Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

what a day wrote: »
    Sorry your right they signed Andrew Johnson, good stiker mind!

I just read PSG agreed a deal to sign Lucas Moura
    They are asembling a very good squad!

I actually forgot Andrew Johnson signed for them.

Yeah PSG seem to be attracting all the big names although they havnt started all that well in the domestic league.

Our next 3 league fixtures are all games we should be taking maximum points from then we've Arsenal away but i'd be hopeful we can get some sort of result out of that, that would be a great start to the league if it works out that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I want us to be unbeaten when Man Utd come to the bridge.

Between then we have, QPR (A), Stoke, Wolves (H), Arsenal (A), Norwich (H) Spurs (A), Man Utd (H)

Thers plenty of opportunity to rest Mata and play him in the Arsenal, Juve and Spurs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

When Oscar and Moses are settled and Marin fully fit lots of opportunity to rotate the players then, wouldn't be too worried about it this early in the season.

After this weekend's match is a tough enough run Stoke are never easy, Arsenal away will perhaps be a little easier now RvP is gone but they wont roll over by any stretch. Norwich should be handy and the Spurs game will be shall we say interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Totally agree grumpy. That could be a good shout Gav, would like to see us string together an unbeaten run for a while. I think we will focus on every PL game any way as Robbie has to make a top four finish most of all.

Lads, any one know if the game against QPR is on TV?

Lads, any one know if the game against QPR is on TV?

Our next game on TV is the Arsenal game and then the Spurs game followed by the United game AFAIK.

Internet TV however will provide ya with your fix for the QPR game I reckon. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Just checked the tv listings doesnt seem to be on any of the channels.

sky are showing the early norwich-west ham game

setanta sports the man u - wigan

Epsn's late kick off is sunderland-liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

crikey - if we cant beat QPR without Mata, then our summer spending has been a complete waste of time (and money!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

crikey - if we cant beat QPR without Mata, then our summer spending has been a complete waste of time (and money!)

whats up with mata? being rested or injured?

• Advertisement

Of course we can beat QPR without Mata, no one is suggesting otherwise.
    I would like Mata to start the game because he is one of our best players and we should be looking for the 3 points. Ramires can start ahead of him but i feel our midfeild will all go through Hazard.

If QPR can mark him then that will close a lot of doors for Torres and pill pressure on Hazard. Oscar will take time to flourish but he is a quality midfielder and not at Matas level just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I read in the daily mail that arsenal are ready to pounce for drogba should he want out of China.
    Luckily we know his blood is blue and he won't return to the premier league to haunt us!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Will John Sturidge start this weekend,he would be good up top with Torres

Sully34 wrote: »
    Will John Sturidge start this weekend,he would be good up top with Torres

Its either or and I dont think Sturridge has done enough to warrant a start while Torres has done well in his games.

Sturridge could be played wide but we have some many options there I dont think that'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its either or and I dont think Sturridge has done enough to warrant a start while Torres has done well in his games.

Sturridge could be played wide but we have some many options there I dont think that'll happen.
    But what happens if Torres gets injured and sturridge hasnt had any game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

What if a asteroid hits earth?

Studge wont forget how to play football, dont forget they train everyday...

This basically ^

If Torres gets injured then Sturridge has a great chance to stae a claim to starting CF and one he should relish.

At the moment Torres is our best option but Danny is a very capable 2nd choice.

Sturridge will more than enough to replace Torres if he picks up an injury. We only play one striker so chances of the two getting injured are slim but if it happens we have Piazon Mata and Bamford to step in and have a go. Id like to see Hazard have a go up front though if it was me in charge.

Come on Chelsea i need my fix of football!!!!

Sturridge will more than enough to replace Torres if he picks up an injury. We only play one striker so chances of the two getting injured are slim but if it happens we have Piazon Mata and Bamford to step in and have a go. Id like to see Hazard have a go up front though if it was me in charge.

Come on ChelseaFootball, I need my fix of football Gambling !!!!

Fixed that for ya. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What if a asteroid hits earth?

Because training is exactly the same as playing Premier League games as we all know

• Advertisement

Come on Chelsea i need my fix of football!!!!

Damm, I was quite happy there. Top of the league, unbeaten, talked about as playing positive attractive football, Torres already scored 2, Swansea and West Brom replacing Utd and Arsenal in the Champions League and Agent AVB doing a good job at the Spuds.
    And still Champions of Europe and FA Cup holders!

LET THE SEASON END NOW I TELL YE!!

There is a VERY long season ahead of us.

Main aims, improve on our league position and play more fluidily.

Its all looking good at the moment but the international break could cost us.

What we have to look at too is Utd are without Rooney and RVP due to injuries, we have to chalk up points and both their absence as Utd may struggle, I doubt they will but you never know.

Yeah you made a good point yesterday Gav, we should be able to string another few wins together and go unbeaten for a while. My only fear is our momentum may be lost due to the international break. Im sure we have enough to beat QPR and start again where we left off if we can put in a good effort against Juve on wednsday.

Hoping to ease back into a 100% start against QPR but I think this game will be close enough.

I'd love to win by 3 or more but once we win thats all that matters.

Hopefully have a fully fit squad for a very tricky Juventus game.

Your spot on, once we get three points and have JT and Cole back for the Juve game i will be happy. Of course we could always be delighted with a 3 or 4 nil smashing of QPR to give us an extra boost :pac:

Id also like to see us line up like so

Torres

--Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata----

Ramires
    Mikel

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Luiz
    Ivanovic

Cech

Give Oscar a start and try get him up to scratch on the PL while also allowing Lamps rest for Juve. Like wise with Cahill and Bertrand let Cole and JT rest.

Id start Mata because he offers us so much and its better to make sure the 3 points are secure before hauling him off for either Moses or Oriol.

Ivan should also start as we know he is a decent RB and not risk Ceasar yet, blood him in slowly and give him some minutes late on depending how the game is going for us.

By starting with above we could have a fit Lampard JT and Cole back for Wednsday while also trying out Ramires in a deeper role and Bertrand at LB rather than LM. Ceasar/Moses may also make their debut for us and we may even fit Oriol in there too.

All we have to do is win all our remaining games and the titles ours!

Your spot on, once we get three points and have JT and Cole back for the Juve game i will be happy. Of course we could always be delighted with a 3 or 4 nil smashing of QPR to give us an extra boost :pac:

Id also like to see us line up like so

Torres

--Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata----

Ramires
    Mikel

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Luiz
    Ivanovic

Cech

Give Oscar a start and try get him up to scratch on the PL while also allowing Lamps rest for Juve. Like wise with Cahill and Bertrand let Cole and JT rest.

Id start Mata because he offers us so much and its better to make sure the 3 points are secure before hauling him off for either Moses or Oriol.

Ivan should also start as we know he is a decent RB and not risk Ceasar yet, blood him in slowly and give him some minutes late on depending how the game is going for us.

By starting with above we could have a fit Lampard JT and Cole back for Wednsday while also trying out Ramires in a deeper role and Bertrand at LB rather than LM. Ceasar/Moses may also make their debut for us and we may even fit Oriol in there too.

Be bold, time to rotate!

Sturridge

--Marin
    Piazon
    Moses----

Oscar
    Romeu

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Luiz
    Cesar

Cech

That's the stuff, Enter Piazon Sgt!

Be bold, time to rotate!

Sturridge[yes]

--Marin[yes]
    Piazon[yes]
    Moses[yes]----

Oscar[no]
    Romeu[yes]

Bertrand[yes]
    Cahill[yes]
    Luiz[yes]
    Cesar[yes]

Cech[yes]

Only thing I'd do is take Oscar out from CM, its a very tough game that QPR will be battling for, I'd play Ramires in therefor his energy and intensity and partner him with Romeu.

Rest of the team is definetly good enough but making 9, 10 changes is a very risky gamble, if it doesnt come off RDM will be hung up for dropping Mata/Torres/Hazard etc etc

Only thing I'd do is take Oscar out from CM, its a very tough game that QPR will be battling for, I'd play Ramires in therefor his energy and intensity and partner him with Romeu.

Rest of the team is definetly good enough but making 9, 10 changes is a very risky gamble, if it doesnt come off RDM will be hung up for dropping Mata/Torres/Hazard etc etc

I was just messing!
    Would like to see Moses on the right though!

• Advertisement

I was just messing!

Its one of those things that works in FM away to Gillingham in the 3rd round of the cup. :p

It was decent team and one that could beat QPR but i think we need the strongest, fittest XI available to play and win.

Ya, Moses will surely get some action at least.

I was just messing!

I probably sound like a broken record but I actually cant wait to see both Marin & Moses play, I think the memories from how good we played with Duff & Robben just make me want to see us play with out and out wingers, it will also add another dimension to our game rather than just playing through the middle all the time

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I probably sound like a broken record but I actually cant wait to see both Marin & Moses play, I think the memories from how good we played with Duff & Robben just make me want to see us play with out and out wingers, it will also add another dimension to our game rather than just playing through the middle all the time

I personnally think Robbie will eventually move us to a 4-3-3 formation and will tinker with the formation with the likes of Marin and Moses out wide which would still allow Hazard and Mata to play infield. I dont think we will see it for a while maybe glimpes of it during a game or two but he will eventually play a 4-3-3 formation. Its more a fluid formation to attack and defend and spread play rather then a defensive block and attacking block.

Im looking forward to us clicking a bit better and moving the ball quicker around the box, Marin in perticular will terrorise defences for us and could very well prove an important player.

I personnally think Robbie will eventually move us to a 4-3-3 formation and will tinker with the formation with the likes of Marin and Moses out wide which would still allow Hazard and Mata to play infield. I dont think we will see it for a while maybe glimpes of it during a game or two but he will eventually play a 4-3-3 formation. Its more a fluid formation to attack and defend and spread play rather then a defensive block and attacking block.

Im looking forward to us clicking a bit better and moving the ball quicker around the box, Marin in perticular will terrorise defences for us and could very well prove an important player.

That formation wont work, we dont have a DM to be able to cover the front 5 if we're caught.

The formation would be

x

x
    x

x
    x

x

x
    x
    x
    x

There is nobody in the current squad able to anchor the midfield on there own, partly why we've gone to 2 in there and we're still shipping goals.

If we with the above formation and go with Torres, Marin, Moses and Hazard and Mata behind we've one slot for CM, given the fact the centre of our side is fairly soft we wont see a gradual change to 4-3-3 at all, IMO.

Mikel is best suited to sit in there, hes got the size, decent passing and hes not to ambitious and wont expose our back four by going out of position.

That formation wont work, we dont have a DM to be able to cover the front 5 if we're caught.

The formation would be

x

x
    x

x
    x

x

x
    x
    x
    x

There is nobody in the current squad able to anchor the midfield on there own, partly why we've gone to 2 in there and we're still shipping goals.

If we with the above formation and go with Torres, Marin, Moses and Hazard and Mata behind we've one slot for CM, given the fact the centre of our side is fairly soft we wont see a gradual change to 4-3-3 at all, IMO.

Mikel is best suited to sit in there, hes got the size, decent passing and hes not to ambitious and wont expose our back four by going out of position.

We have plenty of players able to play the DM spot Mikel Oriol and id like to see Ramires given a go there. For any team to play a DM he has to be helped out (unless its Maka;) ). We shipped goals because some silly mistakes in defense and some really good goals scored against us which we will always let in. Oriol was brought up to play the role on his own with Barca and Mikel has proven to be solid at a tender age too.

The formation we play can easilly slide into a 4-3-3 formation by pushing Lampard and Hazard forward on the left and our RM futher forward. This is were Moses and Marin will come in

At the moment we are playing 4-2-3-1

Torres

--Hazard
    Mata
    Ramires--

Lampard
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

By pushing Hazard up to LW Lampard beside Mata and Exchanging Ramires for Moses

--Hazard
    Torres
    Moses--
    ^
    --^
    ^
    Mata
    --^
    Lampard
    --^
    Mikel
    --^
    Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

I think Robbie has been clever and saw AVBs mistakes and saw us leak goals like there is no tommorow. He saw that we needed to shore up our defense and he did that by adding the extra midfielder and playing deeper on the counter attack. But this season we have seen him re intoroduce the high line while also attempting to retain posession of the ball.
    Once we master retaining posession of the ball we will see us change formation to 4-3-3 and add Azpilicueta to RWB if he proves his worth.

The formation would be

x

x
    x

x
    x

x

x
    x
    x
    x

I agree with what what your saying to a certain extent. we have Romeu who we already know is a very talented DM but he needs to get himself into the team and get games, he's not even getting games for the reserves (u21's) which I find strange.

Also on the point of having 2 CM's and still shipping goals. I think thats mainly because Mikel is the only player we have who is actually getting a game who is defensive minded and he's way too casual, he seems to just stroll around the pitch.

TBH I cant really see RDM changing our style or formation too much, but its nice to know that we have the players in the squad to change things up if needs be, unlike last year where everything was slow and all our play was through the middle.

But Mikel and Romeu arent good enough for the position as it stands and Ramires isnt a good enough passer of the ball to play in there on his own, Lamps, as ya pointed out likes to get into the opponents box which itself should rule him out as a one man CM.

Ideally, having a player like Busquets would be perfect but we dont so I cant see us changing our ways just yet.

Theres nothing wrong with the 4-2-3-1 but we have to get the right players into the system and trying to get half a dozen players used to a new style and system will take time.

Granted there'll be games when it will be almsot like a 4-3-3 but I cant see us changing from the 4-2-3-1 anytime soon.

On Romeu, he either,

A) Flattered to deceive and he isnt actually that good, remember the games he played werent against top teams, apart from the sub against Utd when we threw away a 3 goal lead.

B) RDM just doesnt want him in the team for some tactical reason.

C) They dont want him to play because of the magical buy back clause incase Barca come back in, which is VERY unlikely considering they have the best DM in the world and very good cover in Mascherano and Song.

There has to be some reason he isnt playing.

On Romeu, he either,

A) Flattered to deceive and he isnt actually that good, remember the games he played werent against top teams, apart from the sub against Utd when we threw away a 3 goal lead.

B) RDM just doesnt want him in the team for some tactical reason.

C) They dont want him to play because of the magical buy back clause incase Barca come back in, which is VERY unlikely considering they have the best DM in the world and very good cover in Mascherano and Song.

There has to be some reason he isnt playing.

Ye its a strange one alright. When the capitol one gets going we should see him playing then, if not well then I reckon he'll be sold on.

Im surprised the game isnt being shown live especially with the amount of publicity this fixture is getting. I really dont like Mark Hughes or QPR so I hope we give them a good going over.

• Advertisement

Ye its a strange one alright. When the capitol one gets going we should see him playing then, if not well then I reckon he'll be sold on.

Im surprised the game isnt being shown live especially with the amount of publicity this fixture is getting. I really dont like Mark Hughes or QPR so I hope we give them a good going over.

Ya, the squad is fairly hefty this year so hopefully he'll get a run in the cup and maybe show some quality and push for a start.

Me too, this game has 1pm K/O written all over it, would have been perfect for Saturday midday.

We should really have too much experience and class for QPR, hoping for 2 or 3 goal victory but also a comfortable one.

Piazon likely to start in the capital one game says Drummy

Chelsea Under-21 team manager Dermot Drummy has hinted that the club’s Brazilian attacking midfielder Lucas Piazon could be given a first-team debut in upcoming Capital One Cup fixtures.
    Lucas Piazon, 18, officially joined the Blues last January and walked away with the club’s Young Player of the Season award, making the bench for a Premier League fixture with Swansea at the end of the campaign.
    Following pre-season with the first-team, during which he scored against PSG in New York, the former São Paulo youngster has played an important role for the Under-21 side, including opening the scoring in a 5-0 victory over Wolverhampton in the team’s last fixture
    Speaking of the Under-21 league games, which are played at Stamford Bridge, Drummy said: “It just gives them experience which they normally wouldn’t get. The best hope these players have at the moment is performing in the Capital One Cup.
    “Lucas Piazon is playing very well and training with the first team on a regular basis, but any time we can play at Stamford Bridge is massive, and it also gives the fans the chance to come along to the ground and see some of our younger players in action.”
    With Piazon leading the charge for Chelsea’s upcoming generation of youth talent, there is every chance he will be given a chance to play in the League Cup on September 25.

I think Oriol was brilliant when played, maybe off one or two games but he is only 20 years old and in a new squad, new country new language etc he is a brilliant DM! No way should he be sold!

I think there has to be some thing to why he is not played so much and i think it could be a mixture of players in front of him and his buy back clause personally.

Another player i think would be able for the DM role would be McEachran once he gets a few more games under his belt...... and hits the weights!

As i said before we need two players for each position and we have that for 4-3-3

Marin
    Torres
    Sturridge
    Hazard
    Sturridge
    Moses

Lampard
    Mata

Oscar
    Ramires

Mikel

Oriol

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz----Azpilicueta
    Bertrand
    Cahill
    Ivan
    Ferraria--

Cech

Hilario

I have Sturridge in twice because we missed out on a second striker in the transfare window.

That squad looks good enough for me and as mentioned before we let go of Essien Meireles Yossi Malouda all the dead wood out of the squad and focused on a more attacking type of player and attacking type of football.

Juan Mata has just tweeted that he's back training after returning from holiday, not sure whether he was on his break that RDM was talking about but it sounds like it. Was he even in the Spain squad during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Juan Mata has just tweeted that he's back training after returning from holiday, not sure whether he was on his break that RDM was talking about but it sounds like it. Was he even in the Spain squad during the week?

He wasn't for last game anyway not sure about Friday's game

Sky are doing a Chelsea special saturday night

KINGS OF EUROPE
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12379/8073518/Kings-of-Europe

Ahead of the start of the defence of their crown, Sky Sports is taking a look back at the remarkable story of Chelsea's Champions League victory.
    Kings of Europe - The Chelsea Story

6.55pm, Sat, Sky Sports 1 HD
    11pm, Sat, Sky Sports 1 HD
    6am, Sun, Sky Sports 1 HD
    8.30am, Sun, Sky Sports 1 HD
    3pm, Mon, Sky Sports 1 HD
    11pm, Mon, Sky Sports 1 HD
    12pm, Tue, Sky Sports 2 HD
    4pm, Tue, Sky Sports 2 HD

In a special hour-long programme to be aired on Saturday evening, we'll reflect on how the Bluesspacer.gif overcame the odds to lift Europe's biggest prize.
    We'll recall the events through the eyes of some of the men at the heart of the story, including Didier Drogba,spacer.gif John Terry,spacer.gif Frank Lampard,spacer.gif Ashley Colespacer.gif and the triumphant caretaker manager, Roberto di Matteo.
    A squad that was disunited under Andre Villas-Boas looked to be heading for an early exit from the competition when they lost 3-1 to Napolispacer.gif in the last 16, but they launched an astonishing turnaround under Di Matteo.
    A dramatic semi-final win over Barcelona,spacer.gif achieved despite the dismissal of skipper Terry in the Nou Camp, was then followed by a memorable penalty-shoot-out success over Bayern Munichspacer.gif on their own turf.
    The players will share their recollections of that amazing night as we show you how a London club conquered European football for the first time.
    Don't miss Kings of Europe - The Chelseaspacer.gif Story at 6.55pm, Saturday, Sky Sports 1 HD.

• Advertisement

Is the Chelsea game on during the week only getting the highlights coverage on RTE?

Cant wait for that documentary and to remember that epic night.

Just had a look at the preview in the link, I would have like if the season review was a bit more like that, it comes across as a bit more personal.
    I would have also liked proper coverage of the Barca matches and the final, but that's a different story, but yes, that documentary looks promising.

Panthro wrote: »
    Just had a look at the preview in the link, I would have like if the season review was a bit more like that, it comes across as a bit more personal.
    I would have also liked proper coverage of the Barca matches and the final, but that's a different story, but yes, that documentary looks promising.

yep, I havent bought the official chelsea dvd yet, but this offers the players insight - should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Panthro wrote: »
    Is the Chelsea game on during the week only getting the highlights coverage on RTE?

Chelsea v Juventus is on Sky Sports 2. 7.45 KO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement