Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Great result really thrilled but think I've no finger nails left for the champions league, don't think the goal that wasn't was if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Great result really thrilled but think I've no finger nails left for the champions league, don't think the goal that wasn't was if you know what I mean.

So you dont think it crossed the line? We get it :pac:

Im definetly not gonna post here for the UCL final. Should we lose we'll be jumped on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted! :) Last 25 minutes were not good for the heart though! :(

Just wanna say another thing......what about Chelsea making history today?

No history my balls, I love when thats spouted around by all fans.

I know ill be a Chelsea fan if Romans money is gone because I was fan before it came. The older generstion to, ye've seen it all, the history we've made and competitions we've won.

I'm proud to be a blue, not just for todays result but because clearly we've loads of history and we're going to keep making history and win trophies.

I cant wait for next weekend now, im gonna stand at the end of the game and wish the lads luck before they had to Munich for a date with destiny.

Were one cup final away from more history lads, this season has been of the best for rollercoaster of emotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

533280_453030178046837_123613977655127_87733954_2024376548_n.jpg
    What a signing this man has been!
    Legend in the making. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

AsKM7sKCAAA0j79.jpg

Anybody know who the guy on the far left is. I'm assuming somebody Spanish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Masked Man wrote: »
    AsKM7sKCAAA0j79.jpg

Anybody know who the guy on the far left is. I'm assuming somebody Spanish?

Would I be right in saying that that's the first cup Torres has ever won?

Pool fan here.

Well done today lads, you derserved it overall hands down.

We only got going last half hour but it wasn't to be.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Would I be right in saying that that's the first cup Torres has ever won?

Well the World Cup and Euros are something. Nothing compared to the FA cup though :)

edit: wiki says
    Atlético Madrid
    Segunda División (1): 2001–02[176]

Chelsea
    FA Cup (1): 2011–12

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pool fan here.

Well done today lads, you derserved it overall hands down.

We only got going last half hour but it wasn't to be.

Fair play.

Fair play rarnes1. There was little to seperate both teams.

Good game to watch but testing on the nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

gavredking wrote: »
    Fair play rarnes1. There was little to seperate both teams.

Good game to watch but testing on the nerves.

You can say that again, I was quivering like an alter boy after mass at time's going in the last 20 minutes. If that was the FA cup final I dread to think what I will be like for the last 20 minutes of the UCL final when winning 1-2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Another pool fan here.

Congrat chelsea well deserved.

Hope ye win cl aswell

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Great result, unbelievable save from cech. Carroll really played well and made the difference for Liverpool, thankfully not enough. Why did the Liverpool fans boo the national anthem by the way.

Anyway, a nice way to prepare for the big one in Munich

Nearly forgot about Cech. It was a brillant reaction save to get his hand up and puah the ball on the bar.

Hes made some brillant saves this season, really important ones. Today and Messi a few times in the Nou Camp.

Great keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well done Chelsea, from an Arsenal supporter - well deserved over the 90 minutes. Now I think that's enough silverware for one season, don't you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

greendom wrote: »
    Well done Chelsea, from an Arsenal supporter - well deserved over the 90 minutes. Now I think that's enough silverware for one season, don't you ?

No, not at all:pac:, we have a taste for it now. One more will do nicely.

Great win today but carroll caused all sorts of problems when he came on, delighted for robbie.

Winning breeds winning and, despite Bayern being the favs with the home advantage etc, my money is on Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great day today!:D

We controlled the first 60-65 minutes of the game no problem and deserved our win.

Our lads got tired due to competing in so many competitions the last few weeks unlike pool who were fresh because they were only focusing on the FA Cup the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba the first player to score in four FA Cup finals.

I never want him to leave this club. Absoulte legend of a man, one of the greatest strikers to ever play for this club.

photo_1336242037339-1-0.jpg?1336245856

Johner wrote: »

I never want him to leave this club. Absoulte legend of a man, one of the greatest strikers to ever play for this club.

This man deserves a two year deal.

Johner wrote: »

Legend.

Re-watched the Graham Norton interview and Drogba is very humble and comes across very well.

The big man is a club legend, the peeformances hes pulled out for us along the years have been exceptional and theres not many others on the planet can match him.

Hes such a character also. Hjs charity work and helping others is another brillant side we rarely see.

Drogba, Chelsea Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Well done Chelsea, I thought they got what they have worked for and deserved it.
    Its the first time in my life time that they won a cup without buying it or spending huge amouts of cash to win it.
    A good result for football and its fans.

On a personal note i dont wanna go to blackburn game next week on the eve of the UCL Final.

I can only imagine the team RDM will play.

Turnbull
    Ferriera Ivanovic Terry Cole
    Romeu Meireles
    Ramires Malouda Sturridge
    Torres

Not bad on second thoughts.....except it has to much Malouda. :pac:

On a personal note i dont wanna go to blackburn game next week on the eve of the UCL Final.

Turnbull
    Romeu Meireles
    Torres

Bertrand for Cole, no?

O.A.P wrote: »
    Its the first time in my life time that they won a cup without buying it or spending huge amouts of cash to win it.

Are you 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My we have short memories! How many of us were castrating Drogba early in the season?!

I would prefer Drogba to leave on a CL glory high at the end of the season.
    We need to rebuild with younger players and he casts such a long shadow that its difficult to do that when he still expects to be top drog and start so many games.

Its time to cut the cord

He has been wonderful, but the next generation is waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

My we have short memories! How many of us were castrating Drogba early in the season?!

We need to rebuild with younger players and he casts such a long shadow that its difficult to do that when he still expects to be top drog and start so many games.

Its time to cut the cord

I presume you mean castigating? Be pretty interesting if you all had been castrating him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its time to cut the cord

I did for one,

but at the time I think it was justified, his record in the league this season speaks volumes, his amazing displays in the big matches are simply unreal but I completely agree about if we win the champions league final then let him leave on the high!

next season Torres needs to be top dog with Sturridge the alternative in the middle, thats the only way we'll get the best out of him and move forward!

LanceStorm wrote: »

Its time to cut the cord

I did for one,

but at the time I think it was justified, his record in the league this season speaks volumes, his amazing displays in the big matches are simply unreal but I completely agree about if we win the champions league final then let him leave on the high!

next season Torres needs to be top dog with Sturridge the alternative in the middle, thats the only way we'll get the best out of him and move forward!

Think evrryone was on Drogbas back. The way hea turned around his performances though are frighting and makes ya wonder what if he had done it earlier.

PeterTwo wrote: »

Turnbull
    Romeu Meireles
    Torres

Bertrand for Cole, no?
    Yup meant Bertrand. Maybe even Hutchinson will get a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will CFC send a near reserve side to Anfield on Tuesday ie the suspended quartet and a bunch of kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mike65 wrote: »
    Will CFC send a near reserve side to Anfield on Tuesday ie the suspended quartet and a bunch of kids?

With CL qualification still mathematically a possibility, i doubt it, although, it may not be possible by then!

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Great result, unbelievable save from cech. Carroll really played well and made the difference for Liverpool, thankfully not enough. Why did the Liverpool fans boo the national anthem by the way.

Anyway, a nice way to prepare for the big one in Munich

Republic of Scouse mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Most likely, unless Newcastle and spurs both conspire to lose today.

But with Liverpool's current home form, the reserves might do it anyway!

Well Liverpool could approach the game two ways - one as a goodbye game to the likes of Aurelio, Maxi, Kuyt and a proper hello to Sterling while playing Coates, Shelvey, Robinson so it could be a fairly weak but lively (if you see what I mean) side - or Dalglish might just want to play his strongest 11 to get FA Cup game out of their system.

LanceStorm wrote: »

Its time to cut the cord

I did for one,

Think evrryone was on Drogbas back. The way hea turned around his performances though are frighting and makes ya wonder what if he had done it earlier.

I have a feeling with Drogba a lot of his terrible form in the early part of the season and last season was due to the continuing ramifications of the milaria. He even looks fitter and bigger now than he did in September.

I definitely wouldn't be against leaving him go in the summer, even for the sake of his reputation, as if he left last January it would certainly have been tainted. But if he goes will it not stifle our attack somewhat? He's a lethal weapon that no other team possesses and I'd wager that, even given Torres' undoubted class, we wouldn't have beaten Barca or would be able to beat Bayern, or any 'top top' team for that matter.

It's a difficult decision that the board and Drogba need to make next month (wow, next month is the beginning of transfer season!)

I think if he can understand that he's getting on and cant be a nailed down starter he still has a lot to offer as a role model for the likes of lukaku and also as an incredibly effective super sub.

mike65 wrote: »

In all likely hood we will. Spurs and Newcastle win today and were done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

He might, but I think it will be very hard for the Liverpool players to fight for anything much, barr saving face.
    It will be in their heads - nothing to play for.

Edit: re: Mike65's post

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I have a feeling with Drogba a lot of his terrible form in the early part of the season and last season was due to the continuing ramifications of the milaria. He even looks fitter and bigger now than he did in September.

I definitely wouldn't be against leaving him go in the summer, even for the sake of his reputation, as if he left last January it would certainly have been tainted. But if he goes will it not stifle our attack somewhat? He's a lethal weapon that no other team possesses and I'd wager that, even given Torres' undoubted class, we wouldn't have beaten Barca or would be able to beat Bayern, or any 'top top' team for that matter.

It's a difficult decision that the board and Drogba need to make next month (wow, next month is the beginning of transfer season!)

I agree about the malaria, but also AVB had a negative affect on the squad.
    I must admit my head says its time to go for him and others and let a new team start, but my heart says no, and we need him.
    He is still a game winner and we need those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Scores are going our way at the moment. With things as they stand, and if we beat Liverpool during the week, we'll go into next weekend 3 points off Arsenal (gd is 3 in their favour), and 1 off Spurs & Newcastle. We have Blackburn at home, Arsenal have West Brom away, Spurs have Fulham at home and Newcastle are going to Everton.

A lot of ifs and buts in there but it's still possible for us to get it.

I wouldn't get too excited it's only to tease us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

As I said, things went our way today :)

A win on Tuesday puts Chelsea within 3 of 3rd and 2 of 4th. It ain't over till it's over.

Best end to the season ever for Chelsea if we win the Champions League and get 3rd/4th... or if we JUST win the Champions League.

just shows how important it was to beat Newcastle, but we didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

just shows how important it was to beat Newcastle, but we didn't

just crazy how poor we were in that match when winning would have put us a massive leap forward towards making sure we're back in it next year!

regardless of the weekends results you have to win these games to be in with any chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

We were woeful against Newcastle. I really thought we could beat them, especially at home.

It wont matter if we win the CL because we'll be in it next season anyway to defend it but it but we shouldn't be relying on a one off game to get into it next year. I think the Newcastle game was the final nail in the coffin, we wont get 3rd or 4th we need to win the CL to be in it next season i feel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement