Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Not the best draw so far hopefully we get a handy team next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

That'll do for the last one I suppose

Aquila wrote: »
    Lets not all get doomy and gloomy just yet!

Easy group :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Shakhtar, Juventus and Fc Nordjsuhduicnenuwecd....We should definitely get through here although we must get maximum points at home and much will depend on our away performances especially in Shakhtar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Tking from the UCL thread :

Originally Posted by citytillidie viewpost.gif
    Group Stage Seeding from Wiki so not 100% sure if correct

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)
    Barcelona (ESP)
    Man United (ENG)
    Bayern Muchen (GER)
    Real Madrid (ESP)
    Arsenal (ENG)
    FC Porto (POR)
    AC Milan (ITA)

Pot 2
    Valencia (ESP)
    Benfica (POR)
    Shakhtat Donetsk (UKR)
    Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
    Shalke 04 (GER)
    Man City (ENG)
    SC Braga (POR)
    FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

Pot 3
    Olympiacos (GRE)
    Ajax Amesterdam (NED)
    RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
    Juventus (ITA)
    FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)
    Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA)
    Galatasaray (TUR)

Pot 4
    Celtic FC (SCO)
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER)
    FC BATE Borisov (BLR)
    GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
    CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU)
    Málaga CF (ESP)
    Montpellier (FRA)
    Nordsjaellan (DEN)

What I want :

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)

Pot 2
    SC Braga (POR)

Pot 3
    RSC Anderlecht (BEL)

Pot 4
    Nordsjaellan (DEN)

What I want to avoid :

Pot 1
    Chelsea (ENG)

Pot 2
    Shakhtat Donetsk (UKR)

Pot 3
    Juventus (ITA)

Pot 4
    Borussia Dortrmund (GER)

That pot 3 is looking fairly handy, some good teams I'd like to avoid.

Predicted 2 of the teams Id hope we avoid but we got them. Woe is me. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Once again man united draw one of the easiest groups, jammy bastids! Wouldn't fancy city's draw though!

Anyone know what date our fixtures are? and also who are we playing on those dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what date our fixtures are? and also who are we playing on those dates?

I dont think our lineups will be released until shortly before the game, plus it will depend on form and injuries and such

Once again man united draw one of the easiest groups, jammy bastids! Wouldn't fancy city's draw though!

Didnt help them last year did it? :pac:

chelseafc: Sep 19 Juve (h), Oct 2 Nordsjaelland (a), Oct 23 Shakhtar (a), Nov 7 Shakhtar (h), Nov 20 Juve (a), Dec 5 Nords (h).

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Didnt help them last year did it? :pac:[/Quote]

I suppose not, makes it all the more enjoyable watching them being humiliated again by the smaller sides!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

chelseafc: Sep 19 Juve (h), Oct 2 Nordsjaelland (a), Oct 23 Shakhtar (a), Nov 7 Shakhtar (h), Nov 20 Juve (a), Dec 5 Nords (h).

Was worried about this fixture as could have been played in 'testing' conditions if it had been one of the later fixtures, but I think the temperature will still be in the + figures in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

That's a horrible trip to make with a massive game v Man United that week. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Telegraph say Chelsea will sign Schurrle

amiable wrote: »
    Telegraph say Chelsea will sign Schurrle

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80492182&postcount=5062

And it looks like Sturridge is joining Liverpool on loan

blue-army wrote: »
    That's a horrible trip to make with a massive game v Man United that week. :mad:

True but united will also have to play that week and we're home so it's not the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

True but united will also have to play that week and we're home so it's not the worst
    We're playing in the Ukraine, they're home to Braga! It's unfortunate how it worked out, but that's why we've such a big squad a guess!!

• Advertisement

A lot of the rags reporting today that we will sign Schurle, good player can also play in a few different positions.

Does a player have to complete a medical to go on loan ? I ask because if its to be believed that Sturridge is going to Liverpool on loan surely Chelsea wont allow him to leave before tonights game to do one ?

A lot of the rags reporting today that we will sign Schurle, good player can also play in a few different positions.

Does a player have to complete a medical to go on loan ? I ask because if its to be believed that Sturridge is going to Liverpool on loan surely Chelsea wont allow him to leave before tonights game to do one ?

Surely we wont be sending Danny anywhere, no point if he has a year left on his contract and we have no cover other then Torres.

Surely we wont be sending Danny anywhere, no point if he has a year left on his contract and we have no cover other then Torres.

Was just thinking that myself, better off just selling him or else keeping him.

Thats the one thing that bugs me about Chelsea we always just loan players out till their contracts run out rather than just selling them and making a few quid

Not sure if its been mentioned already but Chelsea will play Wolves at home in the 3rd round of the league cup.

Players do have medicals for loan moves. Andy Carroll had one yesterday with West Ham.
    But in saying that a medical is not always done to complete a deal. Sometimes a player will sign a contract and accept liability if they fail the medical after the deadline. Arteta to Arsenal is one such case with that happening I do believe.

The loan deal for Sturridge does sound weird as Gav points out he's in last year of his contract unless Chelsea had an option clause for a year extension included in the original contract similar to Berbatov at United.

There is something happening with Sturridge. What it is I don't know

Was just thinking that myself, better off just selling him or else keeping him.

Thats the one thing that bugs me about Chelsea we always just loan players out till their contracts run out rather than just selling them and making a few quid

Sometimeswe just cant find a club for them and a club wont want to pay a transfer fee to get a player, its risky to say we'll leave a contract run down as the player can jumo ship then but its something thats happening more and more these days, although some agents will try and push a transfer rather then a free one as they'll see morebenefits from it.
    Not sure if its been mentioned already but Chelsea will play Wolves at home in the 3rd round of the league cup.

Handy enough, should see us through to the nezt round if we send out a decent squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Had a close escape, could have been the mighty Northampton Town. Glad its not really. How to choose between 2 favourite children?

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Had a close escape, could have been the mighty Northampton Town. Glad its not really. How to choose between 2 favourite children?

Fight to the death?

Solves all future selection headaches. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

would I be right in saying there have been no indications that Sturridge is going to sign a new deal?

• Advertisement

would I be right in saying there have been no indications that Sturridge is going to sign a new deal?

Sounds about right, theres been no indication from either camp about a contract offer.

I think if we do sign another striker today we'll see Danny getting sold at a knock down price, better then losing him for free in 9/10 months as I just dont think he wants to be second choice to anyone given his age and ability.

There hasn't been any talk of it, if Chelsea bring in another striker I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold, if nobody is bought to replace him then I can see him staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Might all be a ploy to sell him today for a decent price. Maybe they are hoping AVB will come in with a decent offer .
    There hasn't been any talk of it, if Chelsea bring in another striker I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold, if nobody is bought to replace him then I can see him staying

If Chelsea win tonight I wonder if JT will lift the cup :pac:

The match thread will explode if he does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Hello, would you know where can I get tickets for Chelsea - Juve (guest side, sorry :P ) .....I checked on the Chelsea site and can't find them :(

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?orgid=24457&agency=CHELSEA_PUBLIC

Thanks for your help...

TripleAce wrote: »
    Hello, would you know where can I get tickets for Chelsea - Juve (guest side, sorry :P ) .....I checked on the Chelsea site and can't find them :(

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?orgid=24457&agency=CHELSEA_PUBLIC

Thanks for your help...

Whcih side, the Juventus end?

No chance of getting them for Chelsea anyway for a start if thats what ya want and if your looking for Chelsea tickets they wont be up yet but keep checking they should be up in the near future.

If Chelsea win tonight I wonder if JT will lift the cup :pac:

The match thread will explode if he does

How about rocking up in an Atlei kit and celebrating with them if they win?

:pac:

Whcih side, the Juventus end?

No chance of getting them for Chelsea anyway for a start if thats what ya want and if your looking for Chelsea tickets they wont be up yet but keep checking they should be up in the near future.

yes Juve end, I'd love to go see this game but really struggle to find info yet...will keep checking, thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RA has won his legal battle with Berezovsky anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19433325

• Advertisement

yes Juve end, I'd love to go see this game but really struggle to find info yet...will keep checking, thanks ;)

You could try
    Viagogo
    but their glorified touts IMO.

If you can manage to pick up a ticket through the Juventus members side you'll struggle and even at that, Juventus travel really well across Europe so I'd say it will sell out on their side fairly fast.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    RA has won his legal battle with Berezovsky anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19433325

Handy, that will save Roman £3 Billion. :eek:

Time to order a new yacht I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Handy, that will save Roman £3 Billion. :eek:

Time to order a new yacht I'd say.

Falcao and Hulk, we're coming to get ye

Techless wrote: »
    Falcao and Hulk, we're coming to get ye

If I was ever saving £3 Billion I'd be knocking on Barcelona's door for Messi or Santos for Neymar.

:o

You could try
    Viagogo
    but their glorified touts IMO.

If you can manage to pick up a ticket through the Juventus members side you'll struggle and even at that, Juventus travel really well across Europe so I'd say it will sell out on their side fairly fast.

I found this site ...never been to Stamford Bridge before though, which is the guests side? :confused:

I found this site ...never been to Stamford Bridge before though, which is the guests side? :confused:

Wont load in work but I'd be VERY careful of using anything other then official club sites.

The away fans are put in the Shed end upper & lower starting in the corner and depending on the llocation can end up parallel to the goal post nearest to the corner flag, its the smallest stand in the stadium think the capacity is about 6,800 or something and away tickets will probably be in and around 1500-2000 I'd say.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Aquila wrote: »
    Any incoming rumors lads?or is today all about players leaving?

Lads iv heard Hulk wont be moving :(

Shurrle looks like our primary target now and we have been in talks with Napoli over Cavani but not much has come from it yet.

Cavani is still a slight chance but apparently Shurrle is the favourite to come in. Sturridge could be on the way out though :(

I also heard some more players will be released if we dont find clubs for them, id imagine its Malouda and Yossi.

what a day wrote: »
    Lads iv heard Hulk wont be moving :(

Shurrle looks like our primary target now and we have been in talks with Napoli over Cavani but not much has come from it yet.

Cavani is still a slight chance but apparently Shurrle is the favourite to come in. Sturridge could be on the way out though :(

I also heard some more players will be released if we dont find clubs for them, id imagine its Malouda and Yossi.

I'd say its Malouda, hes on big wages and is going to be nowhere near the squad and may prove difficult to move on so a pay off and a termination could be in order, its the Roman way. :pac:

Surprisingly quiet in here today maybe too quiet :cool:

So lads who do you's think we'll sign ? I reckon we'll probably make one more addition to the squad, not sure who though.

Twitter is very quiet on the Chelsea front, maybe all our work is done. I'd be more than happy with the squad the way it is but its kind of disappointing not signing someone on transfer day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think we are done and dusted.
    A few may go out but dont think we'll see anymore come in.
    Surprisingly quiet in here today maybe too quiet :cool:

So lads who do you's think we'll sign ? I reckon we'll probably make one more addition to the squad, not sure who though.

Twitter is very quiet on the Chelsea front, maybe all our work is done. I'd be more than happy with the squad the way it is but its kind of disappointing not signing someone on transfer day

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement