Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords

Options
  • 26-04-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I bought a subwoofer 7 weeks ago, it was faulty from day one out of the box. I brought it back and they gave me a new one with little hassle. Fast forward 7 weeks and the second one stops working with normal use. Long story short;

"Sorry its over 28 days old and we can't send it back but if we did, they would just tell us its your fault, I cant give you a new one or a refund. I'll give ya 15% off a new one". (Cheapest one is 150 :rolleyes:).

I don't really care too much about the item as it's a relatively low cost purchase (50 euro) it just bugs me to think that they can get away with this. Am I correct in thinking that's pretty poor wrong of them?

I usually stay away from them so I'm not too suprised to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On the face of it they are required to repair, replace or refund the unit as 7 weeks of use isn't acceptable.

The problem here is that unless it comes as an all-in-one plugin module or your are otherwise qualified to install the piece of equipment, then it's your word against theirs. They could reasonably argue that you damaged it when you installed it.

I would probably continue pushing the issue. Forget about the monkeys, speak directly to a manager.

Advertisement