Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difference between Quinn Essential and Essential choice

Options
  • 26-04-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is there much difference in cover. I was on the HIA website and the cover nearly seems identical. When it says covered: yes shortfall of 55 per night does that mean you have to pay 55euro per night towards the bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

That's right. So whatever the hospital bill is, you pay €55 per night, and Quinn pays the balance.

I think that changes every year though, so it's always good to check with your insurer before being admitted to hospital.

As for the rest of the cover, Essential offers better maternity, but that may not be a consideration for you.

Also, Essential gives better partial cover in High Tech hospitals; Essential Choice gives no cover, bar certain types of major heart surgeries. But if those types of hospitals were important to you, then I'd be suggesting you'd go for a higher level of cover anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

Thanks a million for your reply, I just noticed they have a plan called company health which seems to offer better cover. Do you know if this has to be done through a workplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Under Open enrolment anyone can join it. All the insurers have plans they market to company schemes, but anyone can join. As with any plan, just go through the benefits to make sure they're what you want.

Advertisement