Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Below is a tweet Lucas Piazon sent earlier, obviously the English isn't great but I make it out that he's in the squad for tonight, but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he started although I dont really see it happening.

"Debuted today at Champions 2012/2013. God bless Come on Blues #CFC @ChelseaFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Below is a tweet Lucas Piazon sent earlier, obviously the English isn't great but I make it out that he's in the squad for tonight, but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he started although I dont really see it happening.

"Debuted today at Champions 2012/2013. God bless Come on Blues #CFC @ChelseaFC.

Theres about 3 or 4 that would start ahead of him so I'd say its just a squad thing that has come out wrong.

Poor fella. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GAv i think your right id imagine we will line up the same as we did against QPR but Mata will take Bertrands place.

I have not seen the Champions of europe thing but it does look good. Regarding Piazon id be very suprized if he started. In fact i dont think he will even get time on the field unless there is serious injuries to our midfeild. Oscar Ramires Marin and Moses would all be ahead of him IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres about 3 or 4 that would start ahead of him so I'd say its just a squad thing that has come out wrong.

Poor fella. :o

I cant imagine him starting myself but the last name I thought I'd see on the CL Final team sheet was Ryan Bertrand, so stranger things have happened.

I actually think Piazon would be a great addition to our squad when he gets some experience under his belt, he's a very intelligent footballer, can't wait to see him getting a run out.

I cant imagine him starting myself but the last name I thought I'd see on the CL Final team sheet was Ryan Bertrand, so stranger things have happened.

I actually think Piazon would be a great addition to our squad when he gets some experience under his belt, he's a very intelligent footballer, can't wait to see him getting a run out.

When I seen Bertrand starting I thought thats it, thers no hope we're winning this, especially with Kalou on the other side. :(

• Advertisement

When I seen Bertrand starting I thought thats it, thers no hope we're winning this, especially with Kalou on the other side. :(

In fairness to Bertrand he did a good job especially when you consider his age & experience, although since then his stock has risen considerably, I'd still rather see him at LB rather than LM.

I'm looking forward to this game tonight, I'd love if we won comfortably so we can get the confidence going again.

Be great to win going into the Stoke game at the weekend, who'll be another tricky game for us.

We still havent found top gear yet or a settled XI IMO, so the quicker we can get there the better, we're lucky Utd/City/Arsenal/Spurs have all dropped points early, not much points but still the more we can captailise the better in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just hope we dont embarress ourselves! (and can spell!)

Moses reveals formation experiments at QPR!
    When I came on we were playing 4-2-3-1, but the manager pulled me back and said we were switching to 4-3-3. I moved out to the right and Ramires went back into the middle with Hazard on the left.
    -Source: ChelseaFC.com.

Yeah id like a good performance tonight even if we narrowly lose but put in a huge performance il take that, Id still be happy with a draw but i can see this been a fistey afair. juve will feel they have some thing to prove coming into a new Champions league and facing the champions in our own back yard.

If Torres is sharp tonight i can only see us winning with Mata and Hazard behind him. But if Torres aint sharp we have Sturridge :)

• Advertisement

Moses reveals formation experiments at QPR!
    When I came on we were playing 4-2-3-1, but the manager pulled me back and said we were switching to 4-3-3. I moved out to the right and Ramires went back into the middle with Hazard on the left.
    -Source: ChelseaFC.com.

I kinda feel a bit smugg now Gav :cool:

what a day wrote: »
    I kinda feel a bit smugg now Gav :cool:

Huh?? :confused:

That we played 4-3-3 or I said at the time is wasnt a 4-3-3?

If tis the latter then I recognised it when he came on, not sure if I mentioned it at the time or if I said it wasnt a 4-3-3 though.

If its the first option then it makes less sense that we go to a more defensive position when we're drawing 0-0 but i'm not the manager. :P

Nah just that we were posting the other day about us having to try out a 4-3-3 formation. Good to get it confirmed from one of the players and so early on in the season we are trying things out.

As for the formations i still think we will line out as you said against QPR bar Bertrand for Mata.

Looking forward to this game now, day is draggin by here in work!!!!

Lads just a little side note, the fans who are responsible for the big Chelsea flag being passed around before the game have said that they've made a new one and are showing it off tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I entered a competition to design that but haven't heard anything back so wont be my design - bah!
    Lads just a little side note, the fans who are responsible for the big Chelsea flag being passed around before the game have said that they've made a new one and are showing it off tonight.

bullpost wrote: »
    I entered a competition to design that but haven't heard anything back so wont be my design - bah!

Unless its a surprise :rolleyes:

Team confirmed..

Cech
    ivan luiz jt cole
    mikel lamps
    ramires oscar hazard
    torres

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Sturridge not even makin the bench ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Is sturridge injured as on the bench to replace torres is only Moses.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Techless wrote: »
    Sturridge not even makin the bench ..

See its a hamstring injury

• Advertisement

Wow Oscar starts - huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Watching kings of Europe before this game and I'm buzzIng for this match, really hope it's not a let down! Big surprise that Oscar is starting, hope he puts in a good shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

That kings of Europe doc is fantastic, well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very disappointing second half, but I suppose should be happy with a point really... Oscar looked great for the first half, very promising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

poor in second half though did have chances to make it 3-1, Mikel was very poor gave away the ball a number of times though sloppy from JT for the goal. Torres was quiet but didn't get much service but he has to try and make space for himself.
    Possibly Hazard's worst game.

and Oscar take a bow son, that was an outstanding goal.
    We seemed to struggle in midfield once Ramieres went off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So gents, how did Oscar do overall?

Started quiet but once he scored improved big time.

kryogen wrote: »
    So gents, how did Oscar do overall?

He's the real deal alright, busy inventive and defends as well.
    Amazed we managed to smuggle him out considering all the Lucas nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone know where you can watch the Kings of Europe piece Sky did online? Still haven't seen it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

so f*cking dissapointed .... we were winning and that crowd barca were losing .... i am gutted .... i dont want to be banned here , but i really really really
    (oposite of love) barca....

gutted.

1 pt at home to Juve is unacceptable for the champions of Europe.

max we finish is 2nd ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

the_monkey wrote: »
    so f*cking dissapointed .... we were winning and that crowd barca were losing .... i am gutted .... i dont want to be banned here , but i really really really

gutted.

max we finish is 2nd ..

Yes we didnt win but is not the end of the world its one game and i think we will still do well in the group, Juve are a good team we defended badly so it was going to happen that they would catch us out at some point. We will top this group.

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can watch the Kings of Europe piece Sky did online? Still haven't seen it!

It started 7mins ago and its also on at 11 am tomorrow.

Next game js away to that Noooooordslllavaahaghgaahg crowd, tough but we have to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Just back from the bridge and although disappointing result was great to see Oscar in action, looked amazing, if that's what he's like after tiring international duty, can't wait to see what he's capable of when fresh. After thinking Mikel had finally turned into a quality player after recent performances he was poor again tonight, giving the ball away constantly, poor passes and at fault for the equaliser after failing to hoof it upfield.

Most worryingly though was Torres, he was slow, looked his usual sulky self and really offered us nothing, I hope there's a plan B coz with all that talent in midfield we need someone to do the finishing.

Ref was shocking, as per usual in the CL ;)

• Advertisement

growler wrote: »
    Just back from the bridge and although disappointing result was great to see Oscar in action, looked amazing, if that's what he's like after tiring international duty, can't wait to see what he's capable of when fresh. After thinking Mikel had finally turned into a quality player after recent performances he was poor again tonight, giving the ball away constantly, poor passes and at fault for the equaliser after failing to hoof it upfield.

Most worryingly though was Torres, he was slow, looked his usual sulky self and really offered us nothing, I hope there's a plan B coz with all that talent in midfield we need someone to do the finishing.

Mikel gabe away the ball on the lead up to the 2nd. Was really stupid because he was playing well breaking up play and offering us an outlet.

RDM has a selection problem for Stoke saturday. Oscar looked good. We might have Mata back he linked well when he was on. So hopefully RDM uses Ramires in cm. Mata/Hazard/Moses/Oscar to play in the three advanced roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Mikel got a few interceptions but yeah, shocking on the ball. Teams also pass through the pair of him and Lamps way too easily IMO. Genuinely think Meireles was worth hanging on to.

Have to disagree on Torres. Thought he had to drop very deep on quite a few occasions, and did well in building up play. Would have been nice to see a goal, but he put a shift in IMO.

Growler you've hit the nail on the head.

IMO we are only accommodating Torres in the team, its now time to give Danny a go up front, our play going forward is good and also very fast, but as soon as we get to the final 3rd everything slows up.

something that also bugged me last night was the amount of times Cech hoofed the ball up the field and also the amount of high crosses put into the box, its Torres up front not Drogba :confused:

Its not the worst result as long as we win our remaining home games and at least one away game.

Hopefully Oscar's injury isnt too bad and we get to see him at the weekend, he's only going to get better with more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

the_monkey wrote: »

gutted.

max we finish is 2nd ..

I think this shows a total lack of respect for Juve tbh.

They were unbeaten last season. Italys team in the Euros had 7 of Juve's usual 11. They are a very strong side. And Serie A isn't as bad as many who cover 'the best league in the world' would have you believe.

I agree that being 2 up and not finishing out the game is not acceptable at this level, but Chelsea have hardly been setting the world alight this season so far and Di Matteo is struggling to get the team set up and functioning right imho. You have been stuttering to results and some recent performances have not been up to it.

Give Juve some credit. They could have sneaked the 3pts in the end.

And why does the Barca result have any bearing on Chelsea's?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not the worst result in the world.
    Juve are a very good team and players like Vidal will be a handful for any team.

Its early in the season and we are still a work in progress. Whats worrying though is our defence - those lapses of concentration need to be fixed quickly.

I'd also worry about Torres - he played well last night but we really need him for the goals and thats not happening .

• Advertisement

It doesnt really matter if we play Torres or Danny or Falcao or Gomez upfront. We're not making enough chances for a striker to convert.

Not at one stage had Torres a chance in the game, if he missed a few you could say, grand, aze him for the next game hes had his chance.

But this myth the team is build around him is a bit silly. The team is built around keeping the ball looking for openings. We often go backwards or sideways insted of looking for the killer ball, Mata and Hazard love using the ball, having it at their feet but they dont always make the move off it into space for another player to find them.

At the moment we're caught between a fluid team trying to keep the ball and probe for an opening or a team that wants to get it up the field as fast as possible and in behind for a striker to chase.

We also give away to much possesion, Juventus had over 50 % last night that shows us that we give it away to easily and when we do we're afraid to go after it and get back, backing off alot of the time, yes we pinched it off Juventus CM's a few times but the pressure from our players wasnt there.

This team and system is a bit off at the moment and we may do well in the UCL as well as the EPL but we need a settled XI and that cant include Ivan, Mikel, Lamps, Ramires all the time, they're simply not good enough.

Lampard will probably reach double figures in the EPL this year again but that hides the fact he offers us very little in a 2 man CM, especially in a defensive awareness role like DM when he has to watch the man breaking from midfield.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think this shows a total lack of respect for Juve tbh.

They were unbeaten last season. Italys team in the Euros had 7 of Juve's usual 11. They are a very strong side. And Serie A isn't as bad as many who cover 'the best league in the world' would have you believe.

I agree that being 2 up and not finishing out the game is not acceptable at this level, but Chelsea have hardly been setting the world alight this season so far and Di Matteo is struggling to get the team set up and functioning right imho. You have been stuttering to results and some recent performances have not been up to it.

Give Juve some credit. They could have sneaked the 3pts in the end.

And why does the Barca result have any bearing on Chelsea's?????

He doesnt like Barca. :pac:

Its just not good enough to be 2 goals up at home and let it slip, no matter who you're playing.

We let Juventus back into the game with sloppy play and bad tactics. A few people have to hold their hands up and say they played poor and RDM's subs again were baffling to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He doesnt like Barca. :pac:

Its just not good enough to be 2 goals up at home and let it slip, no matter who you're playing.

We let Juventus back into the game with sloppy play and bad tactics. A few people have to hold their hands up and say they played poor and RDM's subs again were baffling to say the least.

I said that, and fully agree.

But the wording on the post I quoted, basically that "1 pt against Juve is unacceptable" showed a lack of respect imho. Now if it was said int he context of throwing away a 2 goal lead, then 1pt is unacceptable, but the wording makes it sound like Juve should be a guaranteed 3pts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

NIMAN wrote: »
    I said that, and fully agree.

But the wording on the post I quoted, basically that "1 pt against Juve is unacceptable" showed a lack of respect imho. Now if it was said int he context of throwing away a 2 goal lead, then 1pt is unacceptable, but the wording makes it sound like Juve should be a guaranteed 3pts.

OK fair enough, it was more that we threw away a 2 goal lead at home ...

no disrespect to Juventus

We shouldnt be dropping any points to any team at home in any game.

We're good enough to win every game at Stamford Bridge no matter what team shows up and we have to start doing that if we want to make strides in the EPL and UCL.

To often we've left teams back into games under RDM and thats whats going to cost him his job at the end of the season.

bascially Mikel and Torres have no competition for their places and they need it IMO. Its no secret we were\are looking for another striker, but midfield also needs addressing

It doesnt really matter if we play Torres or Danny or Falcao or Gomez upfront. We're not making enough chances for a striker to convert.

Not at one stage had Torres a chance in the game, if he missed a few you could say, grand, aze him for the next game hes had his chance.

I'd have to disagree with you on that to a certain extent Gav, how many times last night did we see Torres on on either wing getting the ball? Its pointless him being out there he's meant to be a striker.

I dont no if I'm right here but I have a feeling the players dont have the confidence in him to be giving him the ball, as much as I hate to say it, I think we should definitely bring in a replacement in January.

bascially Mikel and Torres have no competition for their places and they need it IMO. Its no secret we were\are looking for another striker, but midfield also needs addressing

Mikel shoudl be rotated with Romeu or Ramires,there is games when an out an out DM is not needed and both the above could do what Mikel does to a degree but offer much more going forward.
    I'd have to disagree with you on that to a certain extent Gav, how many times last night did we see Torres on on either wing getting the ball? Its pointless him being out there he's meant to be a striker.

I dont no if I'm right here but I have a feeling the players dont have the confidence in him to be giving him the ball, as much as I hate to say it, I think we should definitely bring in a replacement in January.

But if the team doesnt have confidence in him hes going to come deep. He cant really win in this situation, if he stays central then people will slate him for not been involved in the play and if he comes deep or plays wide people will slate him for not been central. :pac:

I've no problem with another striker coming in but we shouldnt have left Lukaku go and nearly leave Sturridge go if we only had one striker up there. There was a striker defiently missed out on transfer deadline day but I'd love to know who.

Mikel shoudl be rotated with Romeu or Ramires,there is games when an out an out DM is not needed and both the above could do what Mikel does to a degree but offer much more going forward.

But if the team doesnt have confidence in him hes going to come deep. He cant really win in this situation, if he stays central then people will slate him for not been involved in the play and if he comes deep or plays wide people will slate him for not been central. :pac:

I've no problem with another striker coming in but we shouldnt have left Lukaku go and nearly leave Sturridge go if we only had one striker up there. There was a striker defiently missed out on transfer deadline day but I'd love to know who.

The problem with him coming depp or out to the wings is once he gets the ball and passes it on he doesnt have the pace to race back in to position, I would honestly love for him to hit a hot streak but getting a goal here & there as the main striker is simply not good enough.

I would love if we brought in someone like Higuain or Falcao (obviously), even though I think Lukaku will play a big part next season we still need more options up front & competition for places.

I taught Torres had a good game, could have done one or two tings different but all in all he played very well and tried to get on the ball as much as possible. He will never be the striker he once was but he is not finished yet, as Gav said he did not get any clear cut chances and Mata could have set him up for a tap in but Mata chose to shoot himself.

As i said ysterday id be happy with a draw against Juve once we put in a good performance and i think we did. We passed and moved with some slick passing at times and were unlucky not to get a peno also. Bertrand and Cole link up very well and i taught Cole or Cheilini was MOTM. Oscar and Rami linked up well together but Ramires failed to deliver a serious treat from the right.

Mikel broke up play very well but was terrible when releasing the ball especially in the 2nd half. Subs could have been different and i would have liked to see Mikel come off for Ramires and put Moses or Mata on.
    Hazard offered nothing on the right against Cheilini and we should have moved Hazard back into the center and Moses or Mata have a go on the right aginst Cheilini.

Nice to see the pass and movement and some pacient build up play in our midfeild. Our Defensive options have to tinkered with and find a better solution to Lamps and Mikel. Lamps played well IMO and was nice to see him swap roles with Oscar now and again. Mikel is a dud IMO and we have to try out Rami/Oriol there!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement