Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No overnight parking at Disneyland Paris?

• 26-04-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi

Emailed Disneyland Paris earlier querying facilities and have just been told that it's not possible to park motorhomes "for safety reasons"!

Anyone been recently and know if this is the case as it seems to be at odds with what I've read online. Only want to spend a day or 2 in Disneyland as don't have much time so don't think we'll bother if we can't camp at the park.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Maybe they were confused between general parking and the aire de service ?

A guy on a French website stayed there this month ( the 24th ) and wasn't a happy puppy with the price

"to spend a day, see the evening show, and sleep in the parking lot is reserved for C.Cars saying it would cost 90 euros! .... a real racket ... "

http://www.airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/1927-Eurodisney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

T650 wrote: »
    Maybe they were confused between general parking and the aire de service ?

A guy on a French website stayed there this month ( the 24th ) and wasn't a happy puppy with the price

"to spend a day, see the evening show, and sleep in the parking lot is reserved for C.Cars saying it would cost 90 euros! .... a real racket ... "

http://www.airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/1927-Eurodisney

Thanks.

Yes it would seem from Tripadvisor that the Disney staff may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

T650 wrote: »

http://www.airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/1927-Eurodisney[/QUOTE]

In all fairness everything about Disneyleand Paris is a real racket.....but while you are there it just seems to make perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

In Europe though it is nice to see attractions with their own aire or campsite - we have used the aire at Futuroscope and at Legoland Deutchland. Very convenient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Hi

Emailed Disneyland Paris earlier querying facilities and have just been told that it's not possible to park motorhomes "for safety reasons"!

Anyone been recently and know if this is the case as it seems to be at odds with what I've read online. Only want to spend a day or 2 in Disneyland as don't have much time so don't think we'll bother if we can't camp at the park.

Thanks.

We stayed last year (today in fact ), the tickets we bought for Disney were annual ones from a discount site, I have posted about this before but if you cant find it let me know, The tickets were about 110 each and under 5s free I think. THis also came with free parking although we were never asked for proof for parking. When you get in they direct you to the campervan parking, there is no electricty hook up but there are shower facilities etc which are mainly for truckers I think. Anyway we staye there for about 3 nights, it was quite empty at this time of the year and it was midweek but enough for a bit of craic. OUr kids had great fun on their bikes. skateboards etc all around the carpark. Do any shopping you need before you go in as there is nothing in there really. There is a garage about a mile away ?? for bread etc. We spent very little as we brought our own picnics etc and we came in and out as we felt like, it is about a mile altogether into the park. You can cycle up too.

I dont know if it has changed but this was just last year. If you want any more info pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Just to let you know that I managed to speak to someone in Parking, who confirmed that motorhomes can park overnight for €30 per night.

I then got a second response to my original email confirming that motorhomes were definitely NOT allowed.

Confused as ever but reckon we'll chance it and if there's any hassle will have a plan B. Less than 2 weeks to go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Just to let you know that I managed to speak to someone in Parking, who confirmed that motorhomes can park overnight for €30 per night.

I then got a second response to my original email confirming that motorhomes were definitely NOT allowed.

Confused as ever but reckon we'll chance it and if there's any hassle will have a plan B. Less than 2 weeks to go now.

Recent post over here with some tips on the subject:
    http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/a-class-motorhomes/8082-disneyland-paris.html#post71768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

moodrater wrote: »

Recent post over here with some tips on the subject:
    http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/a-class-motorhomes/8082-disneyland-paris.html#post71768

Make sure that you don't arrive after the park closing/admittance time as you will not be able to get into the car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

If you arrive late in the evening just park on the right hand side of the road before the pay booths and go in next morning there is always a few campers doing that every day it is very safe the place is covered by CCTV and security is everywhere remember if you stay there or go into Paris for more than 3 days it is cheaper to get a yearly pass then parking is free just walk down to the gates to get your first nights fee back and bring ear plugs for those sweepers at night they are like a scene from wally back and forth for about an hour by your motorhome there is also large shopping centre / supermarket first stop from the train station or you can walk or cycle there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

irishrver wrote: »
    If you arrive late in the evening just park on the right hand side of the road before the pay booths and go in next morning there is always a few campers doing that every day it is very safe the place is covered by CCTV and security is everywhere remember if you stay there or go into Paris for more than 3 days it is cheaper to get a yearly pass then parking is free just walk down to the gates to get your first nights fee back and bring ear plugs for those sweepers at night they are like a scene from wally back and forth for about an hour by your motorhome there is also large shopping centre / supermarket first stop from the train station or you can walk or cycle there

I never heard the sweepers but I would recommend not parking near the moving walkways that go across the car park to the entrance of the park as the Disney music starts blaring quite early in the morning.

If you do arrive after the closing of the entrance you can actually drive in the exit of the car park when it gets quiet as there are no barriers on the way out!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement