Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

Meireles is a good player, not good news if he goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_djoker wrote: »
    Meireles is a good player, not good news if he goes....

I'm not so sure TBH.

He can be good, but often hes not and he wouldnt stick his toe in the bath let alone a hefty tackle in CM.

He could be useful for the season but if Romeu can play reguarly and Ramires is used in his actual position we'll be sorted for cover in there, with Lamps, Mikel, Ramries, Romeu.

Although when you look at it like that, we desperately need a CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »

Any idea of a figure, maybe £8 million I'd reckon would be good value for all involved.

No idea. I just noticed Fenerbahce had announced they are in discussions with him. Been snowed under with work today for a change.

amiable wrote: »
    No idea. I just noticed Fenerbahce had announced they are in discussions with him. Been snowed under with work today for a change.

Same as myself, busy out the start of the month and end of the month, middle 2 weeks are easy street. ;) :cool:

Anyone that didnt see it, U21's 5-0 win over Wolves.

Extended highlights.

Same as myself, busy out the start of the month and end of the month, middle 2 weeks are easy street. ;) :cool:

Chelsea will receive €10million for the transfer of Raul Meireles to Fenerbahce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Meireles joins Fenerbache (Sky Sports)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Meireles joins Fenerbache (Sky Sports)

He was a good enough player for us in all fairness, not our best signing by any means but certainly not one of our worst. Scored some nice goals for us against Benfica and Birmingham. 10m is good business, I believe we paid 13m for him so could have been a lot worse. I wish him all the best in Turkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Hulk to zenit, thankfully that's the end of that saga.

Hulk yo Zenit has saved us money thank god.

Hulk yo Zenit has saved us money thank god.

I have to be honest and say I think he is over rated. £40 million is crazy money for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

LOL at Zenit if they dpent that on Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Not sure what i make of the Meireles transfer. Not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but then again we don't have a great midfield selection(obviously not including the 3 behind the striker, the pivot postion). I would of perfered to keep him another season especially with Josh on loan and Essien has more than likely pl\yed his last game for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Where did Meireles go this season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Glad he is gone. He didn't want to be at the club so on your bike son.

amiable wrote: »
    I have to be honest and say I think he is over rated. £40 million is crazy money for him.

I'd agree on all points, I think hes a decent player but not worth that money and its better invested elsewhere for us. Like a CM hopefully in the summer next year.
    kryogen wrote: »
    Where did Meireles go this season?

Fenerbache, for a reported £10 Million which is a good bit of buisness for us, we didnt really lose all that much on buying him from Liverpool, 2,3 million or something.

Although it does leave us light in the middle since we loaned 2 other CM's, I think CM is our weakest position right now and one that needs addressing by next summer at the very latest.

We'll have Mikel going to the African cup and if Lamps or Ramires gets injured we only have Romeu as a senior player for CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Aquila wrote: »
    I wonder are they eyeing up someone for CM because we are so light in that part of the team?

Oscar i think

I think ye look very flimsy at CM now lads.

Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Ramires doesn't look brilliant to me. Ye were right to ditch Essien and Meireles but not without replacements lined up first.

Someone a la Scholes in his prime at CM is whats needed next Summer: someone to run the show.

• Advertisement

I think ye look very flimsy at CM now lads.

Mikel, Lampard, Romeu, Ramires doesn't look brilliant to me. Ye were right to ditch Essien and Meireles but not without replacements lined up first.

Someone a la Scholes in his prime at CM is whats needed next Summer: someone to run the show.

Nearly every team on the planet needs one of them though, thats the problem.

Players like Gerrard/Lampard are doing it but only in very limited capacity now and not as often as 3-5 years ago, same goes for Scholes himself.

We do need a new CM or a new pair of CM's but trying to identify them and get them will be a big task, I honestly thought we'd go in for Fellaini this summer and ship Essien in the other direction.

MacEchran is our biggest hope but hes still short of making it at the hgihest level and taking a starting spot and making it his own.

Nearly every team on the planet needs one of them though, thats the problem.

Players like Gerrard/Lampard are doing it but only in very limited capacity now and not as often as 3-5 years ago, same goes for Scholes himself.

We do need a new CM or a new pair of CM's but trying to identify them and get them will be a big task, I honestly thought we'd go in for Fellaini this summer and ship Essien in the other direction.

MacEchran is our biggest hope but hes still short of making it at the hgihest level and taking a starting spot and making it his own.

Fellaini and Sahin (if his time at Liverpool goes well) would leave ye nicely set for the next few years.

Fellaini and Sahin (if his time at Liverpool goes well) would leave ye nicely set for the next few years.

If Sahin does well at Liverpool I'd imagine they'll stump up the cash for him, but I'd take Fellaini right now, as soon as City went in for Rodwell I knew there was no way Everton would sell Rodwell and Fellaini in the one window, could be a prospect for January and be eligible for the UCL if were still in it but we'd have to pay way over the odds in January.

I'd agree on all points, I think hes a decent player but not worth that money and its better invested elsewhere for us. Like a CM hopefully in the summer next year.

Fenerbache, for a reported £10 Million which is a good bit of buisness for us, we didnt really lose all that much on buying him from Liverpool, 2,3 million or something.

Although it does leave us light in the middle since we loaned 2 other CM's, I think CM is our weakest position right now and one that needs addressing by next summer at the very latest.

We'll have Mikel going to the African cup and if Lamps or Ramires gets injured we only have Romeu as a senior player for CM.
    £8 million according to the BBC but still good business for a 29 year old that the Club were happy to be rid of

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19466253

If Sahin does well at Liverpool I'd imagine they'll stump up the cash for him, but I'd take Fellaini right now, as soon as City went in for Rodwell I knew there was no way Everton would sell Rodwell and Fellaini in the one window, could be a prospect for January and be eligible for the UCL if were still in it but we'd have to pay way over the odds in January.

Not sure if it was ever established whether Liverpool have a first option on Sahin and even then the player would have to agree for the move.

If not and if he has a good season there I'd say there'll be a good queue of the top 4 clubs looking at him, yourselves included.

Not sure if it was ever established whether Liverpool have a first option on Sahin and even then the player would have to agree for the move.

If not and if he has a good season there I'd say there'll be a good queue of the top 4 clubs looking at him, yourselves included.

The Liverpool Echo and The Times both say Liverpool have first option on Sahin at the end of the season.

I'd be delighted if we got either or really but if Sahin does well at Liverpool and Liverpool do well this year, he'll stay.

Saying that I'd love if we managed to nick Ross Barkley from Everton, hes unrpoven at EPL level but he could be a star in the future, very little chance they'll let him go though I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

but piazon is in!

Malouda included in Premier League squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Its amazing that Paulo Ferreira is still at the club.
    Is he an unofficial coach or something at this stage? His presence as a playing force at Chelsea seemed redundant literally years ago.
    From what I have been reading he has helped the Brazilians with the language and seemed to be a shoulder for Torres to cry on when things when he was dropped.
    It seems at this stage that they are almost keeping him for good morale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

kingtubby wrote: »
    Its amazing that Paulo Ferreira is still at the club.
    Is he an unofficial coach or something at this stage? His presence as a playing force at Chelsea seemed redundant literally years ago.
    From what I have been reading he has helped the Brazilians with the language and seemed to be a shoulder for Torres to cry on when things when he was dropped.
    It seems at this stage that they are almost keeping him for good morale!

You look Paulo in the eyes and tell him he has to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

TheStook wrote: »
    You look Paulo in the eyes and tell him he has to go

He's just a part of the furniture at the Bridge now. Handy to be called upon when needed, IMO. Handy squad player. Experienced head.

Also, yeah... he has the puppy-dog eyes. Nobody had the heart to tell him, so they just kept him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Sam Hutchinson has joined Nottingham Forest on a season long loan deal

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2886996

Notts Forest saying 6 months, not sure which is true but I reckon we must be close to bringing another RB in.
    And what a player Huchinson will turn out to be. Was MOM on Saturday against Charlton. Was aggressive, won every single 50-50 tackle, always looked to pick out a man in space, very comfortable on the ball and going forward. And capped it all off by scoring a brilliant goal following a surging run from full back.

He had Premier League written all over him. I'll go as far as to say he will be England's right back in the not too distant future. Incredible to think he had actually retired.

Needs to lose that awful "Mario Gomez" crop however. It's really bad! :-D

grenache wrote: »
    And what a player Huchinson will turn out to be. Was MOM on Saturday against Charlton. Was aggressive, won every single 50-50 tackle, always looked to pick out a man in space, very comfortable on the ball and going forward. And capped it all off by scoring a brilliant goal following a surging run from full back.

He had Premier League written all over him. I'll go as far as to say he will be England's right back in the not too distant future. Incredible to think he had actually retired.

I havn't really seen him play for Forest yet, but reading your post actually made me smile, considering the amount of effort Hutch has had to put in and the hard times he's been through. For him to even to be able to play Sunday league would of been an accomplishment, so absolutely delighted to see him doing well.

grenache wrote: »

Wish him all the best, TBH, if he progresses with Forest I'd hope he could come back and challenge Azpilicueta for starting RB in the future, he ahs a great attitude to want to come back and play at the highest level and I hope he can play for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Malouda will be leaving next summer and training with the U21's all season. Should have moved on this summer as he could still do a job for someone. He was one of our best players in the double winning season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Johner wrote: »
    Malouda will be leaving next summer and training with the U21's all season. Should have moved on this summer as he could still do a job for someone. He was one of our best players in the double winning season.

Surprised that he didn't move. What a waste of a year of his life. He's 32. He only has a few seasons left before he has to retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Johner wrote: »

Training with them or helping with their training - a waste either way but especially the former. Chelsea should have given him a free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And he could have went to France up until last night as well!
    Florent Malouda ‏@realflorentm

This is where I'll train for my last season with the blues !!!

A2BmzD5CMAA2zPR.jpg

greendom wrote: »
    Training with them or helping with their training - a waste either way but especially the former. Chelsea should have given him a free

If he has a year left and nobody wants him or he turned down moves then I'd throw him in with the U21's too.

Malouda is a fairly high earner and at 32 hes basically sitting back, earning probably £4-5 million a year with little too no chance of playing and he doesnt really gice a toss, fairplay to him for getting that money but its a terrible attitude to have.

If he has a year left and nobody wants him or he turned down moves then I'd throw him in with the U21's too.

Malouda is a fairly high earner and at 32 hes basically sitting back, earning probably £4-5 million a year with little too no chance of playing and he doesnt really gice a toss, fairplay to him for getting that money but its a terrible attitude to have.

If I was getting £5m a year to do my job and couldn't get the same money elsewhere to do the same job I think I'd sit tight too - even if it meant not playing at all.

The flippant attitude he shows in that tweet is a bit much though, I agree.

If I was getting £5m a year to do my job and couldn't get the same money elsewhere to do the same job I think I'd sit tight too - even if it meant not playing at all.

The flippant attitude he shows in that tweet is a bit much though, I agree.

I'm with ya, if someone was offering me half my current wages to do the same job I wouldnt budge but the picture just smacks of arrogance and smugness and an unwilling to want to prove himself elsewhere. Just shows him to be a money grabbing little so and so.

Training few times a week and the chances of playing with the U21's, happy days if you're sitting on his contract I suppose.

I'm with ya, if someone was offering me half my current wages to do the same job I wouldnt budge but the picture just smacks of arrogance and smugness and an unwilling to want to prove himself elsewhere. Just shows him to be a money grabbing little so and so.

Training few times a week and the chances of playing with the U21's, happy days if you're sitting on his contract I suppose.

If I was Roman I'd just pay off his contract now and be done with him. That kind of attitue around the place can't be good and tweeting flippant stuff like that only winds up the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Better off getting him out of the club.

Stuff like this didnt work out well last year... (Alex, Anelka)

• Advertisement

Plus if he's training with the young lads every day he's hardly a good example to them is he? "Work hard lads, make a name for yourself then sit on your ass and take the cash while the going is good." Get rid.

The thing is we could have easily kept Alex, better option at CB then Ivanovic and Cahill IMO.

Malouda must have either refused a moe on loan or permanent to be booted to the U21's, RDM comes acorss a lot more reasonable then AVB so he wouldnt have been shunted to the U21's for no reason.

He is very surplus to requirement which is echoed in Bertrand playing left wing instead of him and now we have signed the players we have he'll never get in barring an injury crisis of Harchester United proportions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah - I reckon neither the player himself nor the club expected him to be still there now. Both now pissed off with situation so something has to give.

Malouda must have either refused a moe on loan or permanent to be booted to the U21's, RDM comes acorss a lot more reasonable then AVB so he wouldnt have been shunted to the U21's for no reason.

He is very surplus to requirement which is echoed in Bertrand playing left wing instead of him and now we have signed the players we have he'll never get in barring an injury crisis of Harchester United proportions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Alex was a pretty sturdy CB, I personally didn't want to see Anelka leave either, I thought he was still capable of putting in a decent shift.

Panthro wrote: »
    Alex was a pretty sturdy CB, I personally didn't want to see Anelka leave either, I thought he was still capable of putting in a decent shift.

The manager has to make a call sometimes on players he just doesn't fancy.
    You also have to consider there may be other stuff going on in the background that the public doesn't know about.
    There is always two sides to every story.

I think the Russian Transfer window is still open so there is still a slim possibility of offloading him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement