Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Back To Eircom

Options
  • 26-04-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    We are currently in the process of switching back to Eircom.
    We received a letter in the post yesterday stating that it is all in the process of changing back.
    The letter outlined the package we were on :
    Standard line rental
    Talk Time package

It also states on the letter that if the above package isn't correct for you to ring a number before the 29th April to organise it.
    Now because there appears to be no broadband on the package above I wanted to to ring to change it to the Ultimate Talk & Broadband package.

When my fiancé rang today, she was told that because we haven't received a bill from Eircom that Eircom can't do anything for us yet, yet when we were switching back we were told that once we receive said letter in the post we can choose whatever package we like to join up again with.

I'm just curious as to whether we are going to be without Broadband until we receive another bill or what will happen.

I also wanted to ask would Eircom be sending out a new modem for free (like with new customers) but because the girl on the line wouldn't speak about Broadband packages, she wouldn't speak about a new modem or anything of the sort to my fiancé.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

nicklauski wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We are currently in the process of switching back to Eircom.
    We received a letter in the post yesterday stating that it is all in the process of changing back.
    The letter outlined the package we were on :
    Standard line rental
    Talk Time package

It also states on the letter that if the above package isn't correct for you to ring a number before the 29th April to organise it.
    Now because there appears to be no broadband on the package above I wanted to to ring to change it to the Ultimate Talk & Broadband package.

When my fiancé rang today, she was told that because we haven't received a bill from Eircom that Eircom can't do anything for us yet, yet when we were switching back we were told that once we receive said letter in the post we can choose whatever package we like to join up again with.

I'm just curious as to whether we are going to be without Broadband until we receive another bill or what will happen.

I also wanted to ask would Eircom be sending out a new modem for free (like with new customers) but because the girl on the line wouldn't speak about Broadband packages, she wouldn't speak about a new modem or anything of the sort to my fiancé.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi nicklauski,

Thanks for you post.

Can you PM your eircom Account number and I will look into your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

pm sent Ant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Djawl

Switching back to Eircom sends shivers down my spine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Djawl wrote: »
    Switching back to Eircom sends shivers down my spine!

Thank you for your post Djawl,

Please PM your eircom account number and I will look into your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement