Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cabbage on windows mobile

Options
  • 26-04-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Will cabbage run on windows mobile 7.5 (HTC titan)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

snaps wrote: »
    Will cabbage run on windows mobile 7.5 (HTC titan)?

Yeah and its Windows Phone 7.5 :) Windows Mobile was an old completely different OS. Its not actually cabbage but it runs of the same server I think

Three apps available as far as I know

Noelle - my personal favourite :)

Webtextr - only one that supports O2 apparently

Sendu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Yeah and its Windows Phone 7.5 :) Windows Mobile was an old completely different OS. Its not actually cabbage but it runs of the same server I think

Three apps available as far as I know

Noelle - my personal favourite :)

Webtextr - only one that supports O2 apparently

Sendu

O2 UK unfortunately. O2 Irl doesn't work. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks guys, most helpfull, so the java cabbage download should work on windows phone 7.5!!!!

snaps wrote: »
    thanks guys, most helpfull, so the java cabbage download should work on windows phone 7.5!!!!

Its not java. You download the applications from the marketplace. The links I included in the names are links to the marketplace. You can download stuff through your phones marketplace or send them to your phone via the browser too. You don't need download anything from a website. Its all in the marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Op if your with 3 Noelle doesn't work. Best one IMO is Webtextr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I'm with Vodafone, using the webtextr now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

So is there any web text app that works with o2?
    Webtextr doesn't work for me.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    So is there any web text app that works with o2?
    Webtextr doesn't work for me.

Nop. O2 is blocking it...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

(Author Of Sendu)

As all three apps use Cabbage Servers in one form or another it may be the case that O2 never works. Even changing servers does not work as O2 block it as soon as they catch on its an app.

I'm surprised to here Noelle does not work with 3. It is based on Sendu's Source Code which does work. I will mail the author with a heads up and let him know.

As for Java, nope, the apps are completely self contained and since they call a server for all the hard work end up being quite cheap to use. I know originally webtextr processed the message in app, which is quite expensive but my understanding is that this has changed since.

Advertisement