Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I rhink the whole of Europe is laughing at our performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I rhink the whole of Europe is laughing at our performance.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Essien to real Madrid ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

did rdm confirm no new signings?

• Advertisement

Fine the players, nobody looked bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

did rdm confirm no new signings?

Still time to buy a defence.........and central midfield:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It just looked like nobody wanted to know, cant believe how slow our play was, RDM made ridiculous choices tonight, he should of hauled off a few at half time, no point in making changes when we're 3 goals down and 10 mins to go

Jan window it is then!

• Advertisement

Thorgan Hazard gone out on loan to a belgian club SV something or other.

Yossi to West Ham......hes on £92k a week wtf. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Kakuta also gone on loan..

He looked a real talent when he was in the youth team, not worked out for him as of yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Midfield is a problem area for us and we were over run tonight. Our midfield is not good enough.

None of our midfielders can dictate, control a game or break up play. We should of invested money in strengthening our midfield rather than wasting money on Moses, who IMO we don't need.

I said it before, we will get found out in the bigger matches against the bigger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Mata should have been rested and not played tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well now ! Missed the game but from what I have heard is was very poor from us ,

Not the worst time in the season to get a kick up the ass , complacency sets in very quickly with Chelsea for some reason , a couple of win's and so players think all they have to do is turn up .

Thankfully it was this cup and not the league , fair play to AM from what I have heard of the game they were top class !

That performance tonight reminded me of AVB for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Ashely Cole had this to say on twitter!
    Ashley Cole ‏@TheRealAC3 Wellll that was a lesson, absolute joke no fight, desire, passion, and a big reality check!!!!!! #sorrycfcfans

... and Essien has joined Real Madrid on loan. :(

Worst deadline day in a while for us!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ashley Cole ‏@TheRealAC3
    Wellll that was a lesson, absolute joke no fight, desire, passion, and a big reality check!!!!!! #sorrycfcfans

blue-army wrote: »

Why Essien , was no longer a first team player ?

And we got given a valuable lesson tonight that we dont just have to show up to win things !

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »

Ashley speaks the truth. Its not bad weve got rid of a few but weve sifned excellent prospects weeks ago and thats when the real deals were done and not the panic buying we sometimes see.

Happy with Oscar, Marin, Hazard, Azpilicueta.

Undecided about Moses.

Good to see Yossi and Essien go they would offer little for us at the moment.

Aquila wrote: »
    Lads I am genuinely worried about our defending.mentioned it before during preseason but i am staunch in that worry.we were piss poor tonight

Yeah but it's not just the back line that's the problem, there was no closing down in midfield or up front. We need to defend as a team and we were way too open tonight. I am more worried about our midfield (lamps and mikel). If I see ramires played on the right again I will be pissed off, he is NOT a winger and looks lost out there. I don't see why RDM does not play him as a box to box midfielder alongside mikel.

Oscar dos Santos Jr. ‏@Oficial10Oscar
    Unfortunately we could not win the Super Cup, is now continuing the work and right the wrongs! Sorry @chelseafc fans!!

This is great to see players coming out and holding there hands up , Im looking forward to our next match there will be a backlash from us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Drogba released and now a free agent !?

Brenndaaaann

You could have him back by Monday .

AVB havig a nightmare start at Spurs.

Leiva wrote: »
    Drogba released and now a free agent !?

Brenndaaaann

You could have him back by Monday .

Id say Marseille bound, I cant see him playing for another EPL club other then Chelsea and I cant see us going back for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Drogba is most likely to go to the MLS I think!

• Advertisement

Drogba about a month ago....

"I will take time to make the right decision. My wife and I will go and relax a bit, even though there are national team games. I won’t play for another English club. I owe too much allegiance to Chelsea.

“My blood is blue. I will really miss the fans but they will always be in my heart
    .”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Anyone else think we should of took 30m (reported) for Luiz and re-invested it in Hummells? I love the guy but i'm not sure he is ever going to be reliable enough for us to fully trust him.

justshane wrote: »
    Anyone else think we should of took 30m (reported) for Luiz and re-invested it in Hummells? I love the guy but i'm not sure he is ever going to be reliable enough for us to fully trust him.

Think back to the last few games of the season, Luiz was immense, there's no doubt about his talent, he will go on to be a world class defender he just needs to learn to stay focused and also realize that you dont have to try win the ball at every opportunity.

I would of been really disappointed had Chelsea sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

that link doesnt work

Daily Mail are running a story linking the Blues with Falcao
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196970/Radamel-Falcao-join-Chelsea-48m-January.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bertrand with the Blues for another 5years according to the Daily Mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197079/Ryan-Bertrand-signs-new-Chelsea-contract.html

Top of the league and 100% record going into the international break, excellent start. :pac:

• Advertisement

Quick question, whats the one player you want to see more then anything else in the summer?

Realistically we're not going to get a Messi or a Ronaldo so that rules both them out.

One player each and why, be interesting to see what comes up, but I expect alot of people will say Hulk or Falcao, also because its international break theres going to be very little talk in here for the next few days. :p

Quick question, whats the one player you want to see more then anything else in the summer?

Realistically we're not going to get a Messi or a Ronaldo so that rules both them out.

One player each and why, be interesting to see what comes up, but I expect alot of people will say Hulk or Falcao, also because its international break theres going to be very little talk in here for the next few days. :p
    How about Hulk and Falcao together
    Dr.-Evil.jpg

You ruined the game after one post, I give up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc4cBB0uN7bHF1haCQK2Z3Rp-MyWnUcrqBWOpHMmH5gnVPzRXy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Not sure if mentioned already but it seems Meireles is off to Fenerbahce

amiable wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned already but it seems Meireles is off to Fenerbahce

Is their transfer window still open? :confused:

Be a good move all round if its true, could lead to more game time for Romeu as we'd be light in CM with Josh and Essien already leaving the club.

It would definitely have to be Falcao, although Torres seems like he's coming back to form, a formidable goal scorer seems like the missing part of the puzzle.

Also for some reason I thought Falcao was a lot older than 26. he looks about 30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Turkish Transfer window still open. Fenerbahce have confirmed they are intalks with Meireles

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Turkish Transfer window still open. Fenerbahce have confirmed they are intalks with Meireles

Maybe they will pay Malouda his 85k a week too :rolleyes:

Caveman1 wrote: »
    It would definitely have to be Falcao, although Torres seems like he's coming back to form, a formidable goal scorer seems like the missing part of the puzzle.

Also for some reason I thought Falcao was a lot older than 26. he looks about 30

Torres could match Falcao for goals if he was hit as early as Falcao, everything Atlei do in the final thrid is geared towards finding Falcao, but its not just that, Falcao's desire and willingness to get into positions make him a formidable threat even if he doesnt score, which is rare, hes like a magnet for the ball and hes an excellent finisher with either leg.

Not saying Torres will get 35-40 goals but the team now is better suited to provide him with the opportunities to be able to get goals.

Any idea of a figure, maybe £8 million I'd reckon would be good value for all involved.

Maybe they will pay Malouda his 85k a week too :rolleyes:

After Roman's court case he shouldnt be skimpy with the wonga, just pay him off FFS and let it be that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement