Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

where did ya find that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    where did ya find that? :eek:

I got an email from the Chelsea FC, in the email is the link to download the sleeve.

It might be on the website also

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I got an email from the Chelsea FC, in the email is the link to download the sleeve.

It might be on the website also

Thats going to look great on the box of my PES 2013. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Colour printers in work are going to get a good work out before I go home. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lawro predicting an Arsenal win tomorrow ... :( he's rarely wrong ..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Chelsea need a 3 man midfield tomorrow, otherwise if we play we just mikel and lamps we will get overrun.

I would go for a midfield of ramires mikel and lamps with oscar replacing lamps later. Mata on the right hazard on the left.

Wont happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

teenage striker on trial

Chelsea have invited Swedish 15-year-old Ihan Naser to train with the club this month and it seems the future star has taken his opportunity so far, as reported by Sky Sports News.
    Naser is currently with his hometown club Gunnilses IF, but it seems he has caught the eye of the West London club and he will have done his chances of a contract with the European Champions no harm by scoring in a friendly. Naser is just finishing his time in England and will have to wait and see if anything comes from it.
    The Blues may have to pay compensation for the striker who has represented Sweden at numerous youth levels as he looks to make the next step in his career.
    “It was fun to train with such a big team like Chelsea,” he told Fotbolltransfers.
    “It went well for me, I played a match against Crystal Palace and scored a goal.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

the_monkey wrote: »
    Lawro predicting an Arsenal win tomorrow ... :(he's rarely wrong ..

Really?

Out of Arsenals five games this season, he has got the result completely wrong three times.

Anyone still think Torres is finished after that performance?

He was excellent today. Good goal too.

C'mon the Torres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well that's a ****ing brilliant result:D

Torres was excellent! What a result!

Anyone still think Torres is finished after that performance?

He was excellent today. Good goal too.

C'mon the Torres.

He was so good. Held the ball up very well and used it well too. Fought for every ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Great result lads!

Torres was excellent did well when he had the ball, Mata Cole Ram Mikel superb

Torres won the free kick for our 2nd too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Cech still has it, fantastic saves and great graft from the whole team.

Great result. 16 from 18. :)

Great start from us. Any chance of Spurs doing Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Delighted. No more claiming Chelsea haven't faced a proper challenge in the league.

Plenty of tough challenges though after the Norwich game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great result. I really didn't expect a win today.

We played really well. Ramirez, Mikel, Torres all had great games.

Organized in attack and defense.

And City are losing already!

That would be gpod if city end up dropping points.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Great team performance, and I say again Ramires is the man for cm, he brings great mobility and ideal to partner Mikel or lampard.

Torres hopefully will find form now. Redknapp....as much as it pains me to agree with him said it was best game for us and Id agree with him. He beat both CBs to alpt of balls today and linked well and held up to bring others in.

Rambo, great performance and good job screenig Cazorla.

Next test, Spurs away. AvB wont be looking forward to that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Next big test is Tuesday night, try and get our champions league run back on track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Good man, AVB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

tumblr_mb4x3pyvkm1r1fq7do1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Great to see Rami in a position he can really thrive in rather than out on the wing. His distribution is better than Mikel, and he does a better defensive job than Lamps. Bertrand is developing into an excellent 'close the game out' sub, nice to know that we've got options on both wings when we need to shut up shop. Torres worked his @rse off, great presence of mind and finish for his goal, and we looked a lot more solid defensively against a very good team. Satisfying day all round!

Loving the fall out from the weekend games.
    The Utd thread were debating the merits of Oscar, Hazard and Mata, with some of them not rating them at all!

Arsenal thread debating how on earth we won at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Loving the fall out from the weekend games.
    The Utd thread were debating the merits of Oscar, Hazard and Mata, with some of them not rating them at all!

Arsenal thread debating how on earth we won at all!

Poor defending coupled with wasteful finishing - well done though you did a great job in containing our midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

greendom wrote: »
    Poor defending coupled with wasteful finishing - well done though you did a great job in containing our midfield

TBF the one disapointing thing for chelsea was the gervinho goal, very sloppy from us. There is no way he should have had that much room with both terry and luiz in the box. Thankfully it didn't cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

MUSEIST wrote: »

TBF the one disapointing thing for chelsea was the gervinho goal, very sloppy from us. There is no way he should have had that much room with both terry and luiz in the box. Thankfully it didn't cost us.

It cost us our first away goal conceded, the floodgates have opened! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Great result but not really great performance I think, good performance it was though. Was delighted when I heard the team announced we really do need to start playing our game against the top sides as they will want to play football as well.

Still not sure our midfield and defence fully linking up we are giving up too many chances, definate signs of improvement. That really is Rams best position between Oscar, Haz, Mata, Marin and Moses we have plenty for the wide and attacking areas. Hopefully over the next two games we will play ourselves in a bit more before the tougher challenges that then come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Very happy with that, wasn't expecting this win ..

Watched MOTD last night and to be honest Arsenal were unlucky not to get something from this.

But 3 points from "Highbury" is a great result ...

Now lets pick up 3 tomorrow night to get Europe under way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

222611.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I was delighted with taking 3 points from the gooners, after our 1 point from our previous 2 visits there, but I can't help but feel it could have been so much better if we had more options up front.

Torres took his goal well, but I felt he should have done a lot more in that game, mid second half he was defending near the corner flag and hoofing the ball upfield to no one. He may have deserved a penalty for what looked like an accidental trip, but I think we'll suffer if he doesn't stay where he's meant to be: in the middle, up front, on the shoulder of a defender. I'm finding watching his overall positioning very frustrating, hopefully against norwich there will be no excuse for him to ever venture into our half of the pitch.

growler wrote: »
    I was delighted with taking 3 points from the gooners, after our 1 point from our previous visits there, but I can't help but feel it could have been so much better if we had more options up front.

Torres took his goal well, but I felt he should have do a lot more in that game, mid second half he was defending near the corner flag and hoofing the ball upfield to no one. He may have deserved a penalty for what looked like an accidental trip, but I think we'll suffer if he doesn't stay where he's meant to be: in the middle, up front, on the shoulder of a defender. I'm finding watching his overall positioning very frustrating, hopefully against norwich there will be no excuse for him to ever venture into our half of the pitch.

Robbie Savage disagrees with you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19770499

There was not much to choose between Chelsea and Arsenal in a hard-fought London derby on Saturday.
    But there were two big reasons why the Blues edged a tight game 2-1. Firstly, the industry of Fernando Torres up front, and also the Gunners' inability to defend set-pieces.
    Tireless Torres works until the end

With his power and pace, former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba clearly stands out as one of the best lone strikers in Premier League history - just ask Arsene Wenger about how he always bullied Arsenal when they played the Blues in the past.
    This is a new Chelsea team now, in terms of personnel and playing style, but one thing about them has not changed - the role of solitary striker - and I thought Torres played it almost to perfection.
    He does it in a different way to Drogba of course, because he is never going to win the physical battles. Instead, it was Torres's movement which made him such a handful.
    Play media _63195890_mmftbplarschedimatteoint.png
    'Excellent' Chelsea pleases Di Matteo

But what the £50m Spaniard did have in common with his old team-mate was how hard he worked for his side.
    Torres obviously scored one goal, and won the free-kick that led to the winner. But did you notice how he kept going until the very end?
    His work-rate is what particularly impressed me, and nothing showed that better than the way he won a free-kick in injury time - chesting down a high ball from Petr Cech and bringing a foul from Arsenal as his side looked to see out the game.
    It is not exactly glamorous but that selfless side of his game is exactly what was needed from someone playing in his role.
    When I've played in teams with one man up top, it is always a difficult role but it generally depends on whether you are home or away, and who you are playing, as to exactly what you want from him.
    At home, using Chelsea's set-up with Juan Mata, Eden Hazard and Oscar behind him, you would look to Torres to hold the ball up and bring those three into play as a link man when the Blues are enjoying a lot of possession and putting the opposition under pressure.
    There were elements of that on Saturday but, because Chelsea were pushed back a lot by Arsenal at times, Torres had to do a lot more chasing of the ball in the channels, and also of lost causes full-stop.
    In situations like that, it is important your striker is mobile enough to get after the ball and harry defenders, and that was exactly what Torres did so well.
    Putting in a shift

• Fernando Torres scored his 75th career Premier League goal at the Emirates Stadium. Since he arrived in England in 2007 only Wayne Rooney (88) and Robin van Persie (80) have netted more Premier League goals.
    • This was also Torres' 150th ever top flight league goal. He now has exactly the same number of goals in both the Premier League and La Liga (75).

Di Matteo plays a system that plays to Torres's strengths because he likes to play on the last defender's shoulder, and he likes to run on to little throughballs.
    Hazard and Oscar are still settling in but the most encouraging sign that the new system is working for Chelsea, apart from the fact they are top of the league of course, is how well Mata and Torres are linking up.
    They have played together for a year now, and it shows. They created goals for each other against Wolves in the Capital One Cup last week and Mata set up Torres for Chelsea's first goal on Saturday too.

Aftre the league heroics we need a win to kick start the UCL campaign tonight away in Denmark.

Confident we can do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Looks like the special one may have sights back on Stamford Bridge, would prefer that to Pepe in the event RDMdoes not get an extension or given the bullet before hand.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/10/02/id-manage-chelsea-again-no-problem-jose-mourinho-insists-relationship-with-roman-abramovich-is-good/70067/

• Advertisement

Looks like the special one may have sights back on Stamford Bridge, would prefer that to Pepe in the event RDMdoes not get an extension or given the bullet before hand.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/10/02/id-manage-chelsea-again-no-problem-jose-mourinho-insists-relationship-with-roman-abramovich-is-good/70067/

wouldnt like to see him go to a rival put it that way. Fergie will step down within the next 2 years I reckon, could even be this year if they will nowt again!

If Jose does come back to England i do hope its with us and not City/Utd.

If Jose does come back to England i do hope its with us and not City/Utd.

But then, Robbie keeps annoying Roman by being top of the league and starting to ease out the oldies and blend in exciting young players who play more attacking football.
    Damm you Robbie! ;)

If RDM keeps it up he cant be sacked, simple,, not even Roman would pull the trigger if and its a big if, we win the league and Real win the UCL and Jose has fulfilled what he wanted with Real and wants to leave.

6 EPL games and we're sitting pretty on top and RDM can take the credit for it.

Where we finish in the league will dictate whether or nto he keeps his job, if he finishes top 3 he'll keep it, IMO, 4th, his position isnt safe but he shouldnt really be replace, anywhere outside top 4 and he'll be axed IMO.

Apparently we scouted M'Vila last weekend

Arsenal spent much of the summer linked with a move for Yann M'Vila and at certain periods it seemed only a matter of time before his arrival at the club was confirmed. The 22 year old France international was seen as a typical Wenger purchase, young and talented he would have been a replacement for the departing Alex Song.
    However, the move didn't happen and now Chelsea have been brought in the picture as a potential destination for M'Vila. He's had issues off the field including spending a night in a police station after an altercation with his sister's boyfriend. The midfielder has spoken recently about being aware he needs to live his life correctly off the pitch but the storms surrounding him this summer appeared to have halted a move.
    Manchester United were inevitably linked but Sir Alex Ferguson has always made a point of buying the man as well as the footballer and, whilst it may not always work, he tries to bring the right collection of people together and given his troubles it's debatable whether M'Vila would pass that test.
    TMW say that Chelsea also scouted him last weekend but again that may have proved a disadvantage. M'Vila is a bit out of favour at Rennes, the club thought they'd be able to sell him last summer and he's not an automatic first pick any more. Rennes were perhaps asking too much and the transfer saga unsettled M'Vila further, leading to a drop in form.
    In the last two games against Toulouse and Lille, the midfielder didn't come up until after the 70th minute, so the watching scout from Chelsea won't have got much in return. If the Stamford Bridge club do decide to make a move then they should be able to get him for around £10m or less, which given his earlier potential would be something of a bargain.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-scouted-m-vila-during-recent-match-ahead-of-bargain-janua

If any of the M'Vila rumours are tfrue it would be excellent.

Hes a good footballer and for around €10 million you would have been laughed off by Rennes 18-24 months ago.

As mentioned, if he can get his head right he'll be a good addition to any team, it woud eb nice to pull amother Arsenal target after our Mata deal last year.

What channel we on tonight?

UTV?

What channel we on tonight?

UTV?

dont think so , they are showing the utd match! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT