Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well I can confirm that he will be meeting Chelsea representives very very soon!

"We are in good spirits and are now looking forward to [Chelsea] on Friday," said Falcao. "I am pretty satisfied with the part I played tonight but I have to say that above all it's great that the team played so well and managed to gain such a convincing win."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is this Torres first time playing against A.Madrid since he left?

Hope he sinks them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Aquila wrote: »
    Those teenage "agents" should be banned off twitter,fcuking 10 a penny at this stage

Gillem Ballague now saying that there's no such deal, deep down we all no its just twitter trolls but ya gotta love transfer season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Whats up with all these "Football Agents" on Twitter? I don't use Twitter so I've no idea how it works but my friends and stuff are all saying " X is joining X" and I ask where they heard that and they all go "Football agent on Twitter"?

Are any of them reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

TheStook wrote: »
    Whats up with all these "Football Agents" on Twitter? I don't use Twitter so I've no idea how it works but my friends and stuff are all saying " X is joining X" and I ask where they heard that and they all go "Football agent on Twitter"?

No don't trust accounts that say they are agents. There are plenty of reputable people that are worth following though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

So this morning on NewsTalk they were saying that Rooney/Fergie have not seen eye to eye for about two years and he is now being made available

They were reckoning the only team that might be interested would be Chelsea

What do you think guys , would you want him in the side ?

I think I would TBH, but I am a little biased being English .

It's a shame he is a scouse twit , but we can't all be perfect eh :)

If its true then Utd would want stupid money for him, £35-45Million, I dont think hes worth it TBH and I cant see too many clubs being able to afford his wages,only us and City in England, maybe PSG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I think this is the story that sparked it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-fears-manchester-united-1284302

paper talk of course ....

Story looks totally made up TBH.

Theres not many juicy transfer stories left, Modric is gone, RVP is gone, so looks like the rags have taken to making up " big stories " :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Story looks totally made up TBH.

Theres not many juicy transfer stories left, Modric is gone, RVP is gone, so looks like the rags have taken to making up " big stories " :rolleyes:

I think Schurrle could move to Chelsea :)

amiable wrote: »
    I think Schurrle could move to Chelsea :)

Any reason why or dya just have a hunch :p

Any reason why or dya just have a hunch :p

A hunch. I know for a fact Chelsea scouts have watched him and were impressed.
    He'd be an excellent addition IMO and I'd be jealous of Chelsea's business with Hazard, Mata and Schurrle all in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Nope - if Fergie wants him out there is usually a good reason.

From what I can see Rooneys head is gone and I don't think he will ever recover his form of old.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    So this morning on NewsTalk they were saying that Rooney/Fergie have not seen eye to eye for about two years and he is now being made available

They were reckoning the only team that might be interested would be Chelsea

What do you think guys , would you want him in the side ?

I think I would TBH, but I am a little biased being English .

It's a shame he is a scouse twit , but we can't all be perfect eh :)

TheStook wrote: »

I think with these agent accounts a lot of the time they'll post transfer news after someone else has already broke the story, I follow them just for a bit of fun. they also just make up a lot of stuff too.

Lads for those of you interested in the youth football, Chelsea were beaten 2-1 at home to CSKA Moscow in their first game of the NextGen Series. We were supposedly the much better side and should of won only for their goalkeeper was on top form.

There's a good write up in the below article about Lucas Piazon well worth a read IMO.

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3877/england/2012/08/29/3338080/classy-piazon-proves-he-is-ready-to-make-first-team-breakthrough-

A hunch. I know for a fact Chelsea scouts have watched him and were impressed.
    He'd be an excellent addition IMO and I'd be jealous of Chelsea's business with Hazard, Mata and Schurrle all in the team

Ya we've done really well so far, still have positions that need strengthen but I think all squads do TBH.

If we managed to nab Schurrle we'd have some of footballs best young attacking talent at our disposal.
    bullpost wrote: »
    Nope - if Fergie wants him out there is usually a good reason.

From what I can see Rooneys head is gone and I don't think he will ever recover his form of old.

Didnt he get a hair transplant to sort that out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

We should finally see 2 or 3 players leave us this week and i reckon we will at least try sign one more striker Hulk and Schurle are the favourites to make the move. Yossi Essien and Maybe Meireles will move on, we should just release Malouda at this stage, he should never play for us again IMO.

Loved Shurrle when we played against him in the CL, shows brilliant skill on the ball and pacey, reminds me of an in form Torres. I think he would be the easyest of the strikers to keep happy if we were to sign another striker. Hulk is the player we need most IMO though as he will play from midfield and can play as a striker should Sturridge and Torres pick up and injury.

Missed the NextGen game last night but read good comments on DDs team, great to see Chalobha Kane Bamford Piazon and Thorgan all in the same squad. All promising youths and we are really starting to flower our budding young talent.

what a day wrote: »

Missed the NextGen game last night but read good comments on DDs team, great to see Chalobha Kane Bamford Piazon and Thorgan all in the same squad. All promising youths and we are really starting to flower our budding young talent.

I dont think its being shown anywhere tbh I just got updates from twitter. I know for Arsenals game tonight its free in to watch it, but Chelsea had it in Cobham and it wasn't open to the public :confused:

Edit: Also whataday can you please post something quick so you can get off 666 posts we dont want any bad luck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Rumours going round this morning of Essien for Fenerbache, possibly Meireles as well.
    Doesn't seem much talk around Maoluda moving on, suppose he's on too nice a wage packet where he is.
    Saw on twitter last week that Josh is supposed to be on 28k p.w., nice work if you can get.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I dont think its being shown anywhere tbh I just got updates from twitter. I know for Arsenals game tonight its free in to watch it, but Chelsea had it in Cobham and it wasn't open to the public :confused:

Edit: Also whataday can you please post something quick so you can get off 666 posts we dont want any bad luck :pac:

Like this :

:p

Techless wrote: »
    Rumours going round this morning of Essien for Fenerbache, possibly Meireles as well.
    Doesn't seem much talk around Maoluda moving on, suppose he's on too nice a wage packet where he is.
    Saw on twitter last week that Josh is supposed to be on 28k p.w., nice work if you can get.

That seems like a lot of money if its true he must be using Wayne Rooneys agent :pac:

Techless wrote: »

Definetly handy money iff you can get it. :pac:

Drop in the ocean for Roman though when we have Torres, Lamps, JT, Hazard all on huge wages. :p

Ha ha sorry on the delay :D

Wonder if you can get the NextGen games streamed on line?

Ha ha sorry on the delay :D

Wonder if you can get the NextGen games streamed on line?

I just checked the usual site I use and there's no games up on it. I read that NextGen were selling the rights to some tv station a while back, it would be surprising if nobody actually bought them

• Advertisement

I just checked the usual site I use and there's no games up on it. I read that NextGen were selling the rights to some tv station a while back, it would be surprising if nobody actually bought them

Yeah i read that some where too Caveman, i for one would watch it. Love watching the reserves play as it is and to watch them play against some of the best talent in Europe is more appealing. Id imagine it would eventually take off simular to college football in the states, could be potentail big business.

Berbaflop is having a medical at Fiorentina....Jovetic could be on his way out?? :rolleyes:

Have to say out off all the forwards we are linked with Jovetic is the last i would choose TBH

Berbaflop is having a medical at Fiorentina....Jovetic could be on his way out?? :rolleyes:

Have to say out off all the forwards we are linked with Jovetic is the last i would choose TBH

Depending on what formation Chelsea play, Jovetic would actually be a good signing as he'd be able to play alongside Torres.

I dont think we actually need to sign anymore but I do think we might bring in one more, hopefully we clear a few out too, we're putting together a great squad now time to get rid of the dead wood

Jovetic has had one long term injury already and hes still only 21 I think.

He could be a very good assist for us though if we do get him, hes rated fairly highly throughout Europe and would only add to our options.

Your right Caveman, id be all for signing him if we played with a 4-3-3 but we dont. So for that reason alone we dont need him and id rather see the money spent elsewere. He is a very good player alright but we just dont need him with the attacking options we already have.

I know i keep harping on about Hulk but if we signed him he can play in our front 3 attacking midfielders and also as a striker. Should we change formation to a 4-3-3 Hulk can also play as an inverted winger on the right and as an ortodox winger on the left.

Looking forward to a fun day on Friday lads! :D

• Advertisement

I'm just happy that we're playing Friday it'll give me something to watch other than Sky sports all day :)

So what are we expecting from Fridays game anyway? I think its going to be a tough game but we should really win it. I hope Torres gets a goal that will definitely do his confidence the world of good scoring against his old club.

Yeah i think its a must win game TBH. Keep our momentum going and boost the confidence while taking another Trophy to the Bridge.
    Im Sure RDM will want to show he is a winner will want as many Trophys he can get in order to show Roman he is capable for the Chelsea job long term.

Its going to be a very tough game but we should be winning this one.

3 - 1 Chelsea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

They seem to put up on twitter every couple of weeks that they are in discussions about broadcast deal with announcement in coming days but nothing seems to come of it

What about Courtois? Is he playing?

We are a better overall team no doubt but A.Madrid are no push overs and in Falcao they have one of the best strikers on the planet.

Yeah i think its a must win game TBH. Keep our momentum going and boost the confidence while taking another Trophy to the Bridge.
    Im Sure RDM will want to show he is a winner will want as many Trophys he can get in order to show Roman he is capable for the Chelsea job long term.

Its going to be a very tough game but we should be winning this one.

3 - 1 Chelsea :)

Well if we continue to play as well as we have been then I dont think Athletico will be able to handle us, Hazard for another MOTM.
    They seem to put up on twitter every couple of weeks that they are in discussions about broadcast deal with announcement in coming days but nothing seems to come of it

I just found this thread today, Opr seems to know a lot about it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056727914

I also downloaded a broadcast sheet off the NextGen website it seems to be last seasons one though, but they show a lot of stations broadcasting the games from the quarter final stage onwards, so maybe it'll be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

What about Courtois? Is he playing?

We are a better overall team no doubt but A.Madrid are no push overs and in Falcao they have one of the best strikers on the planet.

Supposed to be, the goalkeeping coach Lochillion wants to see him in action in big game apparently

Found this : http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item846821/Courtois-relishing-Chelsea-showdown/

Thibaut Courtois is looking forward to taking on his parent club when Atletico Madrid take on Chelsea in the UEFA Super Cup on Friday.

Courtois, who is currently in the second season of his two-year loan spell at Atletico, joined Chelsea last summer from Genk but was immediately loaned out to gain first-team experience.

Since then, he has established himself as the number one goalkeeper at the Vicente Calderon, helping the Rojiblancos to the Europa League title.
    And having earned a place in the Super Cup with that triumph, Courtois admits he is looking forward to prove his worth against the reigning Champions League champions at the Stade Louis II on Friday.

"It's special for me as the game is against my own club," the Belgian told UEFA.com. "But I play for Atletico now.
    "It's me against Chelsea and I want to win it."

And while the 20-year-old wished the Blues players to best of luck, he insists he is determined to bring the trophy back to Madrid.

"I keep my fingers crossed for them, for all my friends at Chelsea, and my Belgium team-mates who play there now," Courtois added.

"I wish them the best of luck, but I want to win the Super Cup. I hope that it will be a good match and may the better team win."

Chelsea currently have five Belgians on their books, including summer signings Eden and Thorgen Hazard, and Kevin de Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku, who are currently on loan at Werder Bremen and West Brom respectively

Supposed to be, the goalkeeping coach Lochillion wants to see him in action in big game apparently

I think hes excellent, hes only 20, hes 6ft 6" and he has very good reflexes and he isnt afraid to come for crosses.

I'd love for him to put in an excellent display but ultimately be on the lsoing side. :pac:

I know this is only a glorified Community Shield but if it came down to Penalties regardless of who won it could be seen as a conflict of interest for him, I'm glad he is playing as im looking forward to see how he'll get on, but if he makes a genuine mistake that we score from how will the Athletico fans see it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I know this is only a glorified Community Shield.......

Only if we lose.

If we win, it's the SUPER CUP.

• Advertisement

I know this is only a glorified Community Shield but if it came down to Penalties regardless of who won it could be seen as a conflict of interest for him, I'm glad he is playing as im looking forward to see how he'll get on, but if he makes a genuine mistake that we score from how will the Athletico fans see it ?

TBF even though we're his parent club then his loyalties are in the A.Madrid camp, hes been there for the last 16 months and hes been a good performer for them.

If it goes to penalties he'll only want his team to win and will be doing his best to impress throughout the match, he was signed as one for the future and I think one day he will replace Cech.

Of all our players on loan hes the one that stands out as a guy that could easily make it at this level and hes certainly good enough to be at the least our 2nd choice but a young keeper like him should be playing as much as possible and I'm glad hes taking his chance in Spain.

RichT wrote: »
    Only if we lose.

If we win, it's the SUPER CUP.

Liverpool & Forest are the only teams to win it from England as UCL winners, something I hope we can add to anyway. ;)

Liverpool & Forest are the only teams to win it from England as UCL winners, something I hope we can add to anyway. ;)

Pedantic point, but forest have never won the UCL. I get your point though.

Pedantic point, but forest have never won the UCL. I get your point though.

Dya want me to change it to European Champions so, will that make it better? :p

Dya want me to change it to European Champions so, will that make it better? :p

Nah, leave it...... it shows that the all knowing great MODS are human too :D

Thanks for that. ;):p

^^
    :eek: I've been Boaraped!

I take it you don't know Gav is a wanker?

^^
    :eek: I've been Boaraped!

Mwhahaha :cool:
    I take it you don't know Gav is a wanker?

You're lucky I know what context that is meant in :p

• Advertisement

Edited because I can :p

......So have you been going around and editing out all the positive points that The Monkey posts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement