Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think that crown belongs to Joey Barton.

I wouldn't Joseph's biggest fan either but I can think of worse than him. He has put twitter to good use too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

possible Mexican opponents in the club world cup!

(Reuters) - European champions Chelsea will face either Monterrey of Mexico or the winners of the Asian Champions League in the semi-finals of the Club World Cup following draw for the tournament on Monday.
    Chelsea received a bye in the first round of the competition, to be held in Japan from December 6-16, and will enter at the semi-final stage on December 13.
    The Asian champions will be decided in early November.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/09/24/uk-soccer-club-draw-idUKBRE88N0L520120924?rpc=401&feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&rpc=401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Champions of the world has a nice ring too it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

JT retires from International football http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19695430

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

weiland79 wrote: »
    JT retires from International football http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19695430

again:eek::eek:, thats twice in two days now:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Could the World Club Championship be at a worse time of year for us fixture wise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

amiable wrote: »
    The FA’s position appears to be clear – using the words at all is unacceptable – it doesn’t matter what the context
    This is the part I have a problem with, if a black player was to use the N word is he also liable to be brought up on a race charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

MUSEIST wrote: »
    again:eek::eek:, thats twice in two days now:P

Dammit!:o

Caveman1 wrote: »
    The FA’s position appears to be clear – using the words at all is unacceptable – it doesn’t matter what the context
    This is the part I have a problem with, if a black player was to use the N word is he also liable to be brought up on a race charge?
    I would imagine so

• Advertisement

I reckon Moses could even start as the lone striker in the capital cup if Danny is still injured.
    Piazon and Cesar also certs to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Close one Saturday, we were lucky ... have to pull our socks up v Arsenal ... they got a great result yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I reckon Moses could even start as the lone striker in the capital cup if Danny is still injured.
    Piazon and Cesar also certs to start

I'd prefer Moses out wide, and of course up front there can only be one man (After Torres and Danny!)

Enter Piazon!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

How are ye all feeling about playing Arsenal this week? I hope it's better than the game which was held at the emirates last season.

As an Arsenal fan I think it's a very bad time to be meeting us. I haven't seen the team so committed in a long time.

HazDanz wrote: »
    How are ye all feeling about playing Arsenal this week? I hope it's better than the game which was held at the emirates last season.

As an Arsenal fan I think it's a very bad time to be meeting us. I haven't seen the team so committed in a long time.

I think if we take a draw from ye I'll be surprised and delighted.

I've said it here that we have to start taking points against Arsenal,City, Utd, Spurs, Newcastle, all the bigger teams this season if we want to make top 4 so if we can go unbeaten for a few more games I'll be happy.

RDM's downfall IMO, is that he doesnt beat enough of our rivals, I dont expect to go to the Emirates and beat ye but we have the squad to do so.

I'm hoping for a draw but theres a part of me that thinks ye'll nick it by the odd goal.

HazDanz wrote: »

I think it could be a good game of football. Especially if we play the same team as we did against Stoke, as Arsenal will leave more space and arent so physical.
    I wouldnt be that confident as an Arsenal fan as the likes of Mata, Oscar and hazard could well hurt you and we wont be playing the suicidal high line from last season. Arsenal are looking better at the back though so the focus will be on our much maligned Torres

Looking forward to it, will tell us a lot about both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

lads is the game being shown anywhere tonight??

I dont see it on BitScores/LiveOnlineFooty which worries me, should be a great game to get to see lots of the younger/newer players!

There has to be somewhere we can watch it? :eek:

There has to be somewhere we can watch it? :eek:

Just streams and then highlights on UTV\ITV probably

• Advertisement

Just streams and then highlights on UTV\ITV probably

Couldnt find anything on my usual sites anyway.

Couldnt find anything on my usual sites anyway.

There's a section Chelsea-Wolverhampton on <SNIP> so I think we will be able to watch Chelsea live. It's the only one from Capital Cup One on that side besides Leeds-Everton which is on SkySports 2, so I guess Chelsea is televised by the American's(Fox or whatnot)

Branna speaking about Azp.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2208240/Branislav-Ivanovic-hails-Cesar-Azpilicueta-ahead-Chelsea-debut.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Azpilicueta looks set to be handed his Chelsea debut in the Capital One Cup third round clash against Wolves.

Big things are expected of the former Marseille man, who has represented the Spain at six different youth levels, but he has had to wait patiently for his first appearance for the Blues since moving from France last month

Azpilicueta is likely to be one of up to four Chelsea players making their full debuts against the npower Championship side.

Marko Marin, Lucas Piazon and Victor Moses could all start their first game for the Londoners, with Blues boss Roberto Di Matteo keen to rest a number of senior players ahead of this weekend's league game against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The steaming sites might not up date untill later this evening, id imagin most streaming sites will show the match.

I hope Ceasar does get a start and Moses, dont mind if he plays as a striker or Piazon as long as theses guys get some game time. If Sturridge is fit to play id start him up front and play Moses on the right.

I hope Oriol Bertrand Azpilicueta Moses start and if possible Marin and Piazon. Plenty of young and fresh attacking options for Robbie to play with. Hopefully the young lads do the buisness and push our starting 11 even harder for a starting spot.

RE-MATCH BRIEFING: CHELSEA V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS - PART TWO

With the hours ticking down towards the start of this season's Capital One Cup campaign, club historian Rick Glanvill and club statistician Paul Dutton continue their preview…

TACTICAL BRIEF
    Charlton in 2005 are the only lower league club to have overcome Chelsea at this stage of the competition since Huddersfield in 1999. Can the Blues make the fourth round for the sixth time in seven years?
    Roberto Di Matteo is certain to make changes to the side that started the patient 1-0 win over Stoke on Saturday, from which John Terry and Frank Lampard were omitted.
    He knows in most areas he has plenty of talent desperate to play, much of it hailing from the Academy ranks. Regular Under-21 players left out of last night's line-up at Selhurst Park might be in with a chance of some involvement this evening. (The U21s do play again on Friday, however.) So will Lucas Piazon (pictured below) have a run out tonight?

Other younger players are unavailable with Nathaniel Chalobah on loan to Watford and John Swift away with England at the UEFA European U19 Championship in Estonia.
    Daniel Sturridge would be likely to figure were it not for the hamstring injury he sustained last week which makes him a doubt. That could mean we see more of the exciting Victor Moses than his bright cameos against QPR and Stoke.
    Di Matteo may well also decide that the acclimatisation of Spain right-back Cesar Azpilicueta, a non-playing substitute for the games against QPR, Juventus and Stoke, should continue in the first team.
    German winger Marko Marin, who sparkled before succumbing to injury in pre-season matches, has endured a frustrating start to his career at the Bridge and has seen some reserve action and may have his chance tonight.
    The Italian boss has occasionally switched his system from 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 and may experiment with more tweaks tonight as his new squad continues to bed in nicely.
    His predecessor Mick McCarthy was unrepentant about fielding weakened sides in this competition, and Ståle Solbakken has promised wholesale changes tonight. This has nothing to do with the fact his father, Svein, is a fanatical Chelsea supporter.
    Many of his players have played three league matches in seven days and climbing out of the Championship is his club's number one priority.
    He has suggested that Bjorn Sigurdarson and Razak Boukari may step in for Kevin Doyle or Sylvan Ebanks-Blake upfront, while David Davis in midfield and defenders Georg Margreitter and Danny Batth may be involved.
    The enduring bête noir of Blues fans, former Reading winger Stephen Hunt, may start this evening, with Dorus De Vries stepping for Carl Ikeme in goal. Chelsea also welcome back our former Academy striker Frank Nouble.
    Solbakken's side has earned victories without always impressing as he attempts to forge a 'new Wolves' based on the old ethics of industry and spirit. They managed to retain some of their players despite the financial adjustment needed after relegation.
    The Norwegian has also largely stuck with his preferred 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 formation and that places extra pressure on the midfield, with gaps appearing that Chelsea's extra numbers should be well equipped to exploit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

There won't be any streams of this......we go through this every year for the early rounds of the cup......last year it was Fulham and Everton, year before was Blackburn and Birmingham.....

• Advertisement

There won't be any streams of this......we go through this every year for the early rounds of the cup......last year it was Fulham and Everton, year before was Blackburn and Birmingham.....

PM'd ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looking forward to seeing the team tonight especially Moses, he's impressed me so far. Would love to see Blackman start but he wont.

Aquila wrote: »
    How do ye see the score turning out?

Im going for a 2-0 Chelsea

Moses to get on the score sheet!

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the team tonight especially Moses, he's impressed me so far. Would love to see Blackman start but he wont.

I want to see Blackman too. :( Part of me feels he'll be involved alot int he next few years.

I dont know if we'll keep Courtois, maybe give him to Atleico with a buy back option for us.
    Who wants a match thread?:D

Do we need one?

If theres streams going around feel free to I guess. :pac:

I have training at 7 so I'll miss the 1st half. :(

Apparently we can recall Lukaku in Jan if we want

Apparently we can recall Lukaku in Jan if we want

Was mentioned yesterday, I'd leave him out on loan TBH.

Unless Danny or Torres gets truck down in the mean time.

We always need a thread Gav:eek:
    Cant have the haters here on the super thread now can we:pac:

What price RDM and team to wear "Free the JT one" t-Shirts? :D

Kevin De Bruyne update

He got an assist in this game, and as you can see he could have had another. This is the only video I could find of his time in Bremen. There were a lot more but they all seem to have been removed!

In the first week of the Bundesliga he made it into the team of the week:
    http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/1209/Artikel/2-spieltag-top-elf-carvajal-debuet-bremen-nach-nordderby-de-bruyne-bayern-gala-schalke-jones.html

Since then this is his record for the season:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/134947/kevin--de-bruyne-?cc=5739

With 2 goals, an assist, and a team of the week performance in five starts for Bremen, he looks promising. He definitely has more to give though and hopefully we will see a lot more. Keep in mind this is a very early look at how he is doing.

Full article here

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/09/kevin-de-bruyne-how-is-he-doing-in.html

Good post Sgt!

I have high hopes for DeBruyne. I think he can make it with us and if he gets a loan spell in the PL or maybe a few games with us next season he will grow better. Could be an awsome explosive midfielder for us and wish him the best. The Belgian Gerard :D

We have enough to field an all star Belgian 5 a side team at this rate. :p

A mate of mine have Belgium down to win the next Euro's at 60/1, placed the bet before the start of the Euro's in the summer.

De Bruyne will come back to fierce competition though, Marin, Moses,Oscar,Hazard, Mata.

Hope he can do the business thoughm he looks a tidy player.

We have enough to field an all star Belgian 5 a side team at this rate. :p

A mate of mine have Belgium down to win the next Euro's at 60/1, placed the bet before the start of the Euro's in the summer.

De Bruyne will come back to fierce competition though, Marin, Moses,Oscar,Hazard, Mata.

Hope he can do the business thoughm he looks a tidy player.

I have them backed eachway at a bigger price to win the World Cup.
    I don't think they'll win it but if they qualify I'll lay the bet.

• Advertisement

I have them backed eachway at a bigger price to win the World Cup.
    I don't think they'll win it but if they qualify I'll lay the bet.

They've a tough group but they've started well enough.

If they dont bottle it they could easily win this group IMO.

Although Croatia are always in the mix and Serbia are no push overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

PM'd ya!

Any chance of sending me that link Sgt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Good article here on the effect the League Cup could have on our fixture list..
    Blues tonight kick off their League Cup campaign with a home tie against Wolves. Roberto Di Matteo is expected to heavily rotate his squad.

But, in a season where they are fighting for trophies on three extra fronts, this is a competition I think Chelsea could do without.
    I expect nothing less than a full fighting performance from the team, of course, but the side's involvement as Champions League-holders in the FIFA World Club Cup makes the League Cup an impossible trophy to win: and, what's more, an unwanted distraction.

Should they win tonight, Chelsea will go into the draw for the fourth round: to be played on or around Tuesday 30th October. So far so good.
    But it is in the fifth round that the problems would really start.

Those matches are scheduled for Tuesday 11th December. That is 36 hours, and a 12-hour+ flight before they are due to kick off their World Club Cup match on the other side of the world in Yokohama.

There is scope to play any League Cup 5th round match earlier: but that only shifts the problem closer to the 600-mile round trip brought about by the adjacent Premier League away match at Sunderland.

Playing any proposed tie later in December isn't much of an option either. The team are likely to return from Japan late in the evening of Monday 17th December (at the earliest). Are they then expected to play a knock-out cup game less than 48 hours after the jet-lagging experience of a half-day flight traipsing across nine time zones? And if so, what would be the knock-on effect on their home match against Aston Villa on Saturday 22nd December? The League Cup semi finals are supposed to be played on or around Tuesday 8th and 22nd January.

There is, I suppose, the potential to play these later in the schedule: but between now and the end of January there is only one spare midweek slot without either a fixture, an international training camp, or a long haul flight in it.
    Such is the saturation in Chelsea's timetable, that the League Cup must surely be seen as a hindrance, rather than an aspiration.
    I shan't be shedding too many tears if this particular cup run ends before November is with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Me too please....

puss_in_boots1.jpg?w=529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Ashley Cole has allegedly rejected a new one year deal.

Source ESPN
    Ashley Cole has rejected a new one-year contract from Chelsea, ESPN can reveal, and could leave in January if no agreement is reached.
    Cole has baulked at the offer of a one-year extension to his current deal, part of Chelsea's revamped contract policy which makes the offer a matter of course for players over the age of 30.
    Former Chelsea managers Jose Mourinho, now at Real Madrid, and Carlo Ancelotti of Paris Saint-Germain will no doubt be monitoring the situation, with Cole potentially available as a free agent in the summer should Chelsea fail to strike a deal with the left-back.
    Cole, 31, earns around £130,000 a week at Stamford Bridge on his current deal, and Blues manager Roberto Di Matteo stated on Sunday that he was "optimistic" that Cole's contract would be sorted out and that he will stay.
    But the offer of a one-year deal has been firmly rejected, with the length of the contract proving to be the sticking point.
    "The club have a policy that anyone who is over 30 years of age is offered a short-term new contract," a source told ESPN. "Ashley is 31, but he is fit and still at the peak of his form, but so far all that has been offered is a one-year deal. Whether that included a pay rise is irrelevant as Ashley was hoping for more than one extra year.
    "As it stands that leaves Ashley free to talk to clubs and to actually sign for a new club from January onwards, and that clearly is an option unless something changes from Chelsea's end.
    "There are no further negotiations planned as far as can be seen, but that now depends on Chelsea.
    "Clearly this policy resulted in Didier Drogba leaving the club in the summer and it could mean Ashley leaving."
    Cole has previously expressed his desire to see out his career with Chelsea. Di Matteo clearly believes that the player wants to stay at Stamford Bridge, and the club will hope he can be convinced to stay.
    But the ESPN source added: "These type of issues are not dealt with by the manager but by the club, and therefore it is not about whether the manager is optimistic or not.
    "Everyone knows Ashley wants to stay, but as yet the club have offered a one-year deal and that was immediately turned down."

Chelsea team for Wolves: Turnbull, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, Ramires, Romeu, Piazon, Mata, Moses, Torres.

Could someone PM this stream if it's working.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    Could someone PM this stream if it's working.

There's no TV coverage. Live commentary on Chelsea tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Piazon and Azpilicueta starting, very nice.

De Bruyne sounds like he's doing great in Germany, hopefully he gets his chance someday

• Advertisement

No TV coverage lads nah? All i can get is comms links.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement