Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/0911/1224323869175.html

UEFA with holding money for clubs under investigation for debts and unpaid fees.
    Uefa revealed the first sanctions under its financial fair play rules today, announcing it is withholding prize money for 23 clubs because of their failure to comply with the new rules.

The clubs, all participating in 2012/13 Uefa club competitions, were found to have overdue payments to other teams, their own employees or social/tax authorities and their payments would be withheld subject to further investigation, Uefa said in a statement.

Among the clubs under investigation are Atletico Madrid and Malaga of Spain, Portugal's Sporting, Dinamo Bucharest and Rapid Bucharest of Romania and Turkey's Fenerbahce.

Atletico Madrid could be forced to sell Falcao, quick, somebody get onto Roman. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

An interesting read on FFP, seems like our accounts may not be so bad after all.

swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html

Tried to fix your link and broke it.

Well the good thing is our transfer spend looks to be offset from prize money and the we're trying to reduce the wage bill and increase revenue so I'd say we're or anyway.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    Chelsea were recognised 'for their outstanding achievement during the 2011-12 season on a European and domestic level'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1woyrz0ZTnSiwAwqnhgB3pTe-3QYqXH0KXassZnTHhvT_rUqw4Q

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Tried to fix your link and broke it.

Well the good thing is our transfer spend looks to be offset from prize money and the we're trying to reduce the wage bill and increase revenue so I'd say we're or anyway.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html

Yea that didn't look right here it is again hope it works this time it actually is a good if slightly long) read.

So JT gets another day in court starting 24th September.

Article here which also links to the verdict of the court, I feel it a little harsh that the reporter comments the Magistrate thought JT guily but there was a doubt. Having read through it that would not be what I would take from it with the Magistrate Howard Riddle saying both Ferdianand and JT were credible witnesses and JT was solid in his evidence

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/383301/20120912/john-terry-racism-hearing-date-anton-ferdinand.htm

So JT gets another day in court starting 24th September.

Article here which also links to the verdict of the court, I feel it a little harsh that the reporter comments the Magistrate thought JT guily but there was a doubt. Having read through it that would not be what I would take from it with the Magistrate Howard Riddle saying both Ferdianand and JT were credible witnesses and JT was solid in his evidence

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/383301/20120912/john-terry-racism-hearing-date-anton-ferdinand.htm

I hope its just wrapped up soon, I dont really care what the FA charge brings after the courts found him not guility but I expect they'll find him guility and he'll serve a ban for it, almost a year later and were finally getting it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its been awful quiet in here the past few days, thank god the internationals are over.

Hopefully we can continue our league form and the super cup didnt knock the confidence too much, I read that Marko Marin was back training last week, hopefully he can play on Saturday, I have a feeling he's going to be one of our star players,a decent an outright winger is something we havnt had since Duff & Robben

Ya, we have some great attacking options now, Ramires and Oscar both scored for Brazil the other night too, although they were only playing China and thumped them 8-0.

Are JT & Cole fit for the QPR game?

I'd like to see :

Cech
    Azpilicueta Luiz Cahill Bertrand
    Ramires Lampard
    Mata Hazard Marin
    Torres

What we'll probably see :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel Lampard
    Ramires Hazard Mata
    Torres

Either which way I hope our 100% start continues and we can avenge that terrible game last year when nothing at all went right for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Morning lads, just back from a little break down your neck of the woods Gav. Lovely spot! I missed ya's all :D

Well well well, me buddy Fellaini says he wants to leave Everton, we have a nice little midfield spot for ya Marouane. May be i will some day see Luiz and Fellaini as our Midfield duo :pac:

what a day wrote: »
    Morning lads, just back from a little break down your neck of the woods Gav. Lovely spot! I missed ya's all :D

Well well well, me buddy Fellaini says he wants to leave Everton, we have a nice little midfield spot for ya Marouane. May be i will some day see Luiz and Fellaini as our Midfield duo :pac:

I was wondering why this place was so peaceful. :p

At least ya got some nice weather, it was pretty nice last week.

Well if things are going bad coming into January and we need a CM, with Mikel going away on ACN duty then Fellaini would be a great buy and UCL elgibile too, will probably cost a pretty penny too though.

I think your second line up is the better one Gav, although i would not mind seen Bertrand start if Cole is struggling. Id leave Ivan at RB for the moment and maybe even Mikel instead of Ramires. We have to play this game to win IMO and il be looking forward to beating these guys convincingly.

id go with a tried and trusted team and depending on how we get on maybe introduce the likes of Ramires Ceasar Moses Sturridge.

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Cahill----Cole/Bertrand

Mikel
    Lampard

Mata
    Oscar
    Hazard

Torres

I was wondering why this place was so peaceful. :p

At least ya got some nice weather, it was pretty nice last week.

Well if things are going bad coming into January and we need a CM, with Mikel going away on ACN duty then Fellaini would be a great buy and UCL elgibile too, will probably cost a pretty penny too though.

Ha ha you must of been bored with me not around posting crap!!
    Yeah really nice part of the country, but look like a lobster now with all the good weather.

As for Fellaini, i see him as an upgrade from both Lamps and Mikel in the role. The chap is a warrior of a midfielder and he is on par with only Tiote and Yaya in the PL IMO. Worth up to 30m considdering his ability, age, and not cup tied. He could be an excellent adition to our squad come january.

Lamps with two interationals in a few days and a bit of travel might start on the bench perhaps with Ram taking his place. If so start either Oscar or Moses.

I really dont like QPR at all (went to school in Ealing, West London when QPR had a good team - tough time and place to be a Chelsea supporter) I hope we play an attacking side and better the score at the Bridge last April.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lamps with two interationals in a few days and a bit of travel might start on the bench perhaps with Ram taking his place. If so start either Oscar or Moses.

I really dont like QPR at all (went to school in Ealing, West London when QPR had a good team - tough time and place to be a Chelsea supporter) I hope we play an attacking side and better the score at the Bridge last April.

Ealing has(and had) plenty of Chelsea supporters in my experience.

Yeah really nice part of the country, but look like a lobster now with all the good weather.

What is it with the PRofC I was down there a few weeks back, West Cork absolutely stunning you have to say.

As for Fellaini, i see him as an upgrade from both Lamps and Mikel in the role. The chap is a warrior of a midfielder and he is on par with only Tiote and Yaya in the PL IMO. Worth up to 30m considdering his ability, age, and not cup tied. He could be an excellent adition to our squad come january.

Seems like Romans plan for domination is to sign up all the Belgians.

Courtois
    De Bruyne
    Lukaku
    Hazard x 2
    Musonda x 3

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Welcome back and agree about Felaini.

Wouldn't mind seeing Moses getting a run against QPR, him against Bosingwa could be interesting and fruitful.

What is it with the PRofC I was down there a few weeks back, West Cork absolutely stunning you have to say.

Anywhere outside the city, say 15 miles and so out is nice.

West Cork is a lovely place alright, take a few spins down there in the car when the weather is nice.

Also, hoping for a good 3 points this weekend and would love another Torres hat trick.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Ealing has(and had) plenty of Chelsea supporters in my experience.

Oh absolutely but only a few miles from Sheperds Bush and in the mid 70's when I was at school there QPR had the likes of Bowles, Francis, Thomas, Parkes and our own Hollins and Webby so blow in QPR fans were thick on the ground. To my shame went there a few times they were decent at the time.

Oh absolutely but only a few miles from Sheperds Bush and in the mid 70's when I was at school there QPR had the likes of Bowles, Francis, Thomas, Parkes and our own Hollins and Webby so blow in QPR fans were thick on the ground. To my shame went there a few times they were decent at the time.
    QPR were based in several parts of West and North West London so not surprising to see people around Ealing support them :)

You must have been to White City stadium too?

I cant go too London now a days without the GF wanting to head to Westfield Shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, bloody huge place and usually costs me a bomb when she wants to go out to it. :(

I cant go too London now a days without the GF wanting to head to Westfield Shopping centre in Shepherds Bush, bloody huge place and usually costs me a bomb when she wants to go out to it. :(

I don't like the place either but for different reasons. They demolished my favourite pub to make way for it

Anywhere outside the city, say 15 miles and so out is nice.

West Cork is a lovely place alright, take a few spins down there in the car when the weather is nice.

Also, hoping for a good 3 points this weekend and would love another Torres hat trick.

Ballycotton in East Cork is a personal favourite of mine.
    You're going to think I'm mad but I love Carrigtwohill too :)

True about Lamps, he may well be rested but if we are missing Terry and Cole we could be forced to play Lamps as our Captan with hs age and expeirience. I really hope we beat these guys Mata or Moses should get some service in behind Bosi but to be fair to Bosi i still rate him.

Marin may also be intorduced and he will be a key player for us when we come up against ultra defensive teams. Also read there Valencia are chasing Oriol. Hands off, he is a quaility defensive midfielder IMO, really hope he gets amore games this season!

QPR were based in several parts of West and North West London so not surprising to see people around Ealing support them :)

You must have been to White City stadium too?

Yea but never to see soccer only stock car racing and the like.

Am yes I think you are :D

I never rated Bose that being said it was a sterling effort at centre half in Barcelona for which we will always be grateful. If we get at him we can hurt him.

Would love to see Marin off the bench (cant see him starting) and a bag full for Nando would do my fantasy team no harm at all.

I don't like the place either but for different reasons. They demolished my favourite pub to make way for it

Really? What was the area like before the development, my aunt lives in Wembley and I remember she was driving down to her friend who was living close to acton park and we went back up around Shepherds bush/White city area and looked like a proper working class area, although that was 15/16 years ago and it just struck me that way.

I dont get the appeal of those huge shopping centres anyway, I usually know what I want before buying but not the GF, into every shop and store and looking at every item.

I'm going to have to stop bringing her over or suggest I'm sick for the weekend and hop over myself. :pac:

This place is after turning into the travel thread. ;)

Midelton is nice too, decent pubs down there with good live music, a different scene to the city.

I've stayed down in Ballycotton and Garryvoe when just looking for a night away too from the humdrum of the city centre, its only a couple of minutes outside f the city but it feels like a world away.

I had a buddyfrom Carrigtwohill, was mad as a box of frogs, and his brother and his mates were the same, theres something inthe water down that way. :)

• Advertisement

Really? What was the area like before the development, my aunt lives in Wembley and I remember she was driving down to her friend who was living close to acton park and we went back up around Shepherds bush/White city area and looked like a proper working class area, although that was 15/16 years ago and it just struck me that way.

I dont get the appeal of those huge shopping centres anyway, I usually know what I want before buying but not the GF, into every shop and store and looking at every item.

I'm going to have to stop bringing her over or suggest I'm sick for the weekend and hop over myself. :pac:

The pub I used to frequent was at the top of Shepherds Bush Green and it was called The Mailcoach and was run by a Galway man.

The parts of Wood Lane demolished there wasn't actually much there except old factories and warehouses as far as I remember.

Interesting that QPR are going to build really close to Westfield and the plans are massive for it.

White City itself is not a nice area but Shepherds Bush isn't bad

Lads i didnt realise we are playing Juv next wedsday already !!

I suppose DiMatteo will have one eye on that game too and may very well rest the likes of Cole JT and Lampard. Cech may have the Captains arm band again. Id start the QPR game with

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

Mikel
    Ramires

--Mata
    Oscar
    Hazard--

Torres

Hopefully Torres picks up his form to another level again going into the Juv game. One or two of our senior players back for Midweek and we might give an opertunity to Marin Moses and Azilicueta against QPR.

P.S delighted to see Malouda relegated to the Youth players. He has not been good enough for us for a long time and if he aint gonna perform he has to go. Sooner the better he leaves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Yup, the impossible starts soon, tryin to retain the UCL, if winning the trophy is difficult, retaining it is impossible.
    Aquila wrote: »
    Has that Gerrard vs Lampard thread gone into meltdown on account what happened last night?:pac:

Not as much as I thought it would, I was expecting cards galore and bans but its gone off without a hitch really.

Theres a fine case been made for both players and the voting is what i expected, nearly 50-50.

Although part of me thinks its Liverpool fans voting for Gerard and Chelsea and everyone else going for Lamaprd because of Liverpool and Gerrard.

I suppose DiMatteo will have one eye on that game too and may very well rest the likes of Cole JT and Lampard. Cech may have the Captains arm band again. Id start the QPR game with

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

Mikel
    Ramires

--Mata
    Oscar
    Hazard--

Torres

Hopefully Torres picks up his form to another level again going into the Juv game. One or two of our senior players back for Midweek and we might give an opertunity to Marin Moses and Azilicueta against QPR.

P.S delighted to see Malouda relegated to the Youth players. He has not been good enough for us for a long time and if he aint gonna perform he has to go. Sooner the better he leaves!

Wow the Champions league comes around quick. I like the look of that team and would go with something very similar. Could do with JT and Lamps against Juve so no point taking a chance on them we should be able to see off QPR without them.

Back on travel :p I love Gougane Barra lovely spot & hotel.

Wow the Champions league comes around quick. I like the look of that team and would go with something very similar. Could do with JT and Lamps against Juve so no point taking a chance on them we should be able to see off QPR without them.

Back on travel :p I love Gougane Barra lovely spot & hotel.

Ya, I'd " rest " JT against QPR and play Cahill and Luiz, I'd play Lamps if hes fit and able though, QPR will be up for this and the atmosphere will be brillant.

On travel :p Bantry or Gelngarriff are nice spots down that area too, I remember driving down towards Bandon, Skibereen, Bantry, Glengariff and heading up towards Healys pass and into Killarney for a weekend, its a long spin, about 3, 4 hours but it takes in some great roads and views and some lovely spots to stop along the way.

• Advertisement

Totally ramdom post....

It was my birthday a few weeks back and my sister got me a signed photograph of Charlie Cooke in full flight at the bridge, authenticated and all. Just how cool was that?

Check there stats ladies and while your at it throw in Giggs and Scholes stats. Lamps might suprize some who are not Chelsea fans.

As for the rest of the squad im delighted with the cul on our dead wood, just wish we could have signed another RM. Essien Yossi Meireles Bosi Drogba all gone and Malouda still has survived....just about!

Brilliant sigings made to mould our new style of play and all young and ready for the next 6/7 seasons or more.

I think Mata should be dropped for the weekend, keep him fresh for Juve then give him a proper rest, we could play Marin--Hazard--Moses.

That to me looks to be a real threat. I find it pretty hard to guess RDM team selection, even more so now that we've a few new players but whatever team we put out I expect us to beat QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I think Mata should be dropped for the weekend, keep him fresh for Juve then give him a proper rest, we could play Marin--Hazard--Moses.

That to me looks to be a real threat. I find it pretty hard to guess RDM team selection, even more so now that we've a few new players but whatever team we put out I expect us to beat QPR.

Totally agree, dont know how fit marin is, but I can see Moses getting gametime on the right wing

One things for sure though - hazard is now a marked man and will be targeted by all teams!

Mata not played for Spain so cant see why he needs a rest?

• Advertisement

Totally agree, dont know how fit marin is, but I can see Moses getting gametime on the right wing

One things for sure though - hazard is now a marked man and will be targeted by all teams!

Well thats why we need to get Marin playing, if he can get back to the type of form he showed a couple of seasons ago, I think he'll play just a big as part as Hazard, hopefully he's fit.
    Mata not played for Spain so cant see why he needs a rest?

Mata played an unbelievable amount of games for us last season, then went to the Euros and although he didnt really play, he still trained everyday, then he went to the Olympics. RDM has already stated that he intends to rest Mata in September.

Thats the thing, how fit is Marin? I agree Mata needs a rest big time but did he play for spain during the week? Moses could certanly do a job but id prefere to start with a tried and trusted team to confirm the 3 points. If we look comfortable we can bring on two or three players to rest the likes of Mata Hazard Lamps etc

Thats the thing, how fit is Marin? I agree Mata needs a rest big time but did he play for spain during the week? Moses could certanly do a job but id prefere to start with a tried and trusted team to confirm the 3 points. If we look comfortable we can bring on two or three players to rest the likes of Mata Hazard Lamps etc

Well he's probably not even fit but he has been back training since last week. Going with tried & trusted shouldn't really come into it as we're playing QPR who have to try gel in over 200 new players :pac:

No we cannot afford to take a risk and slip up points. I think we should play a stong a teams as possible with keeping an eye on wednsday.

Id say its safe to say Terry and Cole will be out. Marin may not be fit as mentioned so that leaves me thinkin we will have to play Hazard on the left possibly Mata or Oscar in the middle and either Ramires or Moses on the right.

I think Robbie will start with below against QPR
    If all is going well we can take off Lampard for Moses and Mata for Oscar.
    Ramires can move back into Lamps spot and push Moses onto the RM.
    Azpilicueta could also make an appearance late on me thinks

Torres

--Hazard
    Mata
    Ramires--

Lampard---Mikel

Bertrand
    Cahill---Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

Just checked out their 200 or so signigs :pac:

They have some good width in their ranks now so i would imagine Ramires will start out wide to protect Ivan.

They have adam Johnson, SWP, Hoilett and Taarabt, some tricky wide player with Bosi and Fabio behind them out with could be a treath.

Just looking at this post and who thanked it, the_monkey. :D

Welcome back. :cool:

Looking forward to the melt down somewhere down the line, I've missed those. :)

Mata played an unbelievable amount of games for us last season, then went to the Euros and although he didnt really play, he still trained everyday, then he went to the Olympics. RDM has already stated that he intends to rest Mata in September.

From what I can figure Mata played 54 games for us and 6 for Spain so 60 in all and there would have been a sprinkling of sub apperances included in that. The lack of a break over the summer may be a problem but wouldnt have thought games are.

However be that as it may as we used to say in Munster Rugby before Tony Mc destroyed the team. Win the game first. We need to ensure we finish at least in the top 4 this year these are the games we need to win, so no messing best team out today and Wednesday.

Just checked out their 200 or so signigs :pac:

They have some good width in their ranks now so i would imagine Ramires will start out wide to protect Ivan.

They have adam Johnson, SWP, Hoilett and Taarabt, some tricky wide player with Bosi and Fabio behind them out with could be a treath.

Adam Johnson is with Sunderland.

They do seem to have a good squad but they have brought in an awful lot of players, they were very poor against Man City although they had got a couple of chances. In a way I hope JT and Ferdinand are both ruled out, at least that way we can actually focus on the football and not all the other crap thats bound to go along with this fixture.

From what I can figure Mata played 54 games for us and 6 for Spain so 60 in all and there would have been a sprinkling of sub apperances included in that. The lack of a break over the summer may be a problem but wouldnt have thought games are.

However be that as it may as we used to say in Munster Rugby before Tony Mc destroyed the team. Win the game first. We need to ensure we finish at least in the top 4 this year these are the games we need to win, so no messing best team out today and Wednesday.

I agree with you 100%, I'm just looking at the upcoming fixtures and going by what RDM has already said about giving him time off. with the squad we have now we should be able to replace him for a few games without affecting the team.

Adam Johnson is with Sunderland.

They do seem to have a good squad but they have brought in an awful lot of players, they were very poor against Man City although they had got a couple of chances. In a way I hope JT and Ferdinand are both ruled out, at least that way we can actually focus on the football and not all the other crap thats bound to go along with this fixture.

Sorry your right they signed Andrew Johnson, good stiker mind!

I just read PSG agreed a deal to sign Lucas Moura
    They are asembling a very good squad!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement