Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sorry lads but we dont have a chance v Arsenal , I think they will beat us by at least 2 goals ... could be embarrassing.

Why would you think that?

We're the more inform team, our midfield looks like its starting to click, we've finally a fully fit squad and Arsenal wont just sit back and defend so it will be a very open game that I think will suit us.

Arsenal could very well beat us but to say we dont have a chance is a bit OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sorry lads but we dont have a chance v Arsenal , I think they will beat us by at least 2 goals ... could be embarrassing.

Why on earth would you think that?

Are they top of the table having won all their games 6 or 7 nil?

No, like us, they havent played anyone of note and are still blending in new players. They also drew games they should have won.

Nothing suggests to me, we will get hammered. No high line, the same defence that won the big eared cup, etc etc. If Torres doesnt score, someone else will. Just the fact that they are at home gives them an advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd take a draw right now.

RDM has to get the team right also.

We need balance and men central to stop Arsenal playing through us.

I'd like to see a narrow 4-1-2-2-1 but only if it's :

Cech
    Ivan Luiz JT Cole
    Mikel
    Lamps Ramires
    Mata Hazard
    Torres

Keep Hazard and Mata very wide and offer cover for Cole and Ivan and leave Torres through the middle. 4-1-2-2-1 when we dont have it but 4-3-3 when we do.

I dont think so Gav, id imagine we will stick to 4-2-3-1 and play Lampard and Hazard.

Torres

--Hazard
    Mata
    Ramires--

Lampard
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

Tried and trusted. I dont want to see us giving too much respect to Arsenal and letting them play ball. We have to play our game now and play with possesion. We have a better squad IMO and i think we should be beating them even though we are still finding our form.

what a day wrote: »
    I dont think so Gav, id imagine we will stick to 4-2-3-1 and play Lampard and Hazard.

Torres

--Hazard
    Mata
    Ramires--

Lampard
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

Tried and trusted. I dont want to see us giving too much respect to Arsenal and letting them play ball. We have to play our game now and play with possesion. We have a better squad IMO and i think we should be beating them even though we are still finding our form.

Thats probably the team RDM will go with, but IMO Moses has definitely warranted himself a place in the starting XI. He's injected that little bit more pace in our play and also gives us much needed width.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well I do hope I'm wrong gentlemen ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Why would you think that?

We're the more inform team, our midfield looks like its starting to click, we've finally a fully fit squad and Arsenal wont just sit back and defend so it will be a very open game that I think will suit us.

Arsenal could very well beat us but to say we dont have a chance is a bit OTT.

This ^

We have a very good chance and we have to beat our rivals.

Sounding liek a broken record but our results against the teams around us has to improve.

Theres no point humping the smaller teams if you cant beat your rivals aswell.

Thats probably the team RDM will go with, but IMO Moses has definitely warranted himself a place in the starting XI. He's injected that little bit more pace in our play and also gives us much needed width.

Hes a good option to bring on, especially with 25 mins to go but hopefully we wont be chasing the game at that stage.

I'd love to see another 4-1 at the Emirates like 3 years ago, everything we touched turned to gold that day.

Lads just seen this on twitter, Chelsea are doing a photo shoot for Dolcegobbana, there's one noticable person missing from the front though.

Also nice to see Blackman & Piazon involved.

Lads just seen this on twitter, Chelsea are doing a photo shoot for Dolcegobbana, there's one noticable person missing from the front though.

Also nice to see Blackman & Piazon involved.

JT's proabbly taking the photo......dont worry he'll be [photoshopped in with full kit on at a later date. ;)

On Blackman.......F**k me hes a big lad. :eek:

He's making Cech and Turnbull look small and thats a hard thing to do. :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah i think we will start with Rami and i think its the right decission as much as i think Rami is wasted on the right he will offer cover and energy while we can bring on Moses late on.

Same goes for Oscar he can come on in the second half if needed.
    With so many good options for Robbie its going to be a interesting to see how Robiie approaches this one.

JT's proabbly taking the photo......dont worry he'll be [photoshopped in with full kit on at a later date. ;)

On Blackman.......F**k me hes a big lad. :eek:

He's making Cech and Turnbull look small and thats a hard thing to do. :eek:

Ye he's a big bloke alright, I really rate him as a GK but he's nowhere near the level of Courtois, who I think will be our #1 when Cech packs it in.

Turnbull, IMO has thrown away his career, I remember he came to us with a big reputation, he seems happy enough to just collect a wage and just be associated with the club.

Torres

--Hazard
    Mata
    Ramires--

Lampard
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ivan

Cech

I reckon Oscar could get another start

Ye he's a big bloke alright, I really rate him as a GK but he's nowhere near the level of Courtois, who I think will be our #1 when Cech packs it in.

Cech is still only 30 though, so I cant see Courtois getting a game with us in the next few years unless we sell Cech or when he comes back he benches Cech.

Either way, I agree, I'd be worried if I was Cech, hes a good keeper is Courtois and I remember when we signed Cech we already had Cudicni who i thought ould never get benched but it happened and Cech didnt look back since.
    Turnbull, IMO has thrown away his career, I remember he came to us with a big reputation, he seems happy enough to just collect a wage and just be associated with the club.

I've said it beofre I'd love to be good enough to be a professional goalkeeper at a big club. Chances are if your on the bench your going to get very little game time but still take home 50K a week, what a life. :pac:

Would ya rather 50K a week at Chelsea or starting for a lower level club on half the money and winning less?

A young keeper would take the latter to go and prove himself but I think turnbull is happy to be 2nd fiddle and playing a handful of games a year.

I hope in Courtois and Blackman we dont have either and they both want to play and learn.

I was never a fan of Turnbull and i still am not. Hilario would be my 2nd choice keeper and then i would give Blackman a game before Turnbull.

I think Courtois will have a future with us and even if he plays every other game for a season with Cech we can decide the following season who is the better keeper. Eventually he will bench Cech i hope. We all know Cech is a quality keeper but he is not as good since his head injury and i hope Courios becomes as good as the younger Petr Cech.

We cant keep switching keepers though, neither would want it.

Imagine playing agaisnt Utd at old trafford and making some excellent saves keeping your team in it and you know your going to be dropped for the enxt game no matter what happens. Never great for a keeper.

I think dropping or selling Cech would be a disaster at the moment, hes one of the most liked guys in the dressing room and hes a top keeper to boot.

We wouldnt have won the UCL without him, to say hes not the same since the head injury is something but since then hes still regarded as one of the best in the world which says a bit about the guy.

I'd sell Courtois to atleico and insert a buy back clause, he gets agnme and we can buy him back in 2,3 years when Cech has pushed on a bit more and he'll be ready made to replace Cech then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

c003462323ba1e8b63b673df0edabcc2.png?1348740846

We cant keep switching keepers though, neither would want it.

Imagine playing agaisnt Utd at old trafford and making some excellent saves keeping your team in it and you know your going to be dropped for the enxt game no matter what happens. Never great for a keeper.

I think dropping or selling Cech would be a disaster at the moment, hes one of the most liked guys in the dressing room and hes a top keeper to boot.

We wouldnt have won the UCL without him, to say hes not the same since the head injury is something but since then hes still regarded as one of the best in the world which says a bit about the guy.

I'd sell Courtois to atleico and insert a buy back clause, he gets agnme and we can buy him back in 2,3 years when Cech has pushed on a bit more and he'll be ready made to replace Cech then.

I think we should leave Courtois where he is for a couple of seasons or move him to a PL team to keep gaining experience, he's definitely one for the future so a few loan spells will do him no harm. I wouldn't sell him though.

When Cech packs it in I reckon he'll be offered a coaching role at the club, if he doesnt move on, he was arguably the best keeper in the world at one stage and would still be in the top 5-10 in the world, with all his experience he would be great to have around for the young up & coming keepers.

I think we should leave Courtois where he is for a couple of seasons or move him to a PL team to keep gaining experience, he's definitely one for the future so a few loan spells will do him no harm. I wouldn't sell him though.

When Cech packs it in I reckon he'll be offered a coaching role at the club, if he doesnt move on, he was arguably the best keeper in the world at one stage and would still be in the top 5-10 in the world, with all his experience he would be great to have around for the young up & coming keepers.

Remember though, Cech is playing through a shoulder problem that could force him out at anytime, he didnt sort it in the summer so he could play in the Euro's. Hes postponed the surgery until this summer or until it gives way and hes out for a few weeks.

We cant keep sending Courtois on loan though. :pac: He seems to be ambitious, talked about fighting with Petr for the number 1 jersey so he might not want to be kept on the back burner for a few years and could leave.

I do think though that his current loan has imporved him playing all those games,his clean sheet record is nearly 1 in 2 games which again is good IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Like this from Arsene Wenger on Didier Drogba: "I don't know if Chelsea miss him, but we don't miss him." #bbcfootball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Could we sign him on loan for that one game - that would be funny.
    Like this from Arsene Wenger on Didier Drogba: "I don't know if Chelsea miss him, but we don't miss him." #bbcfootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

bullpost wrote: »

:pac: Imagine his surprise when he walks out "SACRE BLEU!"

bullpost wrote: »

yeah - just like they did Henry and then he helped them!

Word has reached BlueTinted from a source closely linked to the FA Independent panel that the verdict in the John Terry FA hearing will see the Captain, Leader, Legend given a four match ban and a fine of £220k.

http://bluetinted.com/site/articles/articles.aspx?articleid=288

What this would suggest (and this is pure speculation at this stage) is that JT has been found guilty of the first count of "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers Anton Ferdinand, contrary to FA rules". It is also now believed that he has also been found guilty of the second count of reference to "ethnic origin and/or colour". Interesting to note that the fine is unusually large.

More detail as soon as we have it...

CONFIRMED ON THE BBC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19723020

Absolute joke of a decision, only 4 games though, get them done and move on.

Delighted JT has retired from England.

Absolute joke of a decision, only 4 games though, get them done and move on.

Delighted JT has retired from England.

Appeal and play the Arsenal game!

Id love Cole and Lampard to retire from internationals now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

4 games is a nothing ban. Happy with that, amazed he was found guilty without any evidence.

4 games is grand, appeal and he'll play Saturday. Dont worry anyway we have Cahill and Luiz, wonder what stance the club will take in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

4 games is grand, appeal and he'll play Saturday. Dont worry anyway we have Cahill and Luiz, wonder what stance the club will take in all of this.

I hope if once his appeals are finished and if decision isn't overturned I think he should put the image of the club first and resign captaincy.

I did think he would get more than 4 games but as long as no more injuries or suspensions in defence think it won't be a massive loss to team gives Luiz and Cahill chance for proper partnership

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Will he run the risk of an increase but if not successful ?

Yep, plus it will give him time to fully recover from all the knocks he has picked up so far

He should just take the hit and move on. There is no way he should drop the arm band over Ferdinand. Terry is a born leader and he will continue to do so for the rest of his playing career.

Having said that im sure after this season we will start to wind Terry down and play Cahill and Luiz first as they are quicker and the baggage that JT carrys do reflect a negative image on the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah - would like to see more of Cahill.
    He should just take the hit and move on. There is no way he should drop the arm band over Ferdinand. Terry is a born leader and he will continue to do so for the rest of his playing career.

Having said that im sure after this season we will start to wind Terry down and play Cahill and Luiz first as they are quicker and the baggage that JT carrys do reflect a negative image on the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I hope if once his appeals are finished and if decision isn't overturned I think he should put the image of the club first and resign captaincy.

I did think he would get more than 4 games but as long as no more injuries or suspensions in defence think it won't be a massive loss to team gives Luiz and Cahill chance for proper partnership

Dont think so found not guilty in a court of law so why should he resign it.

Bit of a sham to say the least but yea suck it up and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Even when not fully fit, they were good enough to win the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Likely team against Arsenal lads?

Cech

Ivan Luiz JT Cole

Mikel Lamps

Ramires Hazard Mata

Torres

Cech

Ivan Luiz JT Cole

Mikel Lamps

Ramires Hazard Mata

Torres

Your spot on i think Gav. I think its the right formation and squad line up too BTW. Looking forward to this game should be a cracker!

• Advertisement

Hopefully we're on the right side of the result.

Please, please, please Hazard do something for my FF team. :p

Arsenal will be more then likely playing relatively inexperienced youngsters at FB so hopefully Hazard can pull strings coming from wide, draw fouls and win free's.

Arsenal have Vermalen back i heard on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Your spot on i think Gav. I think its the right formation and squad line up too BTW. Looking forward to this game should be a cracker!

I'd say that will be the team but would rather see Moses on the right and Ramires moved into centre midfield in place of either Lampard or Mikel.
    Arsenal with Cazorla etc will be be very mobile and think Ramires offers more mobility IMO.

Yea would prefer to see Oscar or Moses in place of Ram on the right and in turn Mikel replaced with Ram if Lamps is fit. Arsenal are not a physical team so Oscar could be made for this.

Atsenal may not be physical but they're quick and Ramires will have a shift to do and is better suited to cover Ivan then anyone else. Bertrand could even start wide left to cover Cole with Walcott but that would be silly as it takes out one of our attacking threats.

Aresenal are a good team not a great team so I would want to impose our game on them, if we get at them it will keep them busy stopping the likes of Gibbs or Jenkenson (?) getting forward too much and helping out their attack.

Walcott has an excellent record against us, hes the man to stop.

If they line up with :

Mannone
    Jenkinson Kosclieny Vermalen Gibbs
    Arteta Diaby
    Walcott Cazorla Gervinho
    Podolski

The front 4 are very mobile and a threat but we have to start like a house on fire and bring the game to them.

RB and GK are the weak spots and hopefully their DM's wont be able to cope with runs in behind by Mata/Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Walcott has an excellent record against us, hes the man to stop.

If they line up with :

Mannone
    Jenkinson Kosclieny Vermalen Gibbs
    Arteta Diaby
    Walcott Cazorla Gervinho
    Podolski

The front 4 are very mobile and a threat but we have to start like a house on fire and bring the game to them.

RB and GK are the weak spots and hopefully their DM's wont be able to cope with runs in behind by Mata/Hazard.

Jenkinson has been great for arsenal this season imo...hasn't done much wrong, defensively and attacking wise. Wouldn't like to see Sagna just walk back into the starting XI when fully fit

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    Jenkinson has been great for arsenal this season imo...hasn't done much wrong, defensively and attacking wise. Wouldn't like to see Sagna just walk back into the starting XI when fully fit

I'm hoping Hazard or Mata can get at him and test him a bit. When I look at the team its fairly balanced, more so then ours as I think our weakest side is our right flank and our 2 cm's.

What about Miquel, hows he faired? Or did he only play in the Capital 1 cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

I'm hoping Hazard or Mata can get at him and test him a bit. When I look at the team its fairly balanced, more so then ours as I think our weakest side is our right flank and our 2 cm's.

What about Miquel, hows he faired? Or did he only play in the Capital 1 cup?

Out of that arsenal side, the wing-backs are the weak-points. That and the GK. But again Mannone has come on from last year, like Jenkinson and to an extent Mert.

For me, Miquel is a squad player at best. Still only 20 and has time...but hasnn't made any real break thoughs as of yet

[QUOTE=1mcampo1;80992901]Out of that arsenal side, the wing-backs are the weak-points. That and the GK. But again Mannone has come on from last year, like Jenkinson and to an extent Mert.

For me, Miquel is a squad player at best. Still only 20 and has time...but hasnn't made any real break thoughs as of yet[/QUOTE]

This why I think Chelsea should start with Moses, we need to try exploit Arseanl where ever possible.

I can see this being a cracking game I just hope Chelsea get a result out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Who likes my copy of Fifa. ;)

34qnqzr.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement