Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Looks like Jon Obi has come in for some racist abuse on twitter, and hes closed his account.

From Chelsea's Twitter:

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc

Abuse on social networks is abhorrent. Racist tweets towards Mikel are totally unacceptable. Police informed. #CFC supports strongest action

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

what a day wrote: »
    I said i would start him there before Mikel, which i would in a 3 man mid.
    As for people wining about who ever is in charge, thats what makes football interesting on boards. Every one has their own opinion on what they see. BTW i dont see many people moaning just some people voicing their opinion on what they would change or how we could be better.

We dont have much to moan about any way, european champions and 1st in the PL.

As for the Pep comment i think your right, Roman has him ear marked and im sure Pep is sitting back taking note on what he wants to change if he was to take charge. He wants a break but he confessed himself he cannot stay away from football for long and im sure he is like most fans studying his club weather he comes to Chelsea Man Utd or who ever.

By the way i think most of our player would suit Pep should he take over bar maybe 2 or 3 players. I for one would love him to take over next year and implament his tiki taka style into the club from youth level through to our starting 11. Exceptional football to watch!

You still failed to explain why you would start Luiz ahead of Mikel. Saying you'd do so does not explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    You still failed to explain why you would start Luiz ahead of Mikel. Saying you'd do so does not explain.

I'd rather start him upfront TBH. :pac:

He has better technique then most in our squad and hes got a good strike off a ball and is calm as f**k.

So my solution.....Cahill and JT at the back and Luiz upfront and drop Torres/Sturridge, title to Stamford Bridge. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8095163/Oscar-will-improve-Chelsea-s-midfield-but-where-is-Fernando-Torres-competition-

im hungover...but this made me lol...
    With Germany international Marko Marin also an option and Florent Malouda to come in if Roberto Di Matteo is ever feeling in a particularly odd mood

Drinking on a school night....tut tut :rolleyes: :p

Ya,if Malouda was to see game time it would have to be the mother of all injury crisis or the League Cup. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Agree that sturridge should be given a run out as forward and think he link up better. At what point will they realise Torres does not work and move on.
    He was a great striker but those days seem to be gone.
    Sturridge will run at the defense and shoot. When taken off will sit on the bench. Once his fit give him a go upfront for 2 games and he will score and create more chances then Torres.

Aquila wrote: »
    Morons who done that,missed the game but was gutted to hear we threw away a 2 goal lead,on the plus side Oscar is quality,great finishes!

Ah Twitter is a real special place though for clowns and people who are some what deluded, see Joey Barton for such delights.

I'm all for criticism but thats over stepping the line, I'd like to see what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I would start Luiz ahead of Mikel mainly because he offers more going forward than Mikel does with his range of passes. Luiz is excellent at intercepting balls and loves to nick the ball from the oposition. He also loves to run at people to close down attackers and some times he can be rash in the tackle were as Mikel likes to intercept and close down only.
    Luiz been rash in tackles can be fixed with experience and id rather he learned that outside the box than in it TBH.

Both are very good at retaining the ball under pressure which is a must for a DM but so is having tactical awareness and vision which Mikel does not have. Mikel slows down the game too much and we seen plenty of times when he attepts to release a quick ball it goes arse ways!

Only problem with Playing Luiz in midfield is we would be stuck with a slow JT and by moving Luiz we lose out on a quicker CB.
    I think Luiz would make a brilliant DM as he can bomb forward if we use a DM duo simular to the way Yaya bombs forward for City.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Agree that sturridge should be given a run out as forward and think he link up better. At what point will they realise Torres does not work and move on.
    He was a great striker but those days seem to be gone.
    Sturridge will run at the defense and shoot. When taken off will sit on the bench. Once his fit give him a go upfront for 2 games and he will score and create more chances then Torres.

Now that I woudl like to see, one of Sturridge's failings is he doesnt create for others and often takes too many touches.

Hes got tunnel vision as soon as he sees the goal, he wont be passing and usually takes the shot on, Ramires does it too, apart from the other night when he passed it from about 10 yards out. :pac:

• Advertisement

I would start Luiz ahead of Mikel mainly because he offers more going forward than Mikel does with his range of passes. Luiz is excellent at intercepting balls and loves to nick the ball from the oposition. He also loves to run at people to close down attackers and some times he can be rash in the tackle were as Mikel likes to intercept and close down only.
    Luiz been rash in tackles can be fixed with experience and id rather he learned that outside the box than in it TBH.

Both are very good at retaining the ball under pressure which is a must for a DM but so is having tactical awareness and vision which Mikel does not have. Mikel slows down the game too much and we seen plenty of times when he attepts to release a quick ball it goes arse ways!

Only problem with Playing Luiz in midfield is we would be stuck with a slow JT and by moving Luiz we lose out on a quicker CB.
    I think Luiz would make a brilliant DM as he can bomb forward if we use a DM duo simular to the way Yaya bombs forward for City.

Cahill would be quick enough to help out JT in the back line.

I cant compare Luiz to Toure though, that guy is probably the bect midfielder in the league, he has it all and has played in there for years, it would be interesting to see Luiz in there but I dont think it will happen.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cahill would be quick enough to help out JT in the back line.

I cant compare Luiz to Toure though, that guy is probably the bect midfielder in the league, he has it all and has played in there for years, it would be interesting to see Luiz in there but I dont think it will happen.

IM saying he is as good as Yaya im just saying he would be capable of simular runs from DM. As for Sturridge as striker should be greedy but Sturridge was greedy when played out wide. This is exacly the point, he is not a RW he is a striker. He wants to score goals which is why he is greedy from wide areas. Put him in the center and watch his play grow and grow!

I dont think we will ever see Luiz as DM either BTW, i was just answering Amible question.

I hear ya. :)

Anyway, back to winning ways hopefully on Saturday, be the best way to set us up going into a UCL game.

Ideally, Liverpool would beat Utd and City and Arsenal would draw.

Anyway, back to winning ways hopefully on Saturday, be the best way to set us up going into a UCL game.

I hope Arsenal do City. City will not make many slip ups this season and Arsenal should give them a problem or two. IMO we should be getting 3 pionts from Stoke although i said the same about QPR. We had better get 3 points tommoro if we are to keep ahead of the pack and send us into the CL with a win.

What way would you like to see us line up tommorow?
    I think we should start with a 4-2-3-1 again and give Oscar a start and see how he gets on. Towards the end bring on Moses for fresh energy in attack. Start Ramires in DM with Mikel.

Torres

--Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata--

Ramires
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

He offers more going forward as a defensive midfielder?

Add to that by your own admission you've never seen him play in midfield so you have no idea how he'd play.

IMHO it's fair for some posters to say they would like to see him have a go at that position(I don't agree) but to say you'd start him there ahead of Mikel is silly even after Mikel's error this week. Speaking of which some of the criticism of Mikel has been disgraceful on Twitter. Shame on those morons that did it

Liverpool are due a big performance against one of the better teams but I don't see it myself this week.
    I hope I'm wrong though :)

Add to that by your own admission you've never seen him play in midfield so you have no idea how he'd play.

IMHO it's fair for some posters to say they would like to see him have a go at that position(I don't agree) but to say you'd start him there ahead of Mikel is silly even after Mikel's error this week. Speaking of which some of the criticism of Mikel has been disgraceful on Twitter. Shame on those morons that did it

Mikel was playing well enough before the 2nd goal IMO and was much more effective then Lampard was again, IMO.

Agree on the Twitter abuse, its a medium for idiots to take pot shots at celebrities and the like and try get somewhat famous.

I'd have no problem saying " your sh*t " but when its gets racial then thats where it goes well over the line but unfortunatly there isnt an IQ test for people using the Internet. :o

Mikel was playing well enough before the 2nd goal IMO and was much more effective then Lampard was again, IMO.

Agree on the Twitter abuse, its a medium for idiots to take pot shots at celebrities and the like and try get somewhat famous.

I'd have no problem saying " your sh*t " but when its gets racial then thats where it goes well over the line but unfortunatly there isnt an IQ test for people using the Internet. :o

Agree with everything in that post :)

I hope Arsenal do City. City will not make many slip ups this season and Arsenal should give them a problem or two. IMO we should be getting 3 pionts from Stoke although i said the same about QPR. We had better get 3 points tommoro if we are to keep ahead of the pack and send us into the CL with a win.

What way would you like to see us line up tommorow?
    I think we should start with a 4-2-3-1 again and give Oscar a start and see how he gets on. Towards the end bring on Moses for fresh energy in attack. Start Ramires in DM with Mikel.

Torres

--Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata--

Ramires
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

That should be the team but it will probably be the same as Juventus, with Mata coming in for Oscar. :(
    Liverpool are due a big performance against one of the better teams but I don't see it myself this week.
    I hope I'm wrong though :)

Liverpool have done very wel against Utd at home in recent times.

Liverpool as a club and city always raises there game when Utd come to town so form always goes out the window, I'd expect a draw but wouldnt be surprised if ye knicked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

What happened to Mikel is an absolute disgrace, if the people who done it are so called Chelsea fans they ought to be ashamed of themselves, we'll whoever they support they should still be ashamed.

Although Mikel has been frustrating the past couple of games, people need to remember its only a game, also for those with extremely short memories should think back to when Mikel's father was kidnapped and he was informed before the Stoke game yet he still chose to play the game. The ultimate professional IMO

I think Mikel should be the 1st name on the team sheet this weekend, he's guaranteed to have fire in the belly after the stick he's received over the last few days, lets hope he puts in some solid performances over the coming weeks and sickens the racists/Trolls.

Im sorry Amiable im not as Literate as you
    I would like to "TRY" Luiz in a 3 man midfield as the DM before Mikel as i "THINK" he would offer more

I do appologise for making a silly comment Amiable!

The thing with Mikel is hes not spectacular, hes not going to pass it 60 yards or score from 25 yards, hes not going to beat 3 fellas and nut meg the keeper but he is consistent.

Hes always there, hes of a level I know and I think he wont get much better but at the moment hes still our best DM, now either that will ahve to change or we'll have to accept that every now and again he'll make a mistake because hes human but the abuse online is really stupid and is all thats wrong with the internet, hiding behind the screen and been a keyboard warrior impresses nobody but liek minded idiots who try to put the boot in.

While it must be sad to see and I know if I seen it it would upset me but then I'd realise I'm a professional footballer making millions a year and that I've acheived a level that these idiots can only dream about and that I'm doing something I love, hope Mikel realises that and comes out stronger for it.

The thing with Mikel is hes not spectacular, hes not going to pass it 60 yards or score from 25 yards, hes not going to beat 3 fellas and nut meg the keeper but he is consistent.

Hes always there, hes of a level I know and I think he wont get much better but at the moment hes still our best DM, now either that will ahve to change or we'll have to accept that every now and again he'll make a mistake because hes human but the abuse online is really stupid and is all thats wrong with the internet, hiding behind the screen and been a keyboard warrior impresses nobody but liek minded idiots who try to put the boot in.

While it must be sad to see and I know if I seen it it would upset me but then I'd realise I'm a professional footballer making millions a year and that I've acheived a level that these idiots can only dream about and that I'm doing something I love, hope Mikel realises that and comes out stronger for it.

I cant agree he is consistant Gav, thats probably his biggest downfall. Some games he does a quality job and others he makes a lot of mistakes. only difference here is he was punished for his mistakes and no some sad idiots are abussing him on Twitter.

Dont take me up wrong lads im not a Mikel hater and i have always backed him the same as i have Kalou and Bosi. Mikel has always been a loyal servent to us but he is not great and i think we should be looking to immprove in this area. Even if we do get a better replacment id still keep Mikel.

An i dont think any fans expect a DM to be scoreing screemers, we just want a bit of a better passing range and more consistancy from a DM....well thats what i want any way.

Is anyone starting to worry alot about our defensive fralities?someone told me the other day JT is past it:eek: any truth?

Nope. We have the same defense as last year and defended pretty well against some teams. Only this year we are changing our style of play to an attacking style. All teams leak goals its the whole idea of the game but we are going to make some mistakes while we get used to our new tactics.

Im more conserned about how we are going to score goals TBH. But again this may just take a while to adapt and learn how to play with each other to open up defenses.

• Advertisement

I cant agree he is consistant Gav, thats probably his biggest downfall. Some games he does a quality job and others he makes a lot of mistakes. only difference here is he was punished for his mistakes and no some sad idiots are abussing him on Twitter.

Dont take me up wrong lads im not a Mikel hater and i have always backed him the same as i have Kalou and Bosi. Mikel has always been a loyal servent to us but he is not great and i think we should be looking to immprove in this area. Even if we do get a better replacment id still keep Mikel.

An i dont think any fans expect a DM to be scoreing screemers, we just want a bit of a better passing range and more consistancy from a DM....well thats what i want any way.

My main point should have been hes consistently played at the same level for a few years, he hasnt got better by much and he hasnt worsened but he should have been a hell of lot better. I actually think hes decent footballer but hes been made to be the anchor man which in a 2 man DM formation which restricts him. He has got forward more this year and looked ok in doing so, not suggesting he should replace Mata or Hazard though. :pac:

The problemis there is a lack of top quality DM's around at the moment, Utd dont have one although if Fletcher can return they'll be sorted, Arsenal sold there guy, City have 2, Toure & Garcia after selling De Jong, Spurs have Sandro, Liverpool have Leiva when hes fit.

Ideally you'd want someone like Busquets or X.Alonso who can dictate play and offer defensive cover but theres no chance in getting any of them.

Some people, not really on here but in general were labelling Yann M'Vila like the next coming of Christ with how highly he was rated but thats died down recently, hes a good footbaler but he still has a bit to prove if he gets down to it.

Fellaini is a now go, playing him and hoping he defends is like playing Lampard in there, he'll do a job but wont excel in there. Fellaini has looked excellent this year as hes occuiped the position that Cahill left and hes playing free between midifeld and attack.

I honestly dont know who we could get that could bolster our DM options as I'm not sure if Romeu has it, time well tell I guess.

Is anyone starting to worry alot about our defensive fralities?someone told me the other day JT is past it:eek: any truth?

TBH I think JT has been past it for about a year now but for every bad game he has he has 3 or 4 good games, he isnt the player he used to be but hes still our best defender and leader. Cole and the other CB have alot to do at times to cover Terry who sometimes gets caught positionally.

I wouldnt go benching him though, he needs to be playing CB and its up to Robbie to decide who to play.

For the stoke game I'd nearly play JT and Cahill at CB, Cahill is excellent in the air and a bit taller then Luiz and should match up better against Crouch, if Luiz plays I presume JT will mark Crouch as Luiz could give away frees to bate the band by trying to get over and around Crouch.

My main point should have been hes consistently played at the same level for a few years, he hasnt got better by much and he hasnt worsened but he should have been a hell of lot better. I actually think hes decent footballer but hes been made to be the anchor man which in a 2 man DM formation which restricts him. He has got forward more this year and looked ok in doing so, not suggesting he should replace Mata or Hazard though. :pac:

The problemis there is a lack of top quality DM's around at the moment, Utd dont have one although if Fletcher can return they'll be sorted, Arsenal sold there guy, City have 2, Toure & Garcia after selling De Jong, Spurs have Sandro, Liverpool have Leiva when hes fit.

Ideally you'd want someone like Busquets or X.Alonso who can dictate play and offer defensive cover but theres no chance in getting any of them.

Some people, not really on here but in general were labelling Yann M'Vila like the next coming of Christ with how highly he was rated but thats died down recently, hes a good footbaler but he still has a bit to prove if he gets down to it.

Fellaini is a now go, playing him and hoping he defends is like playing Lampard in there, he'll do a job but wont excel in there. Fellaini has looked excellent this year as hes occuiped the position that Cahill left and hes playing free between midifeld and attack.

I honestly dont know who we could get that could bolster our DM options as I'm not sure if Romeu has it, time well tell I guess.

Fellaini would be quality but people now think he is an attacking midfielder because he replaced Arteta/Cahill in midfeild. He is quality at mopping up and distroying attacks, plus he also ties between the defense and attack. I have been a massive fan of him since he joined Everton and before he started playing constantly furter up field.

I also think Tiote could do an awsome job as DM too, simular to Fellaini he can do both jobs but is mainly noticed when he is scoring goals.

Fellaini for me is a really big player especilly if we are to play a more fluid attacking style as he can slip from a defending midfielder to an attacking striker to a CM etc. He can fill in gaps all over the pitch the way totalfootball dictates

RDM: "Daniel Sturridge is better but tomorrow will be too soon, if he doesn't make the League Cup game it shouldn't be much longer

So Torres will be getting a full game tomorrow, hopefully he can deliver, the interesting thing is who will start up front for us if Danny isn't fit for the league cup game?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    So Torres will be getting a full game tomorrow, hopefully he can deliver, the interesting thing is who will start up front for us if Danny isn't fit for the league cup game?

We will be fine.................we have Luiz!! :D

Sturridge will be back dont worry. Mata also claiming he has alot more to give us this season as he is now used to the PL............WAHOO!!!!

I cant imagine he could be any better, the chap is amazing. Cant wait to see him play a few games along side Hazard and maybe Oscar in the middle or Moses on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Apparently Roman was in the dressing room after the Juve game asking why we lost a 2 goal lead! :eek:

(Hopefully the answer was - "we need a few more in gov!")

Apparently Roman was in the dressing room after the Juve game asking why we lost a 2 goal lead! :eek:

(Hopefully the answer was - "we need a few more in gov!")

I'd be worried if I was RDm.

http://www.hasrobertodimatteobeensackedyet.com/

:pac:

Apparently Oscar will be fit for tomorrow (although as the reason given that the CL as less physical and less fast, Playing Stoke would seem a strange place to start !)

Apparently Oscar will be fit for tomorrow (although as the reason given that the CL as less physical and less fast, Playing Stoke would seem a strange place to start !)

I'd say we'll line up like this :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel Lamps
    Ramires Hazard Mata
    Torres

As ya mentioned, RDM wanted to give him a chance inthe UCL as its slower, but that Juventus game was very fast, RDM or the scouts must not have done their homework, Juventus arent your typical Italian team and play very quicjkly and aggresively.

Still though, Oscar proved against some of the best players in Europe that he could cut it so I'd say he has a good case to be made for starting him.

I'd say we'll line up like this :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel Lamps
    Ramires Hazard Mata
    Torres

As ya mentioned, RDM wanted to give him a chance inthe UCL as its slower, but that Juventus game was very fast, RDM or the scouts must not have done their homework, Juventus arent your typical Italian team and play very quicjkly and aggresively.

Still though, Oscar proved against some of the best players in Europe that he could cut it so I'd say he has a good case to be made for starting him.

I like your line up Gav and i think thats what we will line up like but id love to see Oscar in CM with Ramires in for Lampard. It should be enough to beat a tough Stoke team and sure we can always throw on Moses or Lampard if it does not work out.

I like your line up Gav and i think thats what we will line up like but id love to see Oscar in CM with Ramires in for Lampard. It should be enough to beat a tough Stoke team and sure we can always throw on Moses or Lampard if it does not work out.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Moses will start for Ramires!

You could be right too sgt, Robbie is developing a habit of throwing a curve ball with his line ups, always makes it interesting i suppose.

Im lookin forward to the cup games too, im sure we will see a few odd line ups in it from RDM.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS12Ci0wIl-e0OkKkWkbdMqtrP5yJmeI2tDySsB_vRRPwbWdFnP1RQTGI8 Hummmmm

That wouldnt be a bad thing really. Moses will provide more of a threat then Ramires anyway.

You could be right too sgt, Robbie is developing a habit of throwing a curve ball with his line ups, always makes it interesting i suppose.

Im lookin forward to the cup games too, im sure we will see a few odd line ups in it from RDM.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS12Ci0wIl-e0OkKkWkbdMqtrP5yJmeI2tDySsB_vRRPwbWdFnP1RQTGI8 Hummmmm

Curve balls dont always work though. :pac: I'd like to see him start though or else Marin or both. :pac:

I have to say lads we are looking good for this season with us sitting pretty on top of the PL as the champions of europe. We just got a taste of what Oscar will offer us for years to come. Mata just returning to us and raring to go. Marin and Azpilicueta have yet to play and we only barley seen Moses in action.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for tommorow!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I would like to see us line out like this:

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Hazard Oscar Mata
    Torres

Has to be the strongest 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Hazard Oscar Mata
    Torres

agreed but hopefully Cesar will be in it in a month or two

agreed but hopefully Cesar will be in it in a month or two

I think we'll see Cesar make his debut against Wolves in the League cup, he might make a cameo tomorrow if we're winning comfortably.

On a side note lads, Josh is starting tonight for Middlesborough against Blackburn, it's on Sky sports if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

McEachran starting for Boro -v- Blackburn now on SS1

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Ramires Mikel
    Hazard Oscar Mata
    Torres

The problem with that is, the problem with Chelsea's transfer policy
    We have no proper width with Hazard Oscar and Mata, they all want to cut inside. Someone has to be sacrificed
    Play a false 9, drop Torres, drop either Hazard or Oscar, (Surely we dont need them both to beat Stoke?!)
    Play Moses on the right and Marin if fit on the left

Marin - Mata - Oscar - Moses

Josh Mac on Sky for M'Boro is playing well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Looks like Jon Obi has come in for some racist abuse on twitter, and hes closed his account.

From Chelsea's Twitter:

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc

Abuse on social networks is abhorrent. Racist tweets towards Mikel are totally unacceptable. Police informed. #CFC supports strongest action

Terry should keep it in the dressing room and not take to twitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Hello everyone, back after a two week ban for being a bold boy :)

We definitely need a win today, we've been pretty poor in our last 3 games and Stoke at the Bridge is the perfect way to state our intentions again.

I'd like to see Moses and Oscar starting, Moses will provide us with a bit of width that we just dont have at the moment and Oscar is coming off of 2 goals on his Champions League debut so his confidence will be sky high.

And please God no defensive errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I really hope we don't go after guardiola, I have far more faith in RDM getting the best out of the team than pep.

I know people have been complaining about some of RDM's tactics but if pep was in charge it wouldn't be long before the same people start criticising the poor defence, playing a style unsuited to the team, conceding soft goals.......yada yada yada yada. I get the impression from some fans on this forum that whoever was in charge they would find something to complain about:rolleyes:
    The way I see it, Chelsea are far from any kind of finished product. The Juventus match demonstrated that we're a team of two halves. It's not just that our defence isn't sorted. It's more that it isn't integrated into a way of playing.

Of course it's still early days. But there are still a lot of structural improvements to be made before we can start clicking. RA will be looking to upgrade in a lot of areas in the next year.

Personally I think Terry is not part of future plans and will be wound down this year. Similar story for Lampard. As for RDM, he'll have to achieve a lot to secure his position. I don't think RA sees him as a long-term manager. I'm not criticising RDM as such. But he's been put in an almost impossible position that he can only surmount by winning the Premiership and getting to the last four of the UCL, and do so with a better way of playing.

Failing that, if Guardiola wants the job, it's his for the taking if he can convince RA he has a new approach. He can't replicate Barca. Maybe that particular approach is set to be superseded anyway. And you certainly can't replicate Messi. Unless Pep could convince him to come to CFC.

All speculation. But fun to try and work out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement