Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hey

Are Bertrand now a regular ?

If not do you know when he will be taken out and why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

Fantasy Football question? :pac:

He stands a chance of been rotated but with Moses coming in and Marin coming back to fitness I dint think he'll start in our next league match with QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

james123 wrote: »
    Hey

I would not say a regular starter. He is used as a defensive option on the left wing when Chelsea face a strong attacking threat from that wing.
    Ramires is also deployed in this role so it is hard to say exactly when Bertrand will get a game.
    If Cole is out then he is a certain starter for the left full back position.

Anyone wanting to see me dressed as David Luiz for Halloween have a gander.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80458891&postcount=60

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Chelsea's number one transfer target of the summer is set to confirm his future by Wednesday this week.
    Brazilian winger Hulk has been the subject of a transfer saga for the last couple of months and this week see's the end of the transfer window on Saturday, and an end to this story.
    TribalFootball have reported an interview between Porto's media Chief Ahaz Felleger and Record. Ahaz claims that everything will be decided before the 31st of August. He also says that Hulk has told his agent that he wants everything sorted out before Wednesday.
    Chelsea, Tottenham and Zenit St Petersburg are the three clubs fighting for the 26-year-old's signature and it is Chelsea who lead the way. Their club's owner Roman Abramovich is ready to move in this week with one final push in an attempt to land the players signature.
    The blues lead the way for the winger based on the fact that the player wants to play Champions League football this season and the Premier League is his preferred destination.
    Having already confirmed the signings of right back Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille and Victor Moses from Wigan, Chelsea are attempting to bring in one more attacker, to provide options and cover for the likes of Fernando Torres. Hulk is a winger, but the fact he can play as a centre forward as well, appeals to Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo.
    It will take no less than £35 million to capture Hulk, but this will not faze Tottenham, Chelsea or Zenit, who all have money available

Come on Roman dont put thet cheque book away just yet!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Chelsea linked with a move for Mapou-Yanga Mbiwa.

Really really good young centre back.

what a day wrote: »
    Chelsea's number one transfer target of the summer is set to confirm his future by Wednesday this week.
    Brazilian winger Hulk has been the subject of a transfer saga for the last couple of months and this week see's the end of the transfer window on Saturday, and an end to this story.
    TribalFootball have reported an interview between Porto's media Chief Ahaz Felleger and Record. Ahaz claims that everything will be decided before the 31st of August. He also says that Hulk has told his agent that he wants everything sorted out before Wednesday.
    Chelsea, Tottenham and Zenit St Petersburg are the three clubs fighting for the 26-year-old's signature and it is Chelsea who lead the way. Their club's owner Roman Abramovich is ready to move in this week with one final push in an attempt to land the players signature.
    The blues lead the way for the winger based on the fact that the player wants to play Champions League football this season and the Premier League is his preferred destination.
    Having already confirmed the signings of right back Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille and Victor Moses from Wigan, Chelsea are attempting to bring in one more attacker, to provide options and cover for the likes of Fernando Torres. Hulk is a winger, but the fact he can play as a centre forward as well, appeals to Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo.
    It will take no less than £35 million to capture Hulk, but this will not faze Tottenham, Chelsea or Zenit, who all have money available

Come on Roman dont put thet cheque book away just yet!! :D

Tribal football :eek:

I knew ya would spot that Gav, just windin you up :D

amiable wrote: »

He'd be a good addition to the squad if we could tempt Montpellier to sell him.
    I knew ya would spot that Gav, just windin you up :D

WEll Spurs could be a dark horse, Modric money and AVB links but that could be the only basis there including Spurs in the article.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He'd be a good addition to the squad if we could tempt Montpellier to sell him.

WEll Spurs could be a dark horse, Modric money and AVB links but that could be the only basis there including Spurs in the article.

I think about £7million would get him and he'd be worth every penny.
    I think he's good enough to go straight in to the Chelsea team but with Chelsea winning at the moment he may have to bide his time if he did sign.

• Advertisement

I think about £7million would get him and he'd be worth every penny.
    I think he's good enough to go straight in to the Chelsea team but with Chelsea winning at the moment he may have to bide his time if he did sign.

Who dya reckon his bets partner would be? Its hard to drop Terry but the time is getting ever closer IMO.

Who dya reckon his bets partner would be? Its hard to drop Terry but the time is getting ever closer IMO.

If you mean who's style would compliment him most it would be Luiz.
    At this moment in time I think Mbiwa is better that Terry

If he is as good as you guys make out 7m is a steal!

Dont know how he could play though with Terry Ivan Luiz and Cahill playing in the CB position and Chalobha and Hutch knocking on the door next season not to mention Kalas and Bruma.

Id like to think we can invest time and chance into one two more of our youth products instead of out sourcing now since we have a capable squad. of course there will always be exceptions to the rule if we can sign an extraodinary talent.

But players we have coming through our ranks now are of good quality and il except the majority wont make it with us but some can get a chance with all the compitions we are in. Look at the likes of Piazon and Bruma getting games under DiMatteo and TBH i dont think Piazon is even ready to play for our first team.

Loving the amount of players we have on loan at the moment and maybe one or two may yet still go on loan before the window closes. Id like to see Piazon go on loan and get more games under his belt, espcially if we cant ship out Malouda Essien Yossi Meirles etc.

If you mean who's style would compliment him most it would be Luiz.
    At this moment in time I think Mbiwa is better that Terry

Theres a lot fo defenders out there that are better athletes then Terry, definetly but hes playing for other reasons.

At the moment hes our best defender, defender if you know what I mean but I can see Cahill replacing him in the next season and a bit.

Luiz and Mbiwa would definetly be a quick backline and something our team would benefit from.

Dya know or hear if anybody is in for Dede from Vasco, he'd be a great CB to get too.

If he is as good as you guys make out 7m is a steal!

Dont know how he could play though with Terry Ivan Luiz and Cahill playing in the CB position and Chalobha and Hutch knocking on the door next season not to mention Kalas and Bruma.

Id like to think we can invest time and chance into one two more of our youth products instead of out sourcing now since we have a capable squad. of course there will always be exceptions to the rule if we can sign an extraodinary talent.

But players we have coming through our ranks now are of good quality and il except the majority wont make it with us but some can get a chance with all the compitions we are in. Look at the likes of Piazon and Bruma getting games under DiMatteo and TBH i dont think Piazon is even ready to play for our first team.

Loving the amount of players we have on loan at the moment and maybe one or two may yet still go on loan before the window closes. Id like to see Piazon go on loan and get more games under his belt, espcially if we cant ship out Malouda Essien Yossi Meirles etc.

Mbiwa is 23 and captain of the French Ligue 1 Champions Montpellier so I wouldn't consider him a youth product.
    He's also IMHO better than the centre backs at Chelsea at present

Theres a lot fo defenders out there that are better athletes then Terry, definetly but hes playing for other reasons.

At the moment hes our best defender, defender if you know what I mean but I can see Cahill replacing him in the next season and a bit.

Luiz and Mbiwa would definetly be a quick backline and something our team would benefit from.

Dya know or hear if anybody is in for Dede from Vasco, he'd be a great CB to get too.

Somebody mentioned Dede in the transfer thread. I think it may have been Seaneh but not sure.
    I think Milan may have been interested but I'm guessing now.

Somebody mentioned Dede in the transfer thread. I think it may have been Seaneh but not sure.
    I think Milan may have been interested but I'm guessing now.

I think I seen Seaneh mention him as replacement for T.Silva but cant seem to see anything concrete online.

I think he'd be a hit in the EPL though if someone was to take a chance on him.

Ps, the reason Mbiwa would be so cheap is that he is in the final year of his contract.

Ps, the reason Mbiwa would be so cheap is that he is in the final year of his contract.

Well if we could get him for £7million we'll be sorted, basically paying out his last year contract and adding on a bit as a sweetner to Montpellier.

Seems weird that the club captain is running down his contract unless he wants to force a move away or do you know if Montpellier are stalling on an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Does anyone think we actually bid 40M for Modric?

Nobody else in for him at close to that price when we supposedly bid.

Doubt we bid over £30M

• Advertisement

Well if we could get him for £7million we'll be sorted, basically paying out his last year contract and adding on a bit as a sweetner to Montpellier.

Seems weird that the club captain is running down his contract unless he wants to force a move away or do you know if Montpellier are stalling on an offer?

£7 million would be quite a lot of money to a club like Montpellier still.
    He wouldn't be able to get the wages at the club he could get elsewhere.
    He was supposedly close to a move to AC Milan last month but they seem to be penny pinching.
    I think AC offered around 7 million euro but it was rejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

He is in FM 2012 alright!

Any link to this unlinked link? :p

£7 million would be quite a lot of money to a club like Montpellier still.
    He wouldn't be able to get the wages at the club he could get elsewhere.
    He was supposedly close to a move to AC Milan last month but they seem to be penny pinching.
    I think AC offered around 7 million euro but it was rejected.

If we came in with £7million, about €9Million that would be I guess big money for Montpellier, who most people lastyear said would struggle.

If he came to us he'd be on £50K-70K, again a bi gjump in wages.

Remainings to be seen though, I dont exeopct us to splash the cash again but a CB if his quality for cheap price would be good business regardless.

Wow! Is he really better than all of our defenders?

For me Ivan is our worst defender but he is very versitile as he can play at RB aswell. Where would this guy fit into our defence...whos place would he take and what would happen to the rest? For me Cahill is really good and home grown. Luiz is class. Terry is also home grown and our captain. And Ivan is our utility man.

Its hard to choose if we were to loose one :(

Several people on twitter saying Cavani has signed a new contract at Napoli until 2016 with a large release clause.
    Not sure how true this is yet but seeing as he was heavily linked to Chelsea I thought some would be interested.

Several people on twitter saying Cavani has signed a new contract at Napoli until 2016 with a large release clause.
    Not sure how true this is yet but seeing as he was heavily linked to Chelsea I thought some would be interested.

I dont think we were even chasing him, still

Cavani has signed a new contract...55m euro buyout clause. salary is rumoured to be 5,5 m euro per year

http://www.gazzetta....400178541.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Sure why get Cavani when we can get the Hulk?:pac:

Or Falcao ;)

• Advertisement

Falcao > Cavani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    But isnt Falcao too similar to Torres?

What happens if Torres gets injured or suffers a lack of form again?

Players of Falcao's ability are always an assist for any squad, hes excellent.

Players of Falcao's ability are always an assist for any squad, hes excellent.

Love Falcao, cant see it happening though

Love Falcao, cant see it happening though

It would take a big bid but Falcao is a really good player. Cant wait to see him against us now Friday.

Has Courtois been cleared to play or are we playing hard ball and refusig to let him.play?

If its the latter I think its silly, Courtois will want to prove what hes got to Chelsea and the fans.

• Advertisement

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    'Diário de Notícias' says Hulk only wants #CFC, but that he admits renewing his contract, if the buyout fee is reduced & wages increased.

If we got Hulk it would be simply silly summer!

Think of Hulk/Mata/Hazard behind Torres
    with Marin\Oscar\Moses as back up!

That kind of pace/guile and skill would be absolutely unbelievable

It would take a big bid but Falcao is a really good player. Cant wait to see him against us now Friday.

Has Courtois been cleared to play or are we playing hard ball and refusig to let him.play?

If its the latter I think its silly, Courtois will want to prove what hes got to Chelsea and the fans.

Courtois currently in action on SS1 playing Ath.Bilbao just started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

With the focus of the team already moving decisively towards Hazard, Mata and Torres (!), Terry's star will wane. The dressing room will be unrecognisable in 9 months time, if not a lot, lot sooner.

I personally didn't like the way the media took the mickey out of Terry being kit-ready for the UCL trophy podium, and all that related meme rubbish. But I couldn't help feeling that already the fulcrum was shifting decisively at Chelsea.

Terry will be eased off the scene.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

.....and Falcao scores

.....and Falcao scores

Should of made it 2 a minute ago with his header.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

McDave wrote: »
    With the focus of the team already moving decisively towards Hazard, Mata and Torres (!), Terry's star will wane. The dressing room will be unrecognisable in 9 months time, if not a lot, lot sooner.

I personally didn't like the way the media took the mickey out of Terry being kit-ready for the UCL trophy podium, and all that related meme rubbish. But I couldn't help feeling that already the fulcrum was shifting decisively at Chelsea.

Terry will be eased off the scene.

He had to be fully kitted out according to UEFA ,

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/uefa-ordered-terry-don-chelsea-kit-champions-league-celebrations-3201181

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Should of made it 2 a minute ago with his header.

and there we go....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Indeed. As was Ivanovic!

But still, some in the meeja couldn't help portraying Terry as some kind of gatecrasher.

and there we go....:)

Now that was special. How the heck does he score these goals?
    FFS he scores in nearly EVERY game.

Much as I am pleased with Torres so far, this guy with Mata and Hazard etc pulling the strings would make me drool like an (older) man!

Now that was special. How the heck does he score these goals?
    FFS he scores in nearly EVERY game.

Much as I am pleased with Torres so far, this guy with Mata and Hazard etc pulling the strings would make me drool like an (older) man!

That eplagent007 from twitter has come clean this evening about being a fraud and hurled a load of abuse at people.
    He's deleted most of his tweets too

That eplagent007 from twitter has come clean this evening about being a fraud and hurled a load of abuse at people.

yep saw that, apparently a leeds supporter.
    Never believed him anyway!

yep saw that, apparently a leeds supporter.
    Never believed him anyway!
    Hes a Chelsea fan. Only said that to take the heat off his personal account. Aidan Sweeney is his name

That'll cover Torres's wages for 3 weeks anyway :pac:

Paging amiable to the Chelsea thread :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194600/Chelsea-dilemma-Liverpool-Daniel-Sturridge.html
    Chelsea will be faced with a tough dilemma regarding Daniel Sturridge’s future this week as Liverpool plot a last minute swoop.

Reds manager Brendan Rodgers will try to land the England international in a £10million deal before Friday’s transfer deadline after making an initial enquiry.

And the Reds' move will leave manager Roberto Di Matteo with a difficult decision to make.

Cant see it happening unless we have someone else lined up but I think Danny is in his alst year of his contract also so you just never know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement