Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mwhahaha :cool:

You're lucky I know what context that is meant in :p

I have a free pass to call you a wanker from now on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

RichT wrote: »
    ......So have you been going around and editing out all the positive points that The Monkey posts?

the_monkey seems to have disappeared :(

I used to enjoy his posts, used to make my Monday reading his post weekend analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I used to enjoy his posts, used to make my Monday reading his post weekend analysis.

Well, three wins outa three...... not really Monkey material is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He stopped posting here because gav was a huer for editing his posts to make them sound negative, his posts are actually quite upbeat...
    Bad dog gav, bad dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RichT wrote: »
    ......So have you been going around and editing out all the positive points that The Monkey posts?

Ssssshhhhhh :eek:
    amiable wrote: »
    I have a free pass to c:(all you a wanker from now on :D

Well if its a matter of fact I suppose I cant say anything.
    Panthro wrote: »
    He stopped posting here because gav was a huer for editing his posts to make them sound negative, his posts are actually quite upbeat...
    Bad dog gav, bad dog.

Ssssshhhh ye're going to ruin it for me :pac:

Note to self edit it all negative posts about me too positive ones :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Ssssshhhh ye're going to ruin it for me :pac:

Note to self edit it all negative posts about me too positive ones :pac:

Gav Gav Gav, you see your doing it wrong. You have to Ninja edit then leave no edit note which means nobody will be the wiser as to you editing the post.

You'll learn the tricks of the trade soon enough :pac:

Aquila wrote: »
    Any other rumours?

Elvis is alive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Any other rumours?

Duncan Castles reporting that we're in for Loic Remy, good player but I don't really think we really need him, he also says spurs and City are interested also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Duncan Castles reporting that we're in for Loic Remy, good player but I don't really think we really need him, he also says spurs and City are interested also

Chelsea are deffo looking for a cheap backup striker, RDM never seems convinced by Danny and a third striker, if cheap enough , woul dbe a good addition as I think we need one what with the number of games we play, injuries etc

• Advertisement

Chelsea are deffo looking for a cheap backup striker, RDM never seems convinced by Danny and a third striker, if cheap enough , woul dbe a good addition as I think we need one what with the number of games we play, injuries etc

Ye I suppose he's not a bad squad player, one attribute he has which we're lacking up front at the moment is a player whos good in the air. Hopefully if the deal is happening it envolves Malouda going the other way

Still..would love Hulk and Falcao at the bridge.:pac:

So would any team tbh but we can't complain about the signings we''ve made it's been a great window for us business wise

Tking from the UCL thread :

Originally Posted by citytillidie viewpost.gif
    Group Stage Seeding from Wiki so not 100% sure if correct

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)
    Barcelona (ESP)
    Man United (ENG)
    Bayern Muchen (GER)
    Real Madrid (ESP)
    Arsenal (ENG)
    FC Porto (POR)
    AC Milan (ITA)

Pot 2
    Valencia (ESP)
    Benfica (POR)
    Shakhtat Donetsk (UKR)
    Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
    Shalke 04 (GER)
    Man City (ENG)
    SC Braga (POR)
    FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

Pot 3
    Olympiacos (GRE)
    Ajax Amesterdam (NED)
    RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
    Juventus (ITA)
    FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)
    Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA)
    Galatasaray (TUR)

Pot 4
    Celtic FC (SCO)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER)
    FC BATE Borisov (BLR)
    GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
    CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU)
    Málaga CF (ESP)
    Montpellier (FRA)
    Nordsjaellan (DEN)

What I want :

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)

Pot 2
    SC Braga (POR)

Pot 3
    RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

Pot 4
    Nordsjaellan (DEN)

What I want to avoid :

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)

Pot 2
    Shakhtat Donetsk (UKR)

Pot 3
    Juventus (ITA)

Pot 4
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER)

That pot 3 is looking fairly handy, some good teams I'd like to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Think I'd prefer Juventus to PSG out of Pot 3.

Techless wrote: »
    Think I'd prefer Juventus to PSG out of Pot 3.

PSG, despite their impressive looking squad havnt really started well this season.

Pot 3 is definetly a very dangerous pot, a lot of very good teams in their and theres not too many easy games to be had from them.

I wouldn't mind our group being

Chelsea

Braga

Olympiacos

Celtic

Obviously every team wants an easy group, but I think going into the competition as European champions whatever group we get we should be expected to come through it.

I wouldn't mind our group being

Chelsea

Braga

Olympiacos

Celtic

Obviously every team wants an easy group, but I think going into the competition as European champions whatever group we get we should be expected to come through it.

Sure if we get Celtic the old Headhunters would have a field day.
    Sarcasm

I agree though on the draw, as Champions we should give a good account of ourselves but this year more so then most, it doesnt matter if you finsih 1st or 2nd, there is going to be very few easy games from this years UCL.

Sure if we get Celtic the old Headhunters would have a field day.
    Sarcasm

I agree though on the draw, as Champions we should give a good account of ourselves but this year more so then most, it doesnt matter if you finsih 1st or 2nd, there is going to be very few easy games from this years UCL.

Thats why it would be all the more sweeter when we'd beat them :D

It does look like its going to be a tough competition this year hopefully we have some luck left over from last year :pac:

Thats why it would be all the more sweeter when we'd beat them :D

It does look like its going to be a tough competition this year hopefully we have some luck left over from last year :pac:

I'd say we've used about 3 seasons worth a luck in the Barca away leg and the Final itself. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Any one know if Marin is back training?
    He will be a good option to have on the bench.

Should be a pretty much full squad for tommorow bar Terry if Marin is included. Will prob go with our tried and trusted line up to start with but id imagine Moses will get some time on the pitch too.

Wonder if RDM will start Ramires on the right or will he play Moses from the start? A couple of option now for Robbie. I hope to see Ramires pushed back to the two in midfield.

what a day wrote: »

Should be a pretty much full squad for tommorow bar Terry if Marin is included. Will prob go with our tried and trusted line up to start with but id imagine Moses will get some time on the pitch too.

Wonder if RDM will start Ramires on the right or will he play Moses from the start? A couple of option now for Robbie. I hope to see Ramires pushed back to the two in midfield.

If Ramires is fit he'll start I reckon, I dont think he'll throw Moses in at the deep end and I dont think he'll drop Ivanovic either so Azpilicueta will have to wait for his chance for the moment but our squad now is lookking very impressive, we have some real quality from the bench that can influence the game when brought on, Oscar, Danny, Moses.

Times are looking good.

What time is the UCL draw at lads?

I think its either 4:45 or 5, coverage start at 4:30 regardless and SSN will be on it straight away, final is in Wembley next year so it would be brillant to go to Wembley and win it their, easier said then done though.

I have a feeling Moses will start out on the right, Ramires is just too good coming through the middle to be left out there especially now that we have players to fill that position. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I have a feeling Moses will start out on the right, Ramires is just too good coming through the middle to be left out there especially now that we have players to fill that position. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I think you could be right Caveman. I wouldn be suprized to see Moses start but some one will have to be dropped, lampard Mikel Ramires?

I think we should start with Moses and Mikel and have Ramires as an option on the bench. Moses has got a good work rate so he will be willing to track back and protect Ivan.

Mikel should start in his role instead of Ramires just because Mikel is tried and trusted there.

What I expect :

Atletico: Courtois, Silvio, Miranda, Godin, Filipe, Gabi, Suarez, Dominguez, Arda Turan, Adrian, Falcao

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

Lamps
    Mikel

Ramires
    Hazard
    Mata

Torres

Falcao

Adrian
    Arda Turan
    Domingquez

Suarez
    Gabi

Filipe
    Godin
    Miranda
    Silvio

Courtois

I think you could be right Caveman. I wouldn be suprized to see Moses start but some one will have to be dropped, lampard Mikel Ramires?

I think we should start with Moses and Mikel and have Ramires as an option on the bench. Moses has got a good work rate so he will be willing to track back and protect Ivan.

Mikel should start in his role instead of Ramires just because Mikel is tried and trusted there.

I think it'll be Mikel and Lamps in CM, as you said thats tried and trusted but in the coming games I can see Ramires being played alongside Mikel, with Lamps making way.

One thing I've noticed with RDM is that his team selection is always a little un predictable, I wouldnt be surprised to see Bertrand out on the left wing or even Azpilicueta starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think it'll be Mikel and Lamps in CM, as you said thats tried and trusted but in the coming games I can see Ramires being played alongside Mikel, with Lamps making way.

One thing I've noticed with RDM is that his team selection is always a little un predictable, I wouldnt be surprised to see Bertrand out on the left wing or even Azpilicueta starting.
    That's what I like about Roberto, he's not afraid to throw a few curve balls with his selections.

• Advertisement

Bertrand, Cahill, Cole, Terry, Lampard & Sturridge all selected for England for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers, what a few months Bertrand has had, his career has sky rocketed.

Some realy good players in that Atletico team!
    I dont watch Atletico play much at all TBH, do they usually play the same formation as us?

Falcao should get plenty of service with those players behind him, Luiz will ahve to be carefull with his tackling against some tricky attacking players like Turan and Adrian.

As for DiMatteo he sure aint afraid to play his wildcard and could start Bertrand with Hazard in the middle and Mata on the right. Great that we have good options now in Midfield.

I think you could be right Caveman, Lamps could eventually be our supersub and Ramires slipping into midifeld, especially with lamps only have a year left on his contract we will want to have a replacement ready made before Lamps goes to the USA.

I really hope Oriol gets more games this season and as some one mentioned there could be a reason behind Oriol not playing that many games considering how well he played when he did. Could be massive add ons considering his succsess or a buy back clause bing triggered. Also Ramires has to play more games beside Mikel.

We should have enough to see off A.Madrid.

Theyve a good team and will push for a UCL spot this year but I'm hoping we can dd to the silverware, be excellent if we could win this and the Club World Cup when that rolls around, be a brillant haul of trophies for Robbie.

We should have enough to see off A.Madrid.

Theyve a good team and will push for a UCL spot this year but I'm hoping we can dd to the silverware, be excellent if we could win this and the Club World Cup when that rolls around, be a brillant haul of trophies for Robbie.

I was watching the Super Cup final last night with Real and Barca and thought to myself it would be pretty sweet to have that World Club Champions badge on the jersey, one cup at a time I suppose :D

I was watching the Super Cup final last night with Real and Barca and thought to myself it would be pretty sweet to have that World Club Champions badge on the jersey, one cup at a time I suppose :D

It'll only be allowed in the UCL though, the FA wont allow it. :(

All the better at least then the whole of Europe would be reminded who's WORLD Champions and not just England :D

• Advertisement

A gold star and World Champions badge sounds nice alright. ;)

Yossi on twitter has said hes in talks with 2 EPL clubs about a loan move.

Another waste of a year for Chelsea and him although he was always going to struggle within our current squad and options.

Actually while we're on the subject, Why were Barcelona allowed to wear it on their jerseys last night? Is it just an FA thing,not allowing it to be worn?

Actually while we're on the subject, Why were Barcelona allowed to wear it on their jerseys last night? Is it just an FA thing,not allowing it to be worn?

Thats exactly it, there was something about when Utd won it in 2008 that they couldnt wear it as the FA made a ruling, but they were free to use it during the UCL.

I'll try Goggle something.

Yossi on twitter has said hes in talks with 2 EPL clubs about a loan move.

Another waste of a year for Chelsea and him although he was always going to struggle within our current squad and options.

What a waste of Money, not a bad player at all but we barely played him. How the hell do we sanction some player buys is beyond me. Sidwell Ben Haim Yossi that Brazilian DM that never played for us, such realy poor buys over the years. I know we can buy a player and it does not work out but some players we bought were terrible deals altogether.

• Advertisement

What a waste of Money, not a bad player at all but we barely played him. How the hell do we sanction some player buys is beyond me. Sidwell Ben Haim Yossi that Brazilian DM that never played for us, such realy poor buys over the years. I know we can buy a player and it does not work out but some players we bought were terrible deals altogether.

Boulahrouz was another that much was spoke about and he was useless. :pac:

Bogarde anybody, although his deal was so comical its just funny when ya look back on it.

What was that Brazilain's name? Wasnt he about 33 when he joined to? Thats going to wreck my head.

Quick Goggle tells me it was Mineiro, 2 games, 1 start, what a record ha.

Thats it Minerio or some thing like that.
    I could understand the Boularouz one he supposidly had potential but why the Fook spend millions on players and dont play them. I suppose we had excuses to buy Sidwell and Ben Haim but come on, why didn we just get a player on loan or some thing.

I could understand the Boularouz one he supposidly had potential but why the Fook spend millions on players and dont play them. I suppose we had excuses to buy Sidwell and Ben Haim but come on, why didn we just get a player on loan or some thing.

Best job in the world is an agent of player that Chelsea are interested in, you're nearly guarnteed to be getting a big wedge of cash from it.

:pac:

RDM has said in his pre match conference that Marin Malouda & Benayoun havnt traveled, obviously Marin is injured and Benayoun has said he's leaving so it looks like Malouda is on his way too

Here's some of what RDM had to say:
    RDM: "Atletico are a very good team who won the Europa League last season, they have very talented players

RDM: "We shouldn't forget how hard it was to get here, but it's a European trophy and I'm taking it seriously, we want to win it,"

RDM: "Benayoun, Malouda and Marin haven't travelled, everybody else is here,"

RDM: "Torres has started the season very well but we also have Daniel Sturridge, competition for places is very important,

RDM: "I have seen Falcao a lot, he's a fantastic player, one of the best strikers in the world and he will be a big threat,

RDM: "I'm pleased with our start and the way we've been playing. We can still improve but a good start breeds confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sidwell wad a free and had a great season for Reading the year before. But i think a payout from Chelsea had to be given before he would move on. De Lucas was the worst signing I can think of. Never or rarely won with him on the pitch. winning a match de Lucas comes on points dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Here we go boys, Group E. Please avoid PSG,Juve,Shaketar and Dortmund

Balls Shakhtar second seed in our group

TheStook wrote: »
    Here we go boys, Group E. Please avoid PSG,Juve,Shaketar and Dortmund

Balls Shakhtar second seed in our group

Shakthar Isn't that bad I don't think, it'll be a tough place to go but we should at least get 4 points from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Could be going better so far...

TheStook jinxed us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

kessler182 wrote: »
    Could be going better so far...

Juventus, christ

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement