Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No TV coverage lads nah? All i can get is comms links.

Nope.....same every year...do none of ye remember the same conversation year after year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nope.....same every year...do none of ye remember the same conversation year after year :P

I live in hope year on year. :( short of drawing a big gun we wont be seen in the Capital 1 cup. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Thats shocking no links this day and age!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Anyone showing highlights later .?

Techless wrote: »

None that I can find....maybe ITV are but Sky and BBC arent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

great start , need to get Torres on that scoresheet a few times now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Techless wrote: »

I don't think there's any until tomorrow night on BBC1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

greendom wrote: »
    I don't think there's any until tomorrow night on BBC1

Yeah a 1 hour highlight show to cover all the games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

City and Everton are out - nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Goals,

Not great quality. great goals from Mata and Bertrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE1UqAw_zh0&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ash rejects a one-year new contract extension

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1170722/ashley-cole-rejects-one-year-chelsea-contract?cc=5739
    Ashley Cole has rejected a new one-year contract from Chelsea, ESPN can reveal, and could sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January if no deal is reached.

GettyImages
    Ashley Cole has moved into the final year of his contract with Chelsea
    Cole, 31, earns around £130,000-a-week at Stamford Bridge and his old Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, now at Real Madrid, is keeping a close eye on developments, while another old boss, Carlo Ancelotti, would willingly take him to PSG next summer, when the England left-back would be a free agent.

Blues manager Roberto Di Matteo stated on Sunday that he was "optimistic" that Cole's contract would be sorted out and that he will stay; however, the offer of a one-year deal has been firmly rejected, and it is the length of any new contract that is presently the sticking point.

"The club have a policy that anyone who is over 30 years of age is offered a short-term new contract," a source told ESPN. "Ashley is 31, but he is fit and still at the peak of his form, but so far all that has been offered is a one-year deal. Whether that included a pay rise is irrelevant as Ashley was hoping for more than one extra year.

"As it stands that leaves Ashley free to talk to clubs and to actually sign for a new club from January onwards, and that clearly is an option unless something changes from Chelsea's end. There are no further negotiations planned as far as can be seen, but that now depends on Chelsea.

"Clearly this policy resulted in Didier Drogba leaving the club in the summer and it could mean Ashley leaving."

Cole has made it clear publicly that he wants to see out his entire career with the Blues, and Di Matteo clearly believes that the player's desire to stay at the Bridge will swing the decision towards Chelsea.

But the ESPN source added: "These type of issues are not dealt with by the manager but by the club, and therefore it is not about whether the manger is optimistic or not. Everyone knows Ashley wants to stay, but as yet the club have offered a one-year deal and that was immediately turned down."

duploelabs wrote: »
    Cole contract rejection

Welcome to earlier today, in fact 15 posts ago!

smuckers wrote: »
    Goals,

Not great quality. great goals from Mata and Bertrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE1UqAw_zh0&feature=youtu.be

That Mata goal looked superb. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Welcome to earlier today, in fact 15 posts ago!

oops

I can only see him going to PSG if he does ant to go.

Real have 2 excellent LB's at the moment so he'd struggle to nail down a starting place over in Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Few weeks back few papers reported Cole rejected contract extension and then he said he didn't reject any offer at all on twitter.

Everything in that report is acoring to 'A source'. I think he will sign extension with Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Yeah a 1 hour highlight show to cover all the games :(

Sky sports news showed all the goals in the Carling Cup last night. I would guess they will probably do the same today so it beats waiting for the BBC show.

Good result for us last night pity we could not get to see it this day and age and all the money involved fans from all over the world are yet again deprived.

Any way, good to see some young players starting and from what im hearing Bertrand Oriol Mata Moses and Piazon done well. Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Wonder if CTV will replay the match later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

what a day wrote: »
    Good result for us last night pity we could not get to see it this day and age and all the money involved fans from all over the world are yet again deprived.

Any way, good to see some young players starting and from what im hearing Bertrand Oriol Mata Moses and Piazon done well. Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Wonder if CTV will replay the match later on?

I'm nearly sure CTV were showing the game last night at around 12 o clock so im sure it'll be on again at some stage today.

Great result last night and supposedly some great performances, does Terrys inclusion mean he'll be benched against Arsenal?

I know Cahill played too but he needs the games its unusual for Terry to start in a game like that.

Does JT find out what the FA are doing with him today?
    Id imagine he will start the weekend unless the ban him straight away.

Any way i think we should take some thing this weekend and i fave a feeling we will take all 3 points against an in form Arsenal squad at home.

• Advertisement

Does JT find out what the FA are doing with him today?
    Id imagine he will start the weekend unless the ban him straight away.

Any way i think we should take some thing this weekend and i fave a feeling we will take all 3 points against an in form Arsenal squad at home.

I dont think we'll beat Arsenal at all, they've made a very good start to the season, I'd snap your arm off for a draw right now.

In saying that, if RDM wants this job long term, these are the kind of games he has to win.

We dont beat enough of our rivals in the last 12 months and this is the first proper challenge in the league, away to a rival, hope we can take something.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Wonder will we play Torres with Falcao or Bench Torres with Sturridge ???

Spare a thought for Fernando Torres this morning, who will have awoken in decent spirits having scored his fourth goal of the season in Chelsea's 6-0 rout of Wolves only to hear that the club are preparing a £45m bid for Radamel Falcao. Just when Torres thought he was firmly established as Chelsea's principal striker, well, he is not.
    Not that there is any shame in the possibility of having to play second fiddle to Falcao. This, after all, is one heck of a striker, as Chelsea know only too well having seen the 26-year-old's talents up close during last month's Super Cup final, when Falcao scored a hat-trick in Atlético Madrid's 4-1 victory over the European Champions. Roman Abramovich probably started writing the cheque then.
    Falcao scored 36 goals in 49 appearances for Atlético last season having joined from Porto for £32m in August 2011 and, apparently, Chelsea want the Colombian to move to London during the January transfer window, giving Torres a little over three months to prove he is more than a heavily-tattooed bench warmer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHTwuAKhy2aaBud8WCRamdwbA3YjJZ0trNkJiGzmk7LPb7Shotp3-2mMw

Wonder will we play Torres with Falcao or Bench Torres with Sturridge ???

Spare a thought for Fernando Torres this morning, who will have awoken in decent spirits having scored his fourth goal of the season in Chelsea's 6-0 rout of Wolves only to hear that the club are preparing a £45m bid for Radamel Falcao. Just when Torres thought he was firmly established as Chelsea's principal striker, well, he is not.
    Not that there is any shame in the possibility of having to play second fiddle to Falcao. This, after all, is one heck of a striker, as Chelsea know only too well having seen the 26-year-old's talents up close during last month's Super Cup final, when Falcao scored a hat-trick in Atlético Madrid's 4-1 victory over the European Champions. Roman Abramovich probably started writing the cheque then.
    Falcao scored 36 goals in 49 appearances for Atlético last season having joined from Porto for £32m in August 2011 and, apparently, Chelsea want the Colombian to move to London during the January transfer window, giving Torres a little over three months to prove he is more than a heavily-tattooed bench warmer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHTwuAKhy2aaBud8WCRamdwbA3YjJZ0trNkJiGzmk7LPb7Shotp3-2mMw

I wouldnt pay any attention.
    1/ Chelsea have shown with Hulk etc that we just wont pay over a price that they think is fair
    2/ "Player scores a few goals and gets linked with us shocker"
    I think Utd were linked with most of the AM team at one stage

Update on Kenneth Omeruo

The Nigerian teenager has become a integral part of Eredivisie outfit ADO Den Haag since moving on loan in January and his recent form may see him called up to his national side. Could he make the grade at the Bridge?
    In recent years Chelsea have used the Eredivisie with great effect regarding loan deals for their young talent with Alex, Slobodan Rajkovic, Gael Kakuta, Patrick van Aanholt and Matej Delac just a few examples of players to go to Holland to gain first team experience with varying levels of success.
    At the moment however there is a new kid on the block who is causing a stir in the Dutch top division in the form of Nigerian youngster Kenneth Omeruo. At just 18-years-old he cemented a place in the ADO Den Haag side last season during a late loan spell that has been continued into this season.
    He is known in Holland for his strong physical presence that is visible in his already firmly established 6ft 2in frame and stocky chest. Also lightning fast he can operate at both right full back and at the heart of defence.
    Not to mention he has also proved himself a dangerous goal threat with his aerial ability a massive bonus and his recent assured performances against Heerenveen in particular has seen him earmarked for a full international call-up.
    A Nigerian youth international since Under-17 level he has been mooted as a possible replacement for the disappointing Inter Milan player Obiora Nwankwo in the Super Eagles team under coach Stephen Keshi for the upcoming tie with Liberia in October.
    He was signed for an undisclosed fee from Standard Liege in January before being immediately shipped out to ADO and now his career seems to be on an upward trend with a potential place in the Chelsea first team on the horizon.

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/09/25/mn-kenneth-omeruo-chelsea-youngster-making-waves-in-holland/

Time will tell, I can't see us going for Falcao though.

I dont think we'll beat Arsenal at all, they've made a very good start to the season, I'd snap your arm off for a draw right now.

In saying that, if RDM wants this job long term, these are the kind of games he has to win.

We dont beat enough of our rivals in the last 12 months and this is the first proper challenge in the league, away to a rival, hope we can take something.
    I think we stand a really good chance of beating Arsenal.
    Our defence has tightened up again, plus we have a lot of clever creative players now and Arsenal like to play open attacking football which suits us

bring it on!

• Advertisement

I think so too Sgt, Arsenal will open up and i think this will be a very good game, tight but i think we could nick the 3 points. However i will be happy we a good performance and a draw.

I think we have a better squad and we should rise our tempo since this is a huge game for us, a London rival, a top four rival and this is the thropy we will be looking to win this season.

I think we stand a really good chance of beating Arsenal.
    Our defence has tightened up again, plus we have a lot of clever creative players now and Arsenal like to play open attacking football which suits us

bring it on!

We struggled against Juventus, and going forward Arsenal are a better force then Juventus, we've kept a clean sheet against Stoke and Wolves but hardly a team like Arsenal.

The only thing that might save us is there openness but they've left in so little goals this year, I've no faith for this weekend, I'll take a draw but I'd love to win at the Emirates but cant see it.

The "hair" and "new kaka" room together!

Brazil international Oscar, a £25million summer recruit from Internacional, has made five appearances for Chelsea so far and scored an eye-catching brace in their 2-2 Champions League draw against Juventus.

Fellow Brazilian Luiz has taken the youngster under his wing since his arrival at Chelsea and says they have struck up a great friendship.

“Oscar is sleeping in my house right now,” Luiz told Globo Esporte.

“We have a great friendship, he’s a fantastic boy. As a person, he’s fantastic.”

Oscar’s second goal on his Champions League debut was an early contender for goal of the season, a deft touch to wrong-foot his markers followed by a stunning, curling finish from 20 yards.

Luiz says Oscar had been eagerly anticipating his Champions League debut, and admits he was proud to see him mark the occasion with his first Chelsea goals.

“The goal [against Juventus] felt like it was mine,” said Luiz.

“He was talking to me about it all week, asking me what a Champions League game is like, what the music is like.

“It’s a dream that I’d already experienced and he has experienced it now too.

“I said that the nerves would pass, just like in any game.

“I told him that he is good enough to play anywhere in the world.

“Of course everyone needs time to adapt, that’s normal.

“It was great what he did after the first goal as well,” added Luiz, referring to his goal celebration.

“We had practiced a little dance for when any of the Brazilians [in the team] scored. And that was what happened.

“Oscar is like a brother to me.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The "hair" and "new kaka" room together!

Brazil international Oscar, a £25million summer recruit from Internacional, has made five appearances for Chelsea so far and scored an eye-catching brace in their 2-2 Champions League draw against Juventus.

Fellow Brazilian Luiz has taken the youngster under his wing since his arrival at Chelsea and says they have struck up a great friendship.

“Oscar is sleeping in my house right now,” Luiz told Globo Esporte.

“We have a great friendship, he’s a fantastic boy. As a person, he’s fantastic.”

Oscar’s second goal on his Champions League debut was an early contender for goal of the season, a deft touch to wrong-foot his markers followed by a stunning, curling finish from 20 yards.

Luiz says Oscar had been eagerly anticipating his Champions League debut, and admits he was proud to see him mark the occasion with his first Chelsea goals.

“The goal [against Juventus] felt like it was mine,” said Luiz.

“He was talking to me about it all week, asking me what a Champions League game is like, what the music is like.

“It’s a dream that I’d already experienced and he has experienced it now too.

“I said that the nerves would pass, just like in any game.

“I told him that he is good enough to play anywhere in the world.

“Of course everyone needs time to adapt, that’s normal.

“It was great what he did after the first goal as well,” added Luiz, referring to his goal celebration.

“We had practiced a little dance for when any of the Brazilians [in the team] scored. And that was what happened.

“Oscar is like a brother to me.”

That sounds like the premise for quite a sweet little sitcom...

Hoping for a cushy home draw in the 4th round coming up soon.

• Advertisement

Aquila wrote: »
    Whens the draw for the next round of the league cup?

Now....Sky 2.

Playing at home against Man Utd....balls. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We will win 7-0 with a Torres hattrick,you heard it here first:pac:

And last :pac:

We will win 7-0 with a Torres hattrick,you heard it here first:pac:

Hat trick after coming on? Excellent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A couple of days after the same fixture in the league!

Hoping for a cushy home draw in the 4th round coming up soon.

Wow, couldnt ask for easier than that!

You would think it would be on TV but seeing as Utd have just been on, I'm guessign not!

Marin and Moses will DESTROY them

(Was quite impressed with Marin, dribbled, passed etc)

Swansea v Liverpool might get TV time.

Just checked up on our fixture list, October and November are gonna be crunch months for us. Some big games coming up including Arsenal on Sat. I think if we get a good result the weekend we could build from it and i have a good feeling about this weekend.

We should have Marin and Sturridge back and hopefully a strong squad for the next two months. I have to say every one including the papers have writen us off in some way or another every year but i think its going to be a good season for us and i hope we can win the PL this season and implament our new style of play better.

I'd take a draw right now.

RDM has to get the team right also.

We need balance and men central to stop Arsenal playing through us.

I'd like to see a narrow 4-1-2-2-1 but only if it's :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel
    Lamps Ramires
    Mata Hazard
    Torres

Keep Hazard and Mata very wide and offer cover for Cole and Ivan and leave Torres through the middle. 4-1-2-2-1 when we dont have it but 4-3-3 when we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm actually delighted we got United, playing them home twice in the one week, be nice to get two wins.

Hopefully RDM sticks with a few of the fringe players for that game, I'd rather keep on giving them the experience than just putting out a full squad because of who we're playing.

I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game now, I really think we could get something out of this, if we were to take 3 points and United dont beat Spurs we could put a nice bit of daylight between us and them, early days yet but it would be nice to have a cushy lead so early on.

A win would be brillant, it would send a signal out to the rest of the league.

But it is our first real test of the EPL season and we didnt do so well in our other big tests against Juventus and Atleico Madrid but hopefully we'll put in a shift and get somethig from the game.

A win would be brillant, it would send a signal out to the rest of the league.

But it is our first real test of the EPL season and we didnt do so well in our other big tests against Juventus and Atleico Madrid but hopefully we'll put in a shift and get somethig from the game.

Juve was just an indivudal error (Mikel) and we got to 2-0 up and then switched off a bit.
    The super cup was just nonsense

Fully confident for the Arsenal game as the creative players will be alloweed to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sorry lads but we dont have a chance v Arsenal , I think they will beat us by at least 2 goals ... could be embarrassing.

Juve was just an indivudal error (Mikel) and we got to 2-0 up and then switched off a bit.
    The super cup was just nonsense

Fully confident for the Arsenal game as the creative players will be alloweed to play

It was much more then Mikels mistake though.

The Juventus midfield were allowed to play balls in behind to willing runners from deep all day and we were caught a handful of times by it.

What do Arsenal posses in abundance? Runners from deep, Walcott, Oxtail soup, Ramsey, Gervihno, Podolski. Its all well and good saying we'll counter it with more attacking talent but if we give them a chance we'll be punished and it could end up a mad score line like the 3-5 game last year.

I'm confident that we could beat them, we've one of the best squads in the world, but everybody has to perform and the tactics ahve to be right, no point over loading at every chance and theres no advantage to sitting back as we'll be picked off.

I'm saying draw anyway but hopeful for a win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement