Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    I don't think there's much chance of that.
    If I were Terry I'd just take the punishment and use it to his advantage.

I'd agree with ya, take the ban and get on with it.

Going down the arbitration route would be extreme, unless he felt his position at Chelsea was coming under threat from the FA's findings.

Time well tell I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

What charges did the FA bring against Ferdinand for his racial slur against Ashley Cole?

what a day wrote: »
    What charges did the FA bring against Ferdinand for his racial slur against Ashley Cole?

Improper conduct back in late July, early August I think.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Improper conduct back in late July, early August I think.

Did he get a ban?

Should JT be found guilty by the FA, then will they punish him the same as Ferdinand for racial abuse?

Both racially motivated comments should be treated the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see Terry get anything less than an eight game ban. The FA, if they're to apply their own 'rules' have no choice. They found Suarez guilty on the strength of one man's word and an altered statement, stuff that would never have stood up anywhere else. They have video evidence of what Terry said and even though the legal courts believed his explanation of the context, it's again just going to be his word against Anton Ferdinand's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Did he get a ban?

Should JT be found guilty by the FA, then will they punish him the same as Ferdinand for racial abuse?

It would seem the FA have decided if you want to racially abuse someone you are better off doing it on twitter as you won't get banned.

Frimpong of Arsenal was also punished a few weeks back for a racial slur on twitter but no ban.

Did he get a ban?

I think Cole came out and said Rio's a mate and he wasnt going to pursue the matter any further, that what I can remember from it anyway.

Not sure if the FA will ban him though, unless they do it in and around any action they take against JT.

I think Cole came out and said Rio's a mate and he wasnt going to pursue the matter any further, that what I can remember from it anyway.

Not sure if the FA will ban him though, unless they do it in and around any action they take against JT.

Rio has already been punished with a fine for that incident

It would seem the FA have decided if you want to racially abuse someone you are better off doing it on twitter as you won't get banned.

Frimpong of Arsenal was also punished a few weeks back for a racial slur on twitter but no ban.

Didnt Carlton Cole get warned or fined about a comment when England played Ghana not so long ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I dont know if any of you's senn it yesterday but ashley cole pested a comment on twitter along with a pic but later deleted it, luckily I saved it before he got the chance to delete it :D

https://twitter.com/RealAC3/status/249804528466149378/photo/1/large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I dont know if any of you's senn it yesterday but ashley cole pested a comment on twitter along with a pic but later deleted it, luckily I saved it before he got the chance to delete it :D

Idiot - He's the dictionary definition of more money than sense

greendom wrote: »
    Idiot - He's the dictionary definition of more money than sense

Why because he's making fun of Rio?

Why because he's making fun of Rio?

It could also be described as a homophobic insult

Cant see the picture in work anyone able to embed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

large

• Advertisement

It could well be, thats the reason I believe he deleted it so soon.
    No doubt we'll have some people calling for him to received punishment over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Do explain???

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Do explain???

Are you looking for an English lesson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do explain???

It says Gay Rio. Pretty straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It says Gay Rio. Pretty straight forward.

Ok but amiable mentioned homophobic insult. There is no insult there in any form.

• Advertisement

Ok but amiable mentioned homophobic insult. There is no insult there in any form.

Well he's hardly being complimentary by possibly suggesting that Rio may be gay

IMO its all got too much now, you cant say anything without someone being offended, I'm not saying what Rio retweeted or the tweet Cole sent is acceptable but Cole said he wouldn't complain about the choc ice thing as he and Rio are mates, I think this is all done out of banter but obviously others seem to take these things personal.

Well he's hardly being complimentary by possibly suggesting that Rio may be gay

Amiable are you trying to suggest that its insulting to be gay :pac:

Only joking, but thats what im getting at in my above post, no matter what someone says there will always be someone who will make it into something that its not.

Amiable are you trying to suggest that its insulting to be gay :pac:

Only joking, but thats what im getting at in my above post, no matter what someone says there will always be someone who will make it into something that its not.

I'm not saying it is ''insulting to be gay''

I'm not saying it is ''insulting to be gay''

Wow relax, did you not see ":pac: only joking" in my post ?

Wow relax, did you not see ":pac: only joking" in my post ?

I did but you carried on to explain that this is what you were getting from my post so I made it absolutely clear that is not what I was implying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:rolleyes:

captureoa.jpg

So if " Rio's Gay " and Ashleys coming up behind him, says a lot of Ashley. :p :pac:

I did but you carried on to explain that this is what you were getting from my post so I made it absolutely clear that is not what I was implying

Wrong

I said " This is what I'm getting at in my above post"

So if " Rio's Gay " and Ashleys coming up behind him, says a lot of Ashley. :p :pac:

Ironic isn't it considering ;)

• Advertisement

Ironic isn't it considering ;)

Sure is, probably half the reason he posted it was all the jibes hes received himself. :p

Cole isnt the smartest in the world and while its a funny thing to send to a mate in a txt or email, to post on the web, even if it is banter between the two is just stupid, considering the timing of it all and the circumstances involved.

Id actually rather see a pic of this lamborghini than the mini :D

So back to business, The Daily Fail are reporting that Chelsea can recall Romelu Lukaku in January, wasnt aware of this but the way things are going with Torres, we might have to bring him back.

Sure is, probably half the reason he posted it was all the jibes hes received himself. :p

Cole isnt the smartest in the world and while its a funny thing to send to a mate in a txt or email, to post on the web, even if it is banter between the two is just stupid, considering the timing of it all and the circumstances involved.

Indeed. I seem to remember Cole issued legal proceedings against a magazine/newspapers over a picture and stories about him they printed a few years back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ashley-cole-sues-over-gay-report-468411.html

So back to business, The Daily Fail are reporting that Chelsea can recall Romelu Lukaku in January, wasnt aware of this but the way things are going with Torres, we might have to bring him back.

Hes done well enough at WBA, I'd leave out there to gain confidence.

If we have to buy in January then we can and then we can off load Torres in either January or the summer and bring back Lukaku in the summer, hopefully he'll have played 20-30 agmes and reached close to double figures.

Hes done well enough at WBA, I'd leave out there to gain confidence.

If we have to buy in January then we can and then we can off load Torres in either January or the summer and bring back Lukaku in the summer, hopefully he'll have played 20-30 agmes and reached close to double figures.

I get ya but if we were to offload Torres in Jan it would mean having to bring in some world class striker, then where would Lukaku stand next year? He'd still be 3rd choice, I think he has enough time from now till Jan to get some experience, if he continues to progress then bring him back.

It showed at the weekend with Sturridge injured that we hadnt got another striker even on the bench, what would we do if Torres was injured aswell?

I Have to agree with Gav, Leave Romelu with WBA and let him grow abit rather than sitting on our bench. He aint gonna start before Torres or Sturridge at the moment.

I think we will try sound out a striker in January but prob wont get one till the summer and TBH id rather wait and see how Torres gets on this season. If he does not get better we should cash in on him and take the hit.

If we wait till the summer we may not even need a striker, ya never know how Lukaku and Sturridge could do before the season is out. Any way i think we should chill out and take stock of what we have in our forwards at the end of the season. If Torres does not do the buisness this season he never will.

I get ya but if we were to offload Torres in Jan it would mean having to bring in some world class striker, then where would Lukaku stand next year? He'd still be 3rd choice, I think he has enough time from now till Jan to get some experience, if he continues to progress then bring him back.

It showed at the weekend with Sturridge injured that we hadnt got another striker even on the bench, what would we do if Torres was injured aswell?

Luiz upfront. :pac:

Nah, we could easily throw Moses upfront.

Failing that play like Spain, have a central guy playing all over the place, Mata/Hazard/Oscar.

I think Sturridge will be gone in the summer, keep Lukaku.

What we do with Torres is anyones guess, swap him for a striker seems highly unlikely and selling him well get us little and he maybe unwilling to move.

I think gone are the days when Roman would send Crespo/Sheva on loan for 2, 3 years and pay their wages, I think we'll keep Torres and sign another striker and keep Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Anyone watching Goals on sunday, Graham LaSaux reckons the current Chelsea style of play dosen't suit Lukaku ?

He was on the American tour with them and that was his conclusion.

Lukaku is playing great for West Brom, looks to be getting better the more match time he's getting.

It seems the only position that hasn't been suggested for Luiz is in goals :)

• Advertisement

Bartyman wrote: »
    Anyone watching Goals on sunday, Graham LaSaux reckons the current Chelsea style of play dosen't suit Lukaku ?

He was on the American tour with them and that was his conclusion.

Lukaku is playing great for West Brom, looks to be getting better the more match time he's getting.

I have to agree here too Bartyman, he would make and excellent plan B up front for us but he is not suited to the way in which we are trying to play.
    We need some one who can hold the ball up alright but they need to be able to dribble and create space and be a bit of a hit man. Falcao and Cavani are ideal.

Im a big fan of Shurrle but he is too simular to Torres IMO

My Team for tommorow night
    Should Sturridge be fit and Marin id have both them play from the start

Sturridge

--Marin
    Oscar
    Moses--

Ramires
    Oriol

Bertrand
    Cahill
    Luiz
    Ceasar

Hilario

Bring on Piazon at some stage and probably give a run out for Bamford or Swift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Lukaku is more mobile then people are giving him credit for.

The guy is a beast yes, but hes very quick and has very good feet too.

I think, given time he could easily be one of the best CF's around.

I'd play young fellas against Wolves.

Blackman
    Azp Luiz Cahill Bertie
    Romeu Lamps
    Moses Oscar Marin
    Sturridge

Main difference is Lamps and Blackman, no point playing Turnbull or Hialrious, we know what they can do.

Id like Rami to start with Oriol because this is an opertunity to give him in the DM beside Oriol. Get him more used to the role so he can play there against Arsenal. Not like Rami needs a rest any way :)

I dont think RDM will trust him to play DM against Arsenal. He'll play Lamps & Mikel as he'll know what he'll get from them.

Even if Ramires has stormer a DM against Wolves, theres a huge gap between league cup football against Wolves to playing Arsenal away in the EPL. :p

• Advertisement

I dont think RDM will trust him to play DM against Arsenal. He'll play Lamps & Mikel as he'll know what he'll get from them.

Even if Ramires has stormer a DM against Wolves, theres a huge gap between league cup football against Wolves to playing Arsenal away in the EPL. :p

I think your right on both counts Gav, just think its a great opertunity to try Ramires out there again as i think its his best fit in our squad.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 i think its a safe bet to have one holding midfielder and one deeplyiing playmaker that can bring the ball forward. This would be Ramires. He can use his box to box ability all day long and offer us better hold in midfield and defence rather than been wasted out on the right.

If he plays well id give him a go against Arsenal but we all know Robbie will start Lampard along side Mikel. I just hate letting good opertunitys slip away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

That pic wasn't posted by Cole. That account is @RealAC3, Cole's account is @TheRealAC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

All that discussion then was pointless and Rio is actually one of the biggest offenders of tweeting stupid things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

All that discussion then was pointless and Rio is actually one of the biggest offenders of tweeting stupid things

I think that crown belongs to Joey Barton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement