Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Malouda could of been a great player at Chelsea but just doesn't seem bothered, I know he's very interested in music and is in a band, so maybe he'll concentrate on that and still pick up a hefty wage for just training, can't blame him tbh a contract is there for a reason so why not take advantage of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Malouda could of been a great player at Chelsea but just doesn't seem bothered, I know he's very interested in music and is in a band, so maybe he'll concentrate on that and still pick up a hefty wage for just training, can't blame him tbh a contract is there for a reason so why not take advantage of it

He's very heavily involved with Wyclef Jean's Haitian charity too, perhaps that's another reason why he wants to hold onto his lucrative contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ok maybe Chelsea are a little to blame but if he sits contract out it says a lot bout his ambition etc. greedy little so and so ;) lol

Imagine the conversation with Mrs Malouda

"Hi darling - I've sorted it out - I've got a £10k a week contract in Brazil and we can move there at once or I can sign in 6 months time and start in May and stay on the Chelsea salary till then."

Imagine the conversation with Mrs Malouda

"Hi darling - I've sorted it out - I've got a £10k a week contract in Brazil and we can move there at once or I can sign in 6 months time and start in May and stay on the Chelsea salary till then."

Exactly.

Although footballers are on ridiculous amounts of money, they've become accusted to the lifestyle, I wouldn't blame anybody trying to make as much money as possible, especially in a career as short as a footballer.

At tonight U21s game when the Liverpool player Ngoo scored he lifted his shirt to reveal a hillsborough tribute, he was booked for it but all the Chelsea fans
    Cheered for him, nice gesture I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nobody can force Malouda to join another club, if he says no to contract thats his choice.

Same as anybody leaving their current job, your not going to leave for less money, especially if theres a big difference in your take home pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Florent's wife is called Florencia :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Malouda's case is understandable in the financial sense.

Just annoying as it makes him appear to lack footballing ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Buzzing for today's game be fantastic if we get the 3 points,it's one of those days where you have to win ugly I think :D

Yup should be a good 'un. Hopefully another win and be on top for another week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    kick off is at 3 lads?

Yup, if anyone wants to fire me a link via PM about 2:45 feel free too. ;)

Is there a match thread lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Aquila wrote: »
    kick off is at 3 lads?

Yup, if anyone wants to fire me a link via PM about 2:45 feel free too. ;)
    +1 please lads if you don't mind :)

Is there a match thread lads?

Not yet anyway. Anyone offering to create one? :pac:

Aquila, Gav & Soby, I've sent you's all a PM with a link for the game

Woohoo 1000th post

Hopefully Chelsea get a win today to add to this monumental moment :D

Woohoo 1000th post

Hopefully Chelsea get a win today to add to this monumental moment :D

n00b :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can someone pm me a link please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone else think that today's line up was a very negative formation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Just seen the Anton Ferdinand and John Terry/Ashley Cole non-handshake.
    I understand the Ferdinand and Terry situation.... But what's the story between Cole and Ferdinand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

I understand the Ferdinand and Terry situation.... But what's the story between Cole and Ferdinand?
    Cole was the main witness in the case. Stood up for Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

What are our next few league fixtures (Home) and (Away)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Very frustrating game not one bit happy.

We were miserable all bar Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I think Ferdinand said that Cole was " nothing but a choc ice" on twitter. As in, black on the outside and white on the inside. Cole was defending Terry at the time.
    It was during the whole Terry debackle. Handbags and all that if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Terrible performance but not the worst result in the world tbh. Much more worried by our recent performances than the results. We look clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It was Rio Ferdinand that called him a choc ice, which of course is nothing to do with being white on the inside brown on the outside, well according to Rio anyway. He got a little fine for his racism, interesting to see what Terry gets if the FA find evidence a court of law didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Understand that Torres threw a strop when substituted and went straight down the tunnel. Very disappointing attitude and not great for team spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think the handshake snub of the two lads was a bit OTT.
    Nobody died Anton FFS, get over yourself.
    The two lads came away the better for it by at least offering their hands to shake, fair play to them.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone else think that today's line up was a very negative formation?

Yes and again RDM should his inexperience. Why have the likes of Moses, Oscar and Sturridge on the bench and then play 2 players out of posution and bpth bad bad games.

Terrible starting XI

Techless wrote: »
    Understand that Torres threw a strop when substituted and went straight down the tunnel. Very disappointing attitude and not great for team spirit.

Hes right too though, there were players out there playinh worse and he good hauled off. Id be pee'd off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hes right too though, there were players out there playinh worse and he good hauled off. Id be pee'd off too.

With 10 minutes or whatever left, no one should throw a strop if they get subbed. Bit different if there is a lot of the game left, but RDM is not unlike most managers who will try something different with the game drawing to a close. Torres can be disappointed but he doesn't have to be a child about it.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    With 10 minutes or whatever left, no one should throw a strop if they get subbed. Bit different if there is a lot of the game left, but RDM is not unlike most managers who will try something different with the game drawing to a close. Torres can be disappointed but he doesn't have to be a child about it.

He'll proba ly be dropped for the next EPL game but to take off your main CF when more players are misfiring is stupid. We needed goals yet he left on 3 CM's and made a straight swap.

RDM is to naive at times and to say a point away to QPR is good shows a lack of ambition that was reflected in the team selection.

He'll be judged on where we finish in the EPL overall but hes not inspiring me one at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Bit of a disappointing result today, ill check out MOTD before commenting further - although I did suspect we'd lose points - tough enough fixture away to Eddie Hitler's team :P...

As soon as the team news was announced today I knew things were gonna be tough, as has already been mentioned RDM is showing his inexperience with the team selection. We have possibly one of the most talented squads in the premier league so why play players out of position when we have good enough players to fill those positions in the first place.

Something needs to change quick because if we set up the same way against Juve we'll be taught a serious lesson. Moses needs to start IMO because as everyone can see Ramires is being wasted out on the right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

This is the team we should be playing

cech

--Ivanovich
    luiz
    Terry
    cole----

Mikel
    Ramires

--Moses
    hazard
    mata---

Torres

But the team we will actually play is anyones guess.

As soon as the team news was announced today I knew things were gonna be tough, as has already been mentioned RDM is showing his inexperience with the team selection. We have possibly one of the most talented squads in the premier league so why play players out of position when we have good enough players to fill those positions in the first place.

Something needs to change quick because if we set up the same way against Juve we'll be taught a serious lesson. Moses needs to start IMO because as everyone can see Ramires is being wasted out on the right

I think maybe he saw AVB make too many changes too quickly and has gone the other way. QPR was a one off game - local derby, physical plus with all the handshake drama, so he picked a team he felt suited for that. I'd be surprised if he does that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Seemed like a decent game considering the scoreline. Ref bottled 2 big penalty decisions IMO. The Terry one we see in every game, if they start giving pen's for "tackles" like that they will soon stop. The SWP tackle on Hazard was clear as day how it wasn't given I don't know, but honestly with all the off field stuff surrounding the game I'll gladly settle for a draw, onwards and upwards.

What did everyone think of the Sky Sports special on us willing the champions league? I thought it was great watch, still celebrated every goal :D Was actually gutted when I heard Cech talk about missing the dressing room stuff post game because of the dope testing, him talking about lifting the cup for a photo on his lonesome afterwords :(

.... and also another thing that the program taught reminded me of and that's how much I miss seeing the Drog playing in a Chelsea shirt, legend !!! :(

• Advertisement

I think maybe he saw AVB make too many changes too quickly and has gone the other way. QPR was a one off game - local derby, physical plus with all the handshake drama, so he picked a team he felt suited for that. I'd be surprised if he does that again

I'm not so sure its a one off tbh, not only is Robbie's team selection strange at times but i also feel he's too reluctant to make changes, you cant bring a sub on with only 10 mins to go and expect to make a difference.

Yesterdays result isn't actually a bad one its just I feel the game was there for the taking, I'm more worried about the Juve game now, we definitely need to be winning our home games in the CL with such a tough group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought athletico's schooling would,have been enough of a kick in the balls, judging by yesterday's performance it wasn't.

Apparently JT went off limping (knee) and Mikel picked up a knock.
    Both should be ok for Juve

But it does hightlight my fears about JT and the need to get in a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Is there not a serious overreaction to yesterday?

RDM put out a team with Juve in mind, QPR have a good squad of players who are finally clicking, and its a London derby.

Though the performance itself wasn't great it was by no means disastrous, Moses looked lively when he came on and Hazard might've had 2 on another day. Azp will bring another route at RB.

Think it'll be close, but we'll have too much on Wednesday.

RDM put out a team with Juve in mind, QPR have a good squad of players who are finally clicking, and its a London derby.

Though the performance itself wasn't great it was by no means disastrous, Moses looked lively when he came on and Hazard might've had 2 on another day. Azp will bring another route at RB.

No I dont think so. We saw again 2 players played way out of position and we neagted our attackign threat by taking Torres off. Should have started Moses on the right (or left) as Bertrand really is just a left back, and Ramires is a box to box midfielder. Now I know Danny doesnt like playing on the right, but who is the boss and does he want to play at all?

We know that RDM doesnt rate him and was prepared to loan him out but he didnt want to go, otherwise we would have signed Remy, who was at Chelsea and only fell through cos Danny wouldnt go.

The prioity is the league this season plus a good defence of the euro cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

No I dont think so. We saw again 2 players played way out of position and we neagted our attackign threat by taking Torres off. Should have started Moses on the right (or left) as Bertrand really is just a left back, and Ramires is a box to box midfielder. Now I know Danny doesnt like playing on the right, but who is the boss and does he want to play at all?

We know that RDM doesnt rate him and was prepared to loan him out but he didnt want to go, otherwise we would have signed Remy, who was at Chelsea and only fell through cos Danny wouldnt go.

The prioity is the league this season plus a good defence of the euro cup

Think he's looking ahead towards the inevitable injury crises though. Just for the record I was just as confused by the selection as everyone else but I think he's enforcing a long term plan where a short term would be more effective.

Think he got it all wrong yesterday but will be effective against the bigger teams.

One worry I do have is that he is already relying too much on Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Getting a point away against a team that are beginning to gel is not a bad result.

If it wasnt for J.Ceasar on goal we would have taken 3 points, his 1st half save from Hazard was very good but if we have any aspirations for the league or a challenge, these are the games we have to win.

Next couples of games are important.

Juve, Stoke, Wolves (Capital Cup), Arsenal, FCNordsjaelland, Norwich, Spurs, Donetsk, Man Utd.

Brings us up until the start of November.

If we go unbeaten, all well and good, if we draw 5 or 6 of them its not good enough, if we lose 2 or 3 it will be a disaster.

I'm going to say it will be :

W, W, W, D, W, W, D, D, L.

Spread wrote: »
    Getting a point away against a team that are beginning to gel is not a bad result.

I dont think anyone can be that upset over the result as its not that bad, I think a lot of people are concerned, myself included, is the fact that RDM is playing players out of position and setting up the team too cautiously when on our bench we had a lot of creative players.

It also bugs me that he only used 2 subs and leaves it so late even making changes.

The squad is relatively new and its early days yet but IMO RDM is showing his inexperience, hopefully it doesnt cost us this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement