Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Champions of Europe, has a nice ring to it so it does. ;)

I see SSN were running with " QPR & Chelsea discussing pre-match handshakes "

Just scrap it ffs and get on with the match, sure this match isnt on T.V. so theres no point making a huge deal about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Theres no reason the handshake shouldnt go ahead..

About time Anton dropped it now, its done with really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He won't drop it until the FA punish him.

Well it gives Ferdinand a chance to raise tensions between both teams and both sets of fans if he doesnt shake his hand.

Remember, Ferdinand is the alleged victim here, he'll be taking this to heart more then anyone out there on Saturday when approaching JT for a potential hand shake.

I dont see the point in the hand shake anyway, any player that knows an opponent will be talking in the tunnel and a hand shake or hug will usually take place then even if there is an " official " one on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

With all the discussions between both teams about pre match handshakes, I take it that means both JT & Ferdinand are fit to play ?

As Gav said, the match isn't even being shown live so I dont understand why it isnt just scrapped and save all the hassle.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    With all the discussions between both teams about pre match handshakes, I take it that means both JT & Ferdinand are fit to play ?

As Gav said, the match isn't even being shown live so I dont understand why it isnt just scrapped and save all the hassle.

JT, Ferdinand & Cole are all expected to play.

Have Chelsea in an accumlator so they better win.

Interestingly we're priced at 4/5 in some places if anyone fancies a flutter, brillant odds IMO.

I know QPR are playing good football but there back line are doing them no favours.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    JT, Ferdinand & Cole are all expected to play.

Have Chelsea in an accumlator so they better win.

Interestingly we're priced at 4/5 in some places if anyone fancies a flutter, brillant odds IMO.

I know QPR are playing good football but there back line are doing them no favours.

They are really good odds, They only problem with that is unfortunately bookies are very rarely wrong so they must be expecting a very tight game.

They are really good odds, They only problem with that is unfortunately bookies are very rarely wrong so they must be expecting a very tight game.

They're expecting a tight game but we've beat them in the cup and league since they've beat us back in October/November and we've improved a hell of a lot.

I'll be having a piece of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    So will I
    Coffee cake anyone?:pac:

Only if theres no coffee in it. :P

• Advertisement

May it also be noted that if you do lump on Chelsea and it doesnt pay off, I shall not be held accountable if your missus/GF beats you for losing the mortage/rent money. :pac:

Speaking of which, I saved myself about €250 when we played Atleico Madrid, seen us at 8/11 and was very tempted by it, glad I didnt, made a frustrating match some what better to watch known my money wasnt bolstering the bookies coffers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

They should just hand out ice creams and then the players would have their hands too full to shake hands! :D

They should just hand out ice creams and then the players would have their hands too full to shake hands! :D

Depends on the ice cream, also I'd be fairly pee'd if somebody gave me an ice cream cone and somebody got more sprinkles or a flake and I didnt,it coud drive a man to murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Cant wait for the game the weekend, seems like weeks since Chelsea played!
    On another more I see man city have started work on a new 200m training facility. how will this affect FFP? I know their already in serious **** trying to meet their targets as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

On another more I see man city have started work on a new 200m training facility. how will this affect FFP? I know their already in serious **** trying to meet their targets as it is!

Yeah i dont know how City will cope with FFP but im sure they know what they are doing. Cant wait for the game too, dam no TV rights. Pity CTV cannot show every one of there games live!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

200M thing won't count for FFP. You can use any budget to improve youth academies if I'm not wrong.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    200M thing won't count for FFP. You can use any budget to improve youth academies if I'm not wrong.

I think your right.

Think FFP only covers operating costs like Wages, trasnfers and day to day running of the club, I think upgrades and improvements to stands, stadium and facilities is allowed without falling under the FFP scope.

Did anything ever come of the supposed investigation into the sponsorship deal between Etihad Ariways & Man City, wasnt it in the region of £400 million ?

RDM has said that Mata more than likely wont play tomorrow but he'll definitely be in the squad for Juve.

Chelsea V Liverpool U21's in live on Chelsea TV tonight, should be a good game, Marko Marin is playing, RDM has said he's fully fit but just needs game time.

• Advertisement

Did anything ever come of the supposed investigation into the sponsorship deal between Etihad Ariways & Man City, wasnt it in the region of £400 million ?

RDM has said that Mata more than likely wont play tomorrow but he'll definitely be in the squad for Juve.

Not that I can see anyway, I'm sure all the clubs have teams of lawyers and accountants investigating ways around the current FFP.

Good, Mata rested for the big game, we shoudl have plenty to beat QPR without Mata, play Oscar instead of him, simple.

If Marin is playing with the U21's I'd doubt he'll play in the QPR game so maybe a team with :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Moses Oscar Hazard
    Torres

Not that I can see anyway, I'm sure all the clubs have teams of lawyers and accountants investigating ways around the current FFP.

Good, Mata rested for the big game, we shoudl have plenty to beat QPR without Mata, play Oscar instead of him, simple.

If Marin is playing with the U21's I'd doubt he'll play in the QPR game so maybe a team with :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Moses Oscar Hazard
    Torres

I reckon your team is spot on Gav, although it wouldnt surprise me if Azpi got a game.

Id be suprized if JT and Cole started tommorow considering every thing envolved injuries/FA investigation.

Your team could be spot on Gav since we dont have many more options with Lampard and Mata out. Id like to see Bertrand start at LB for this one and if Ramires plays the deeper role il be keepin an eye on him there, should be interesting.
    Also is Oscar start in the middle he will be one to watch. When i watched Oscar play for Brazil he is a really nice player to watch through the middle, great on the ball, really calm and collected, and excellent distribution and vision.

I reckon your team is spot on Gav, although it wouldnt surprise me if Azpi got a game.

Be harsh on Ivan given his start to the season, also I'd rather play Azpilicueta in an easier home game, this game will be a really tough game to make your debut, although Azpilicueta would be used to the Satde Valedrom which is hardly a library :pac:

Winning 2, 3 nil bring him on, throw on Marin too and maybe Danny or Piazon, all things going well of course.

what a day wrote: »
    Id be suprized if JT and Cole started tommorow considering every thing envolved injuries/FA investigation.

Your team could be spot on Gav since we dont have many more options with Lampard and Mata out. Id like to see Bertrand start at LB for this one and if Ramires plays the deeper role il be keepin an eye on him there, should be interesting.
    Also is Oscar start in the middle he will be one to watch. When i watched Oscar play for Brazil he is a really nice player to watch through the middle, great on the ball, really calm and collected, and excellent distribution and vision.

In years to come hopefully we'll have Oscar and MacEchran inside CM, that would be an excellent footballing CM pairing.

I think these are the games we have to win and its the games like these when you need your big performers and Cole and JT are probably the most hated figures in the league, they'll be used to the treatment the QPR crowd will give out and relish it.

If they're fit id start them in a heart beat.

In years to come hopefully we'll have Oscar and MacEchran inside CM, that would be an excellent footballing CM pairing.

I think these are the games we have to win and its the games like these when you need your big performers and Cole and JT are probably the most hated figures in the league, they'll be used to the treatment the QPR crowd will give out and relish it.

If they're fit id start them in a heart beat.

Apparently the teams have agreed to shake hands

• Advertisement

Totally agree with your Oscar and McEachran partnership in the future they could be awsome together!

I understand what you mean about JT and Cole but id rather keep them fresh for Juve and give a start to Cahill and Bertrand. Well definitly rest cole any way but will probably hard to keep JT off the field for this one.

Any one know if Oriol is playing in the game later or is there a chance he could start against QPR instead of Moses? Id rather see Moses start with Ramires playing deep give some food for taught. I think Moses will burst a gut tommoro if he gets a start and will show what he has to offer us. Him self and Marin may well be the bargins of the summer.

what a day wrote: »
    Totally agree with your Oscar and McEachran partnership in the future they could be awsome together!

I understand what you mean about JT and Cole but id rather keep them fresh for Juve and give a start to Cahill and Bertrand. Well definitly rest cole any way but will probably hard to keep JT off the field for this one.

Any one know if Oriol is playing in the game later or is there a chance he could start against QPR instead of Moses? Id rather see Moses start with Ramires playing deep give some food for taught. I think Moses will burst a gut tommoro if he gets a start and will show what he has to offer us. Him self and Marin may well be the bargins of the summer.

On Oscar and the double pivot
    Oscar can play in number of positions. We are blessed with players who can play in multiple postions. He can play in the number 7 role. Again he is not going to be a old fashion winger. He's not that style of player. He can play in the number 10 role. He can also play in the 6 and 8 role. Where Lampard and Obi play. He isn't ready to play in the number 6 or 8 role yet, but it's something he has. The number 10 and 7 he can play in those positions the most.

Apparently the teams have agreed to shake hands

Good, quick hand shake and get on with it.

As I said, its all down to Anton, if he agrees to shakes JT's hand I'm sure JT's hand will be there, he wont want to give the FA anything more to fuel their fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It's an awful load of handbags stuff that handshaking requirement if you ask me, when a person goes into their job, they don't go around shaking hands every morning, so why should players,have to do it? It's causing nothing but controversy, it's benefiting nobody in my opinion.
    (steps down from the soapbox!)

Lucas Piazon not even in the squad for the U21's tonight. No mention of him being injured so hopefully he's in the senior squad for tomorrows game.

• Advertisement

Lucas Piazon not even in the squad for the U21's tonight. No mention of him being injured so hopefully he's in the senior squad for tomorrows game.

He'll be in the squad. He'll be behind Sturridge though to get on. Unless Torres bags another hat trick and is whipped early.

Anyone else not a bit pissed off the fact this game isnt shown live on tv?

I am, it will be a great game for atmosphere and bite so it would have been nice to see.

RDM has said re Malouda

That the player said he wanted to leave (well he knew he would get less chances to play) and that Chelsea planned accordingly by buying players and then Malouda turned down several offers so he just has to accept he wont be involved in the first squad so much and that the other players understand and back this up and it wasnt the same as what AVB did

I think theres a bit of spin on this but I understand, and I dont even blame Malouda really as I dont think the offers he got were anything like his current wage so why should he take a 80% pay cut when he's got a family etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

RDM has said re Malouda

That the player said he wanted to leave (well he knew he would get less chances to play) and that Chelsea planned accordingly by buying players and then Malouda turned down several offers so he just has to accept he wont be involved in the first squad so much and that the other players understand and back this up and it wasnt the same as what AVB did

I think theres a bit of spin on this but I understand, and I dont even blame Malouda really as I dont think the offers he got were anything like his current wage so why should he take a 80% pay cut when he's got a family etc!
    If he took an 80% pay cut to 20,000 per week I'm sure his home life would struggle!!!

Sure he might be entitled to welfare payments if he is only earning 1 million a year BEFORE sponsorship etc!!!

You really are a Chelsea fan, absolutely deluded when your talking or thinking bout money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

If he took an 80% pay cut to 20,000 per week I'm sure his home life would struggle!!!

Sure he might be entitled to welfare payments if he is only earning 1 million a year BEFORE sponsorship etc!!!

You really are a Chelsea fan, absolutely deluded when your talking or thinking bout money!!!

Are you being serious?

Chelsea fans deluded when they are talking about money?Chelsea fans aren't on thousands of pounds per week!

He's clearly stating why should he take a massive pay cut to do the same job at another club!Would you?Don't think so.

And Chelsea U21'S lost to Liverpool 4-1 tonight. :(

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Are you being serious?

Chelsea fans deluded when they are talking about money?Chelsea fans aren't on thousands of pounds per week!

He's clearly stating why should he take a massive pay cut to do the same job at another club!Would you?Don't think so.

How can Chelsea fans not see red re malouda sure let him sit in reserves milking cfc sure whats the harm in that

How can Chelsea fans not see red re malouda sure let him sit in reserves milking cfc sure whats the harm in that

Yeah it's a pain in the arse but he's getting his punishment training with the U21's.

What else could Chelsea do?He rejected several offers!

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pain in the arse but he's getting his punishment training with the U21's.

What else could Chelsea do?He rejected several offers!

Can they not force the sale??

My post wasn't having go at Chelsea just ridiculous that malouda is acting the bollox rejecting offers

• Advertisement

My post wasn't having go at Chelsea just ridiculous that malouda is acting the bollox rejecting offers

The only other thing was pay him off but no don't think they can force a sale.

looks like he may well be off to Lyon in January - perhaps that was the move he was looking for ?

Tell you something hearing about him rejecting offers would turn me off wanting a player like him at my club

Tell you something hearing about him rejecting offers would turn me off wanting a player like him at my club

Not if he turned them down because he wanted to play for your club.

hmmmm

Ok that first post looks worse than it was lol should have generalised all football clubs etc not just Chelsea my bad sorry lads no offense meant

greendom wrote: »
    Not if he turned them down because he wanted to play for your club.

No we have RVP no need for malouda ;)

He's not doing a Bogarde and Chelsea are as much to blame for giving him such a long contract at such a late age

No we have RVP no need for malouda ;)

Not as good a player, I'll grant you, but far less injury prone ;)

• Advertisement

He's not doing a Bogarde and Chelsea are as much to blame for giving him such a long contract at such a late age

Ok maybe Chelsea are a little to blame but if he sits contract out it says a lot bout his ambition etc. greedy little so and so ;) lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement