Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Paging amiable to the Chelsea thread :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194600/Chelsea-dilemma-Liverpool-Daniel-Sturridge.html

[/COLOR]

Cant see it happening unless we have someone else lined up but I think Danny is in his alst year of his contract also so you just never know.[/LEFT]

The Times reporting it too so there is some truth to Liverpool's interest IMO
    I still think Chelsea will make another big money signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    The Times reporting it too so there is some truth to Liverpool's interest IMO
    I still think Chelsea will make another big money signing

I'd agree, there is something in it and it willonly be entertained if we are close to bringing in someone else.

Theres no way we can go through the season with one striker, I've faith that Torres will get 20 gaols this season but to expect him to be our only option if we sell Sturridge is silly.

My only hope is its a CF and not a Hulk/Willian/Jovetic type signing who can play through the middle if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

If we sell Sturridge we will regret it big time. The lad is class when played through the middle! We have to keep hold of him IMO and give him at least 20 starts this season. I think he offers more than Torres does and we would be mad to sell him.

Regarding sigining another striker we are struggling to keep the two happy that we have, why sign another one unless we off load one. For me this is Torres penultimate year, put up or shut up. Sturridge is ready to take his place and if Torres does not deliver this year its time to move him on.

Id be delighted if we signed a better striker than Torres and Sturridge but at the moment we cant accomadate 3 strikers in one place up for grabs. I think if we are to sign another striker id like us to sign Shurrle and move Sturridge to our new number 9 and have Shurrle as back up.

I think Sturridge is in the last year of his contract. Can someone confirm this?
    If this is true then you can see why Chelsea may sell him.

what a day wrote: »
    If we sell Sturridge we will regret it big time. The lad is class when played through the middle! We have to keep hold of him IMO and give him at least 20 starts this season. I think he offers more than Torres does and we would be mad to sell him.

Regarding sigining another striker we are struggling to keep the two happy that we have, why sign another one unless we off load one. For me this is Torres penultimate year, put up or shut up. Sturridge is ready to take his place and if Torres does not deliver this year its time to move him on.

Id be delighted if we signed a better striker than Torres and Sturridge but at the moment we cant accomadate 3 strikers in one place up for grabs. I think if we are to sign another striker id like us to sign Shurrle and move Sturridge to our new number 9 and have Shurrle as back up.

We'll probably have 50-60 games this season, Danny will get the League Cup games and some FA cup games I reckon and anytime Torres is injured/suspended I cant see him dislodging Torres as a starter any tiem soon, Sturridge is nowhere near as rounded as Torres as a footballer, hes got tunnel vision at times and often makes the wrong choice running down blind alleys and relys on his pace to get him past people. If he worked on his passing and interacting with team mates he'd be a better player but until that time comes he wont get too many games. As a CF he has to bring the rest of the team into the game and he doesnt do it enough.

At this stage hes quicker then Torres is, but other then that Torres is more of a complete package, better in the air, more composed, good link up play, fiery and hes going through a mini purple patch.

I still stand by saying Torres will be our top scorer this season but it wont be enough for some who no doubt will want Cavani/Falcao/Hulk even if he finsihes with 20 + goals, which is of course peoples own personal opinion but mine is that we will see the best of Torres for a prolonged period and we'll reap the rewards eventually.

I think Sturridge is in the last year of his contract. Can someone confirm this?
    If this is true then you can see why Chelsea may sell him.

Thats my understanding too, it his last year of a 4 year contract he signed back in '09.

It's better to lose him now then for free in a few months, like RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hmm interesting stuff, I'd rather keep Sturridge as a number 2 to be honest. Torres can be confident he's top dog and Danny appears happy enough to fight for the place.

If we sell Danny we'll definitely have to get a replacement and will they be happy just to be an unserstudy? And will it annoy Torres?

Pathetic that we have to worry about upsetting Torres but if it means he gets some sort of form it's worth it imo

We'll probably have 50-60 games this season, Danny will get the League Cup games and some FA cup games I reckon and anytime Torres is injured/suspended I cant see him dislodging Torres as a starter any tiem soon, Sturridge is nowhere near as rounded as Torres as a footballer, hes got tunnel vision at times and often makes the wrong choice running down blind alleys and relys on his pace to get him past people. If he worked on his passing and interacting with team mates he'd be a better player but until that time comes he wont get too many games. As a CF he has to bring the rest of the team into the game and he doesnt do it enough.

At this stage hes quicker then Torres is, but other then that Torres is more of a complete package, better in the air, more composed, good link up play, fiery and hes going through a mini purple patch.

I still stand by saying Torres will be our top scorer this season but it wont be enough for some who no doubt will want Cavani/Falcao/Hulk even if he finsihes with 20 + goals, which is of course peoples own personal opinion but mine is that we will see the best of Torres for a prolonged period and we'll reap the rewards eventually.

You are looking at Sturridge as a right forward with you above statement i think. Sturridge has a better touch than Torres he is quicker more explosive and has a better shot. We will never know but if both strikers played 30 games a piece this season id bet Sturridge would score more goals a striker then Torres.

Yossi is moving on this week......take Malouda with you Yossi!!

hmm interesting stuff, I'd rather keep Sturridge as a number 2 to be honest. Torres can be confident he's top dog and Danny appears happy enough to fight for the place.

If we sell Danny we'll definitely have to get a replacement and will they be happy just to be an unserstudy? And will it annoy Torres?

Pathetic that we have to worry about upsetting Torres but if it means he gets some sort of form it's worth it imo

Its a dodgy game to play though, Danny can sign a pre-contract agreement with a team in January if we dont offer him a new deal.

He has to realsie hes just not as good as Torres and until he proves it then he cant be our number 1 striker, if he deosnt want to wait, then fairplay to him, hes a young lad and will get into most teams and no doubt he wants to play reguarly so we can say goodbye to him if he wants out, we're not going to struggle without him and he is replaceable.

• Advertisement

You are looking at Sturridge as a right forward with you above statement i think. Sturridge has a better touch than Torres he is quicker more explosive and has a better shot. We will never know but if both strikers played 30 games a piece this season id bet Sturridge would score more goals a striker then Torres.

Yossi is moving on this week......take Malouda with you Yossi!!

Ah jaysus, thats a bold statement, Torres is one of the best strikers on the planet, Sturridge is nowhere near that yet, my point was as a CF Danny isnt upto it yet not compared to Torres anyway.

Smoetimes people forget about Torres's past and what hes capable of and whats hes done and acheived.

Torres has a shocking touch and has alwasy struggled with his touch at times but since he came to Chelsea he has never improved his control of the ball. Sturridge has much more control over the ball and his first touch is excellent. People think because Torres acheived what he did he is a better player than a younger Sturridge who has never been given the chance since his loan with bolton. Dont get me wrong on Torres day he was probably the best striker on the planet but has has long since gone and is far from the player he once was, as was Essien. Simular situation but a different position.

Sturridge scored 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton, imagine what he could do with Hazard and Mata behind him.

Torres has a shocking touch and has alwasy struggled with his touch at times but since he came to Chelsea he has never improved his control of the ball. Sturridge has much more control over the ball and his first touch is excellent. People think because Torres acheived what he did he is a better player than a younger Sturridge who has never been given the chance since his loan with bolton. Dont get me wrong on Torres day he was probably the best striker on the planet but has has long since gone and is far from the player he once was, as was Essien. Simular situation but a different position.

Sturridge scored 8 goals in 12 games for Bolton, imagine what he could do with Hazard and Mata behind him.

Trust me and I'm probably not alone with this, Torres at Sturridge's age was miles ahead of where Sturridge currently is, Torres left for Liverpool around about the same age Sturridge is now, 23.

Torres had played over 200 games for A.Madrid and scored over 80 goals, Sturridge to date has played under 90 games and scored 25 goals.

Torres has much more to offer the squad then Essien has currently, Essien has gone through 2 potential career ending injuries.

Sturridge may progress into a top class striker but I cant see it happening with us TBH.

By compairing Torres states at his age does not make any diffference to there current ability. What about Drogbas stats when he was Sturridges age?

It all comes down both Torres and Sturridges ability now and i beleive Sturridge would offer us more upfront now than Torres. I guarentee Sturridge will our score Torres if Sturridge is played as a striker and not out wide, wether he player for us of some one else, as long as he is a striker.

Im not doubting Torres will not score 20 goals this season, all im trying to say is if i had a choice i would rather we held on to Sturridge then Torres.
    Two strikers needed in our squad this season and if we where to sign another striker id rather Torres went as much as i like the guy, part of me is just pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

There's no doubt that Torres went through a crisis of confidence, but I always felt that this was a team to play to Drogba's strengths and Torres suffered from simply not getting the service and types of balls into him that he was used to. With Mata, Hazard and (potentially) Oscar much more on his wavelength, I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't flourish. This is the first season the team has been effectively set up for Torres to lead the line, so let's judge him on how he fares for here on in.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    There's no doubt that Torres went through a crisis of confidence, but I always felt that this was a team to play to Drogba's strengths and Torres suffered from simply not getting the service and types of balls into him that he was used to. With Mata, Hazard and (potentially) Oscar much more on his wavelength, I'd be genuinely surprised if he doesn't flourish. This is the first season the team has been effectively set up for Torres to lead the line, so let's judge him on how he fares for here on in.

Your right Duck, this squad is definitly more suited to Torres style of play. If he scores a goal in every two games it will be a success IMO. Im just stating that i think Sturridge would match Torres for every thing he can offer us this season with the same service Sturridge could bag a goal every second game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

By compairing Torres states at his age does not make any diffference to there current ability. What about Drogbas stats when he was Sturridges age?

It all comes down both Torres and Sturridges ability now and i beleive Sturridge would offer us more upfront now than Torres. I guarentee Sturridge will our score Torres if Sturridge is played as a striker and not out wide, wether he player for us of some one else, as long as he is a striker.

Im not doubting Torres will not score 20 goals this season, all im trying to say is if i had a choice i would rather we held on to Sturridge then Torres.
    Two strikers needed in our squad this season and if we where to sign another striker id rather Torres went as much as i like the guy, part of me is just pity.

Drogba didnt make his league debut until he was 18/19. It wasnt until he left for Guinamp did he start scorin goals and then got a transfer to Marseille before joining us.

Danny isnt a team player, often tries the spectular while the simple pass is on to better placed team mates.

Hes still some way off Torres or Drogba's ability, he has alot to work on in his game, he could be mentioned in the same sentence as the above 2 but theres nothing to suggest other then a few games at Bolton that shows he deserves a start.

If hes still around when Lukaku comes back he'll have competition for 2nd striker, if hes still here but TBH I dont think he'll stay and play second fiddle, no young guy worth his salt would.

Hell, even if it Liverpool he wont be playing through the middle, Rodgers played 3 upfront the other day and Suarez was flanked by Sterling and Borini, Sturridge will find himself playing wide again if he does go to Liverpool.

I can see Spurs bidding for Sturridge too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Drogba didnt make his league debut until he was 18/19. It wasnt until he left for Guinamp did he start scorin goals and then got a transfer to Marseille before joining us.

Danny isnt a team player, often tries the spectular while the simple pass is on to better placed team mates.

Hes still some way off Torres or Drogba's ability, he has alot to work on in his game, he could be mentioned in the same sentence as the above 2 but theres nothing to suggest other then a few games at Bolton that shows he deserves a start.

If hes still around when Lukaku comes back he'll have competition for 2nd striker, if hes still here but TBH I dont think he'll stay and play second fiddle, no young guy worth his salt would.

Hell, even if it Liverpool he wont be playing through the middle, Rodgers played 3 upfront the other day and Suarez was flanked by Sterling and Borini, Sturridge will find himself playing wide again if he does go to Liverpool.

My tuppence happenny.

I rate Danny. he is a fearless dynamic proven attacking striker who can score outside the box and can play on the wing and makes things happen.
    I think he will get a good few games, but obviously given the fee and the pedigree, Torres is No1

Torres is very much a one trick pony. Can only play one way and is a percentage player.
    Where Danny will just shoot, and often from outside the box, given the slightest of chances and by doing so catches out defences and goalkeepers who dont expect some of his mad chancing, Torres will ONLY shoot if he feels there is a high chance of scoring

Watching the 2 of them on the same pitch is interesting.
    Danny makes things happen, he hunts down the ball and will come deep to get it.
    Torres waits and waits and waits for that special ball, his movement is more off the ball than on it

Now re Danny and Liverpool. One thing we know is that Chelsea-Liverpool and vice versa transfers rarely work out well and that really both clubs should agree to stary away from one another when it comes to transfers!

Also as we only have 2 strikers, its highly unlikely we would let 50% of them go without a replacement (Maybe Hulk??)

But even then that is crazy talk!

Therefore, I'm calling "foul" in the face of logic.

But this is Chelsea logic, where we have seen box to box midfielders played on the right wing, so probably will happen then!

Panthro wrote: »

Sign 'um up. :pac:
    My tuppence happenny.

I rate Danny. he is a fearless dynamic proven attacking striker who can score outside the box and can play on the wing and makes things happen.
    I think he will get a good few games, but obviously given the fee and the pedigree, Torres is No1

Torres is very much a one trick pony. Can only play one way and is a percentage player.
    Where Danny will just shoot, and often from outside the box, given the slightest of chances and by doing so catches out defences and goalkeepers who dont expect some of his mad chancing, Torres will ONLY shoot if he feels there is a high chance of scoring

Watching the 2 of them on the same pitch is interesting.
    Danny makes things happen, he hunts down the ball and will come deep to get it.
    Torres waits and waits and waits for that special ball, his movement is more off the ball than on it

Now re Danny and Liverpool. One thing we know is that Chelsea-Liverpool and vice versa transfers rarely work out well and that really both clubs should agree to stary away from one another when it comes to transfers!

Also as we only have 2 strikers, its highly unlikely we would let 50% of them go without a replacement (Maybe Hulk??)

But even then that is crazy talk!

Therefore, I'm calling "foul" in the face of logic.

But this is Chelsea logic, where we have seen box to box midfielders played on the right wing, so probably will happen then!

But thats what seperates Torres apart from Danny though, nearly everything you outlined as Dannys talent and he has some, is that hes playing in space between defence and midfield and has more time to effect the game, Torres like all good strikers plays his game in and around 20 yards from goal and closer.

Danny is a good inverted winger coming off the edge and effecting the game but playing upfront on your own is something that Danny is not used to that role at all. Torres has been doing it for years, Drogba the same before him. Danny may feel his best position is CF but right now for us its either backup striker or inverted winger.

If Torres fails, I've no problem with Danny leading the line, he can prove then what hes got but until then he has to bide his time or he can move on, balls in his court at the moment.

• Advertisement

I can see Spurs bidding for Sturridge too

I'd gift wrap him for Liverpool before selling to AVB and Spurs. ;)

The man of the moment speaks, Hazard, he has BIG goals for the season, hopefully he can push us towards to those goals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194670/Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-target-treble-trophies.html
    Eden Hazard has started life at Chelsea with bang and is already urging his new team-mates to target a treble of trophies in his first season at Stamford Bridge.
    The Belgium playmaker has Barclays Premier League defences quaking in their boots after just three games for the Blues following his £32million move from Lille this summer, having scored once and set up five more goals in his side's ascent to the top of the embryonic league table.

Roberto Di Matteo's European champions have already picked up the Community Shield this season and will be fighting for domestic honours in the Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup, as well as competition across the globe in the Champions League, Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

Hazard, 21, sees no reason to grow complacent after such a good start and admits he thinks picking up three of those trophies is a realistic aim for Chelsea this year.

'At Chelsea you have to win every game. The objective is win, win, win. This season I think there are seven trophies to play for,' he told The Sun.

'We played the first one against Manchester City in the Community Shield. If we get two or three from the remaining six that will be great.

Re Sturridge i think your right sgt but again i think yourselve and Gav are compairing him as his time played as an inverted winger for us under AVB. Yes he can do a job there but he is a better stiker and he openly says so. I totally agree with him. Yes he is greedy and shoots from all angles and im not for one miniute saying he is right to do so but in his defence he is trying to prove he is a goal scorer. I hate when he is greedy, that and diving sickins the hell out of me but i can understand why Sturridge is so greedy.

He has to come deep to get the ball because he is played as a winger/RM he cannot wait like Torres does to be fed the ball. He proved his worth when played through the middle but again your right sgt, Torres price and pedegree will more than likely superseed any ability Sturridge has as a striker. The ball is very much in Sturridges court but i just hope it does not come back to bit us. I really think Sturridge is Englands best striker since Rooney and i would not likeus to have to stop him wearing some one elses colours.

From ABola...

http://translate.goo...3gDvrKp-_Rvtu3g

The Board of Zenit decided on Tuesday not to approve the investment of 50 million euros for hiring Hulk, by considering the excessive price.

The news is being advanced by the Russian press, specifically the News Sport Express, which ensures that the direction of the St. Petersburg club does not intend to exceed 30 million, the largest amount paid employment history badge when Danny came to Petrovsky in 2008.

If confirmed this news, hardly the 'Incredible' will head to St. Petersburg, reviving the uncertainty about their immediate future, when we are a few days of the closing of the transfer market.

Friday is definetly going to be interesting anyway.

;)

Its going to be interesting alright, not only for Chelsea fans but i think ther will be a bit of movement especially if we or man city splash some cash. Spurs Liverpool and maybe Arsenal will also have a go at a player or two.

Any post that story printed by the metro?

Two offers received for Hulk by two english teams believed to be Spurs and Chelsea

Any post that story printed by the metro?

Two offers received for Hulk by two english teams believed to be Spurs and Chelsea

he Portuguese club are keen to sort out the future of the 26-year-old and expect to know where he will be playing next season by tomorrow.
    Hulk has had offers from England as well as interest from Zenit Saint Petersburg but could still remain at Porto, his advisers revealed.

Speaking yesterday Porto’s media chief, Ahaz Felleger, said: ‘Until tomorrow, Tuesday, or maximum Wednesday there will be a solution.
    ‘There are three proposals from abroad – two English clubs and Zenit - there are talks with the player and with Porto.

‘Staying in Porto is also a real possibility, he is very satisfied and there is no problem.’
    There was strong interest surrounding the Brazilian striker, who has scored 54 goals in 98 appearance for Porto, at the start of the summer but it has gone quiet in recent weeks.

However a deal with either Chelsea, Spurs, Zenit Saint Petersburg or even a new contract at Porto is expected be sorted out by tomorrow.

Despite both English clubs being interested in the star and Hulk’s desire to play in the Premier League, there have been reports from Portugal that Zenit have had a bid in the region of £40million accepted.

However Hulk, who has been granted permission to discuss terms with the Russian outfit, could turn them down if either Chelsea or Spurs come in with an improved bid and lure the striker to England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads just seen on twitter that Drogba returned to Cobham today for a catch up while he's back in London visiting family, he's also giving an interview to ChelseaTV its being shown at 6.30pm if anyone interested

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads just seen on twitter that Drogba returned to Cobham today for a catch up while he's back in London visiting family, he's also giving an interview to ChelseaTV its being shown at 6.30pm if anyone interested

Yep, theres also rumours that him and Anelka could return to the EPL something about shareholders or something

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/drogba-and-anelka-may-seek-premier-league-return-amid-shareholders-row-at-shanghai-shenhua-19361/

• Advertisement

Hes not worth £40 Million. :(

Aaahhh what do I care its not my money. :pac:

The cheque book is after taking a battering so far, another £40Million is nothing to Roman, get it out for one more splurge for the LOLZ!!!!

Come on Roman you stinge bag, just pay the 35m and tell them take it or leave it, its our finale offer. Move on Malouda, Yossi, Essien, Meireles, Kakuta, Ferreira and Turnbull. Job done.

Yep, theres also rumours that him and Anelka could return to the EPL something about shareholders or something

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/drogba-and-anelka-may-seek-premier-league-return-amid-shareholders-row-at-shanghai-shenhua-19361/[/QUOTE]

Drogba on loan and Shanghai can pay his wages, sorted. ;)

Squad numbers for Azpilicueta 28, Moses 13

Come on Roman you stinge bag, just pay the 35m and tell them take it or leave it, its our finale offer. Move on Malouda, Yossi, Essien, Meireles, Kakuta, Ferreira and Turnbull. Job done.

Thats one thing hes not.

Hes spent about a £1 billion since taking us over, between transfers, sacking managers, developing Cobham and buying the club.

Thats a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of money. I know its his personal fortune hes throwing into the club but is he ever going to make money from the club and at what stage will he say enough is enough, questions for after Friday 11:01pm I reckon. :pac:

Essien linked with Fenerbahce today. Opening bid of €10m.

(But he has repeatly said he isnt going anywhere)

http://ghanasoccernet.com/fenerbahce-in-shock-move-for-ghana-star-michael-Essien/

Turkish giants Fenerbahçe have launched an audcious bid to sign Ghana midfielder Michael Essien.
    The Yellow Canaries will make an official bid for the services of the 29-year -old subject on Wednesday Champions League return fixture against Spartak Moscow.
    The Istanbul club want to invest in a central midfielder should they qualify to the group phase of the European competition.
    Essien is touted as the replacement for Emre Belozgou who has joined Spanish side Athletico Madrid.
    The Ghanaian international joined Chelsea for €38 million from Lyon in 2005 and has gone onto play 247 games for the Blues.
    The Ghana international has however, suffered with recurring injuries especially over the past few seasons which have limited his playing time.
    Essien is currently on wages within the Canaries budget, the 29-year-old midfielder is contracted to the London club until 2015.

Essien linked with Fenerbahce today. Opening bid of €10m.

(But he has repeatly said he isnt going anywhere)

http://ghanasoccernet.com/fenerbahce-in-shock-move-for-ghana-star-michael-Essien/

Turkish giants Fenerbahçe have launched an audcious bid to sign Ghana midfielder Michael Essien.
    The Yellow Canaries will make an official bid for the services of the 29-year -old subject on Wednesday Champions League return fixture against Spartak Moscow.
    The Istanbul club want to invest in a central midfielder should they qualify to the group phase of the European competition.
    Essien is touted as the replacement for Emre Belozgou who has joined Spanish side Athletico Madrid.
    The Ghanaian international joined Chelsea for €38 million from Lyon in 2005 and has gone onto play 247 games for the Blues.
    The Ghana international has however, suffered with recurring injuries especially over the past few seasons which have limited his playing time.
    Essien is currently on wages within the Canaries budget, the 29-year-old midfielder is contracted to the London club until 2015.

Id be sad to see him go but if that was upped to about £15million its something I'd entertain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

I agree, 10 million euro is a bit insulting especially when he has that long to run on his contract. 20 million euro/£15m would do the job though. Another £9m for Meireles, £5m for Yossi & Kakuta and £1-2m for the others and we'd be well on our way to Hulk! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Falcao is the better player of the two, no question. But then what the hell would we do with Nando? I think he'd lose all confidence if we brought in direct established competition for his spot. Danny would want to leave as soon as we move for another striker too, so we'd still be left with 2 strikers, one of whom would be unhappy/ineffective. We'd still be left with the problem on the right too. I think we need to give Torres the reigns and let him be the man. In hindsight, we should just have bought Aguero a couple of seasons ago and we wouldn't be in this mess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Aquila wrote: »
    Who do we need more?
    Hulk or Falcao?

I think we need a striker and a central midfielder far more than another winger. We only have two recognized strikers in the squad in Danny and Torres.

We also need a CM, Meireles, Mikel, Essien aren't good enough and Lampard is getting no younger. I think some of our summer signings will paper over the cracks in most games but we'll be eventually found out in the bigger matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Cech
    Hilario
    Turnbull
    Courtois
    Delac

Cesar --- Terry -- Luiz --- Cole
    Fereira -- Cahill - Ivanovic -- Bertrand
    Hutchinson - Bruma - Kalas - Annholt
    Chalobah

Lampard - Mikel
    Meireles - Essien
    McEachran - Romeu
    Clifford - Benayoun

Ramires -- Hazard -- Mata
    Moses -- Oscar -- Marin
    De Bruyne - Piazon - T.Hazard
    Kakuta

Torres
    Sturridge
    Lukaku
    Lalkovic
    Bamford

Decided to make a sign for a Ladies toilet out of the 41 players who will see first team action over next few years.

Twitter rumour sayin Falcao to Chelsea is 100% done deal, supposedly will be given the number 20 jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Just saw that apparantally will be annouced on SSn in the hour!
    What happens to Torres!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

smuckers wrote: »
    Just saw that apparantally will be annouced on SSn in the hour!
    What happens to Torres!

Is the source even reliable??

Sounds to good to be true to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Is the source even reliable??

Sounds to good to be true to be honest.

Yeah definitley BS,not a hope I'd say.

But I hope to god I'm wrong!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hasn't appeared on my timeline yet.....

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Twitter rumour sayin Falcao to Chelsea is 100% done deal, supposedly will be given the number 20 jersey

Forget it, its one of those teenage football agents!

https://twitter.com/FootballAgent49

The only reason I even posted it is because about 4 or 5 people are reporting it, the fee is supposedly 37 million euros, might be all lies exciting nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

I call shenanigans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement