Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT104 Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Agency

Options
  • 26-04-2012 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am wondering does anyone know what sort of job I can get after this course? Obviously a real estate agent would be the common answer but i'm wondering is there other jobs I could get. Also, does anyone know a real estate agents salary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

irishsatch wrote: »
    I am wondering does anyone know what sort of job I can get after this course? Obviously a real estate agent would be the common answer but i'm wondering is there other jobs I could get. Also, does anyone know a real estate agents salary?

DT104 is a broad course in terms of the modules that you cover the three years. The course can act as stepping stone towards careers in the Built Environment such as planning, quantitiy surveying etc. Generally speakin the main source of employment from this course is property related such as an estate agent or letting agent.

The course also acts a stepping stone towards a level 8 qualification. The availability of courses outside of the Built Enivironment maybe limited however you may get excemptions from some modules in the likes of business as economics is prevalent throughout the course.

In terms of salary, its a hard question to answer as it varies depending on the company you intend working for, I would speculate and say that if you were €20,000 a year you'd be doing very well.

HTH
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

The jobs market is tough and alot of places are commission based.
    But I'm sure you know that, I did the course a few years ago and ended up being a BER assessor and am currently engineering. You never know where you'll end up really but it is a decent course to get a taste of business and property.
    It will highly depend on your personal motivations and preferences where you end up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Im Currently doing this course heading into 2nd year..
    What i can tell you is alot of it seems to be on Valuations, valuing properties commercial and residential. So far in first year we haven't covered anything on Auctioneering or much about real estate, although that's all bundled into the modules.

The jobs aspect of it are either, work in an Estate agents, could be recruited by NAMA for valuing, or use it as a stepping stone to a level 8 although i have been told the new course is a 4 year level 8, could still be a level7

Advertisement