Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux laptop advice .... again

• 26-04-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

The number of places selling laptops without system or with linux is growing, so I thought I won't have any problem finding my next laptop, but....

I need a fast CPU (i.e. i7-2670QM or better), wifi n, bluetooth 3.0 (must-have!), no need for cd/dvd and a 15" screen with an intel graphic card.
    My problem is that I don't want nvidia and that seems to be the most common choice for hi-spec cpu. Some of them come with radeons, but again I'd prefer intel.

Even places that let you configure a laptop doesn't like hi-spec CPU + intel combination.

Any advice what laptop has a hi-spec CPU + intel graphics card? Or a good explanation why I should go for radeon?

I found this: ASUS X53SK-SX080, [1] but i'st e/w radeon 7610M

[1] http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/734406
    Tagged:

Advertisement