Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamsters held to ransom...

• 26-04-2012 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/scorned-lover-feeds-his-girlfriends-hamster-to-a-dog-3092762.html

A MAN hurled his girlfriend's hamster against the wall then stamped it to death before feeding it to his dog - because she dumped him, this was after he demanded a £20 ransom which she refused, after he showed he was serious by killing the first one, he reduced the ransom to £5 pounds

I love mature break ups, article worth the read for the crazyness

Anyone else got some good/crazy breakup stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what a prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

what a fcuking prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I read this story earlier this morning ,she obiously picked the **** of her heel when she met this guy .Maybe somebody will accidently stamp all over him in prison .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

What a muthafucking prick?.

What an utter wanksplash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

FatherLen wrote: »
    what a prick!

To be honest, I think that kind of mental instability goes beyond just being a prick.

If he called her fat or said she was crap in bed, then my reaction would be "What a prick".

Holding her hamster hostage, then killing it, then feeding it to his dog, my reaction is "What a disturbed, nasty individual"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

At least he didn't kill it Richard Gere style (allegedley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mr Jones added: "As she left O'Brien said to her 'I would have cut the hamster's throat and made you watch me, I hope you and your daughter go in the same coffin."
    Something tells me that her ending the relationship was for the best..

Psychopathic scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Gee Bag wrote: »

what did oul richard do? (allegedly) :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

How did this end up in a court? She says he killed her hamster deliberately. Why didn't he just deny this? There was no other evidence as the dead hamster was already in the dog.

He's obviously an arsehole and she was having a baby for someone else. The animals involved were innocent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

People like him give the human race a bad name! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

davet82 wrote: »
    what did oul richard do? (allegedly) :confused:

colin farrell (allegedly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why did he reduce the ransom after killing one? So if he killed the second it would drop to a £1.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I wonder did he cook it before he fed it to the dog????

K-9 wrote: »
    Why did he reduce the ransom after killing one? So if he killed the second it would drop to a £1.

who knows how a nutjobs mind works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

What an as*hole.
    Just don't understand how £5 was going to stop him being evicted. Typical control freak behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

He was a bigger rodent than the hamster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Poor little guy
    /Calls for a moment of silence on this thread for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I've got ham.. but I'm not a hamster.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    To be honest, I think that kind of mental instability goes beyond just being a prick.

If he called her fat or said she was crap in bed, then my reaction would be "What a prick".

Holding her hamster hostage, then killing it, then feeding it to his dog, my reaction is "What a disturbed, nasty individual"

yeah good point. but can we acknowledge that he is also a prick.

sweet mary mother devine :eek: i googled it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

This is the real sick part of the story.
    But he walked free from court after magistrates in Stevenage sentenced him to a suspended sentence of six months behind bars after pleading guilty to the act of cruelty dubbed by a magistrate as "uncontrollable rage".

Uncontrolled my hole, he demanded money before he did it.

Scum: Sorry judge I killed him but I was very angry because she wouldnt give me 20 quid

Judge: Oh well in that case your free to go, no point in locking you up if it was all down to your uncontrollable rage which came about when someone refused to pay to stop you committing such a horrible act.

Boggles the mind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Latchy wrote: »
    I read this story earlier this morning ,she obiously picked the **** of her heel when she met this guy .Maybe somebody will accidently stamp all over him in prison .
    read it again,

suspended sentence.

guilty plea means he doesn't have to do 24 weeks instead of not doing 26 weeks.

substance abuse , drink and drugs
    O'Brien attended court flanked by friends and his new girlfriends, more than once he appeared to smirk in the dock and one of his friends was ejected from court for laughing out loud.
    "I sentence to 24 weeks in prison, this would have been 26 had it not been for your late guilty plea. This sentence will be suspended for two years."

Mr Wulwick also insisted that O'Brien carry out 140 hours of unpaid community service attend an offenders substance abuse programme and pay £375 towards the cost of the case.

pictures
    http://www.thecomet.net/news/stevenage_hamster_killer_avoids_jail_1_1359887

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

davet82 wrote: »
    sweet mary mother devine :eek: i googled it :(

Are you going to try it??? :D

he looks like a stand up chap

Are you going to try it??? :D

i love animals but thats just going too far ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

O'Brien :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What a lovely individual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

He must be Somali pirate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:(

Just read another story earlier about some asshole ex boyfriend who cut his girlfriend's horses leg as "revenge"
    Some real pr1cks out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Our thoughts at time are with the hampster & his family.
    Log on to xhamster.com for a moving tribute to happier times.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

He looks the part anyway. Proud to be a scumbag. The worst kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

What an utter c*nt.

Poor Dave.

• Advertisement

I really don't understand the point of mindless animal cruelty, it maybe only a hamster but an animal capable of suffering, just like us.

I am not a card carrying member of animal rights but I don't believe in unnecessary animal cruelty like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

On an aside, that Independent article is possibly one of the most poorly written pieces I've read in a long time. My 7 year old could do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

how can these psychopathic p/ricks find relationships is beyond me...

I'm relatively normal (I swear) and very dateless at the mo :(

El Weirdo wrote: »
    On an aside, that Independent article is possibly one of the most poorly written pieces I've read in a long time. My 7 year old could do better.

That is because the Sindo hires 6 year olds.

I don't think they employ an editor anymore, well Denis may save it:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I think she is a lucky girl to get away from him, it could have been her he was feeding to the dog. Its really hard to believe that there are such sick people out there and what they are capable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

She named the hamster Dave and her daughter Honesty. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Ummm - people routinely feed animals to other animals. People also routinely eat animals.

That requires killing animals.

This guy said, 'Hey - if you want me to deal with the hassle of delivering your pet or seeing you again when you pick it up - I want 20 pounds. Otherwise, I'm going to do a perfectly reasonable thing and treat an animal as food.

You know, like a Chicken or a cow or a pig....or any of the countless animals people regularly consume.

Before everyone got their food from the store - people would *kill* their own animals. My Grandmother would go outside, find a chicken, swing it over her head to snap it's neck and the deal with the cleaning and prep work.

And that was considered normal.

Why is everyone upset because some guy killed a hamster and feed it to his animal? People regularly feed *live* animals to other animals - like mice to snakes; and again, perfectly acceptable.

Oh, wait - this was a *cute* hamster? OMG!!!!!! RAGE MODE ACTIVATED!!!!!!

// Brb - going to cook up some beef for dinner.
    /// Add feed my dog
    //// With the dog food I purchased from the store
    ///// Which also contains other animal meet
    ////// Circle of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Robdude wrote: »
    Ummm - people routinely feed animals to other animals. People also routinely eat animals.

This guy said, 'Hey - if you want me to deal with the hassle of delivering your pet or seeing you again when you pick it up - I want 20 pounds. Otherwise, I'm going to do a perfectly reasonable thing and treat an animal as food.

You know, like a Chicken or a cow or a pig....or any of the countless animals people regularly consume.

Before everyone got their food from the store - people would *kill* their own animals. My Grandmother would go outside, find a chicken, swing it over her head to snap it's neck and the deal with the cleaning and prep work.

Why is everyone upset because some guy killed a hamster and feed it to his animal? People regularly feed *live* animals to other animals - like mice to snakes; and again, perfectly acceptable.

/// Add feed my dog
    ////// Circle of life

The hamster was her pet. As if you actually need that explained to you.

Robdude wrote: »

/// Add feed my dog
    ////// Circle of life

where you not hugged as a child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Or feed it to Freddie Starr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

syklops wrote: »

He should be institutionalised indefinitely then. He's clearly a danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

token101 wrote: »
    He should be institutionalised indefinitely then. He's clearly a danger.

To the hamster world :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Because the hamster was her pet. As if you actually need that explained to you.

Then why was it at his place?

And why is he expected to take care of her pet, after they've broken up, without being compensated?

I have a dog. It's a real pain in the ass to pay for my dog. If I want to leave it somewhere, I have to pay a kennel. These things aren't free. I'm not a d-bag though, so if someone does take care of my pet, I realize that they are entitled to compensation for it.

I also realize that people kill animals. And that's totally acceptable (for certain types of animals, and certain types of killing). Shelters (at least where I am from) will kill animals they can't find homes for because there are simply too many of them. If I don't take care of my pet, I'm putting my pet's life in danger.

A rodent is both pet food and a pet. If she cared about her pet she should have....

1.) Not left it with someone who had no affiliation with her anymore.
    2.) Should have paid a reasonable fee to collect her pet from someone who had been pet sitting for her.

The article tries to spin it like he was desperate and facing eviction. Does anyone think 20 pounds is going to prevent his eviction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

LollieB wrote: »
    how can these psychopathic p/ricks find relationships is beyond me...

I'm relatively normal (I swear) and very dateless at the mo :(

You're not a bad boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Was yer man from hamsterdam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement