her after the 6 hour limit..."dude, I swear, she totally looked 6 hours old!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

relax everyone, women do still have rights

- 'He also said that women have the right to have sex with her dead husband, alarabiya.net reported.'

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

davet82 wrote: »
    relax everyone, women do still have rights

- 'He also said that women have the right to have sex with her dead husband, alarabiya.net reported.'

:rolleyes:

He'd be good and stiff anyhow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm more concerned about females losing the right to education.
    Thats real style Taliban tactics right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jaysus, it can be hard enough to do it sometimes when they are half willing:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It's a fucking disgrace. Why do they have to be married? Where is the equality in this? Anyone who is co-habiting, and I include the gays, should have the right to perform sexual actions upon their significant dead other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

biko wrote: »
    No point whipping a dead wife for adultery.

Isn't the punishment for adultery to be buried alive?
    This could actually work out quite well...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

My wife has been playing dead everytime I want sex for years so it wouldn't make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I take it for the majority of situations, the "couple" would be in their later years? sure old people don't have sex do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

These laws arent being debated in the Egypt at all. It was a rumour started by a man called Tawfik Okasha who hates the Revolution in Egypt and the Islamist Party. Of course a paper like the Daily mail printed it and then others followed not bothering to check facts.

These laws arent being debated in the Egypt at all. It was a rumour started by a man called Tawfik Okasha who hates the Revolution in Egypt and the Islamist Party. Of course a paper like the Daily mail printed it and then others followed not bothering to check facts.

It's been widely reported by a number of sources. Can you provide a link that shows that Tawfiq Okasha actually did this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's been widely reported by a number of sources. Can you provide a link that shows that Tawfiq Okasha actually did this?

Found this..

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/necrophilia-law-is-rumor-ya-people.html

Okasha seems like quite the character anyway. He owns his on TV network and he's going for president in Egypt apparently. He also allegedly thinks..
    Not all the Jews in the world are evil. You may ask: Tawfiq, what is the ratio? The ratio is 60-40. Sixty percent are evil to varying degrees, all the way to a level that words cannot describe, while 40% are not evil. They, however, are divided into three categories: One group consists of the non-evil, another group consists of the non-evil to a lesser degree, and the third group consists of the non-evil to an even lesser degree.

:pac:
    http://www.anorak.co.uk/303549/politicians/egyptian-presidential-candidate-tawfiq-okasha-only-60-of-jews-are-evil.html/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Anything can be widely reported without being remotely true. One media source makes a claim, all other sources use that and each other as their source.

None of the number of sources that are widely reporting this, the Daily Mail et el, seem to be quoting Egyptian politicians. Surely if this law is being forwarded in parliament there must be some record somewhere of one of them suggesting it. It may have been suggested but by who and is it being legitimately considered? As far as I'm aware Egyptian parliament is televised live in Egypt... where are the quotes? Where's the video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It looks like the original English language source is the Daily Mail.

Excuse me if I wait for something slightly more reputable to confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

If this is not a wind up and they pass this law . Then the sick fcuker that came up with it needs some serious treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

i dunno.

sometimes i can't help feeling the Daily Mail is nothing but a mouthpiece for the far right/ right.

just a feeling mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Duiske wrote: »
    Gives new meaning to settling down in front of the box and opening a cold one.

gold! fook me that was good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What happens if a husband has sexy time with his dead missus, and he gets her pregnant? Will the baby be a zombie?

strobe wrote: »
    Anything can be widely reported without being remotely true. One media source makes a claim, all other sources use that and each other as their source.

None of the number of sources that are widely reporting this, the Daily Mail et el, seem to be quoting Egyptian politicians. Surely if this law is being forwarded in parliament there must be some record somewhere of one of them suggesting it. It may have been suggested but by who and is it being legitimately considered? As far as I'm aware Egyptian parliament is televised live in Egypt... where are the quotes? Where's the video?

I'll give you that but all one has to do is use the google machine for a bit and do a little leg work to get to the truth these days. I think it doesn't look good that no politicians are quoted but I can't find any direct evidence that invalidates the story; I"m skeptical too - just not as willing to immediately discredit the story because the Daily Mail is reporting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

It'll be over my dead body if I allow anything like this happen!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'll give you that but all one has to do is use the google machine for a bit and do a little leg work to get to the truth these days. I think it doesn't look good that no politicians are quoted but I can't find any direct evidence that invalidates the story; I"m skeptical too - just not as willing to immediately discredit the story because the Daily Mail is reporting on it.

Oh I'm not immediately writing the story off as discredited. But it's up to the people making the claim (in this case the media sources reporting it) to provide something... anything... to substantiate it. So far nothing. I mean you or me will struggle to confirm it with an Egyptian politician or trustworthy source, they won't take our calls... but the Huffington Post, the Daily Mail, the Telegraph... surely with all their resources and contacts they should be able to reach someone for a comment, to contact some Egyptian TV company and request footage or dictation from parliment. But nothing whatsoever? Sure run the story in anyway, it's internet hit gold! It's awful journalism at this point in time so far. Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thethingis

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies who would do the chasing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

prinz wrote: »
    Okasha seems like quite the character anyway. He owns his on TV network and he's going for president in Egypt apparently. He also allegedly thinks..
    Not all the Jews in the world are evil. You may ask: Tawfiq, what is the ratio? The ratio is 60-40. Sixty percent are evil to varying degrees, all the way to a level that words cannot describe, while 40% are not evil. They, however, are divided into three categories: One group consists of the non-evil, another group consists of the non-evil to a lesser degree, and the third group consists of the non-evil to an even lesser degree.
    :pac:

What about the ones that are a little too evil to be non-evil to the second degree but not quite third degree evil? So many questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

So, apparently in Egypt they would like to introduce a new law which would make it legal to have sex with your spouse for up to 6 hours after thier death.

It will be called "the Farewell Intercourse Law". Brings a whole new dimension to the term "a goodbye shag."
    In the wake of the historic enlightenment dubbed by the Western press as "The Arab Spring," the Egyptian parliament is slated to vote on the 'Farewell Intercourse Law.'
    According to the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya news service, the Egyptian legislature will decide if it will permit:
    "a husband to have sex with his dead wife within the six hours following her death."
    The controversial topic came to light when Moroccan cleric Sheikh Abdul Bari Zamzami, Head of the International Union of Muslim Scholars, first spoke of the issue in May, 2011.

Presumably in favor of equal rights for necrophiliacs, Zamzami also stated:
    "marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband."
    On The Docket...

The parliament will also vote to lower the minimum legal age for marriage for girls in Egypt to 14-years-old.

As previously covered by Examiner.com, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia recently authorized girls as young as 10 to be "ready to perform all marital duties."

Egypt's Rise Of Fundamentalist And Militant Islam...

According to the Congressional Research Service, the Muslim Brotherhood's political arm in Egypt, the Freedom and Justice Party won 235 of the 498 seats (47%) in Egypt’s new People’s Assembly.

The fundamentalist Islamist Alliance won another 125 seats (25% of the assembly).

What do ye think? Would you like to see this law implemented over here? Tbh I forsee many problems with enforcing this law. For example, how can a spouse accurately determine a time of death? If you wake up to see your beloved has popped thier clogs (or sandals I suppose in Egypt) do you take the risk that they didn't pass on straight after their head hit the pillow?

I'm assuming the idea behind the 6 hour time limit is because after that time rigor mortis will be setting in and you could get stuck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Thread on it yesterday (here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

when this thread gets locked can I still ride it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with yesterday's thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Confab wrote: »
    Too late.

True, it's well after six hours since the last thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Sorry, didn't see yesterdays thread. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

What do ye think? Would you like to see this law implemented over here? Tbh I forsee many problems with enforcing this law. For example, how can a spouse accurately determine a time of death? If you wake up to see your beloved has popped thier clogs (or sandals I suppose in Egypt) do you take the risk that they didn't pass on straight after their head hit the pillow?

This is the biggest problem I see with it too. Maybe they'll run training courses on how to determine?

:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

so ya could bring your dead wife to an orgy, its not like she can object?

davet82 wrote: »
    so ya could bring your dead wife to an orgy, its not like she can object?

Once it's within the time limit, I presume it's ok:D

I don't think she'd be the live & soul of the party though:pac:

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/25/210198.html

So, according to alarabiya, the head of the National Council for Women in Egypt has directly communicated with the speaker of the Egyptian assembly with regards to these apparent laws. If this story is nonsense, as many are claiming, then why on earth would she do this? Political / feminist agendas are one thing but making yourself look a complete idiot is quite another.

This article, from the Christian Science Monitor, seems to be representative of the skeptical side. It has the appearance of a valid argument but unfortunately makes a lot of assertions that are either not fully based in fact, or are actually irrelevant to the issue at hand.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2012/0426/Egypt-necrophilia-law-Hooey-utter-hooey

Like I said earlier, I'm skeptical about this too - frankly, I find it difficult to swallow. The issue is not made any clearer with outlets like the Telegraph simply parroting from other sources. The Daily Mail have updated their story saying that there are rumours coming from Egypt that the story was a plot by Egyptian journalists loyal to Mubarak. Additionally, they say they've contacted the Egyptian Embassy and Consulate in London and are awaiting a reply. The skepticism seems to be spreading with a number of outlets now choosing the safter route of reporting on the Daily Mail, rather than the story itself.
    Reuter's (U.S.) have claimed the story is true, incidentally... let's hope it's not.

this guy seems like a reliable source
    A blog by an ordinary guy who is trying to argue against the world going straight to hell

Egyptian Islamist Parliament Priorities: Pedophilia, Necrophilia and Misogyny

The worst part about that title is I am not even using hyperbole. Check this out from the Daily Mail:

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives - for up to six hours after their death.

The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I don't know what's funnier, that people actually say "hooey utter hooey", the wall-eyed welcoming woman asking me if I can pass a US citizenship test in that link, or this story from the Daily Fail. I mean come on, nobody could take this seriously. Yes the Swedes have legal bestiality but necrophilia?

I am sceptical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What if the Husband dies first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

xzanti wrote: »
    What if the Husband dies first?

She will have to wait a few hours for him to get hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

prinz wrote: »
    If someone else has sex with the corpse does that mean they'll get charged with rape? Will the corpse be accused of adultery?

The corpse will be stoned to death for adultry I should expect ;)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The corpse will be stoned to death for adultry I should expect ;)

Is cannabis even legal over there? anyway a corpse wouldn't be able to inhale:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The corpse would have that problem too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement